Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Forest [Premier League] Sat 14th Sep @ 3:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 8th of September and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W9 D6 L9

England National Football Team

Read 382480 times
      Harrisimo
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,616 posts | 1471 
      Re: England National Football Team
      Reply #3542: Jul 10, 2024 05:54:06 pm
      Question, so if England manage to go through to the final, does Southgate keep his job regardless of the final outcome?

Think Southgate (63%) has indicated this will be his last competition. Done well enough to be fair.Only Capello(66%) has a better win ratio that SG.

Took over from Allardyce and restored some pride. Euro runner up, 4th and 6th place in World cup. Might still end up winning this, but I doubt he will get much respect on here.Probably not about the man himself more the England image as we see it.
      Harrisimo

• 8,616 posts | 1471 
      Reply #3543: Jul 10, 2024 07:08:49 pm
      Questions being asked about Kane's fitness. Not quite 100%. Have to limping for Southgate to leave him out but if he has no impact and the game is at a stalemate or going away from them Southgate has to make the change.

Trent is not just a long ball man, his crosing is world class and I think Mainoo is a great prospect but he's not in front of Trent.
      Harrisimo

• 8,616 posts | 1471 
      Reply #3544: Jul 10, 2024 08:18:10 pm
      Pen check on Kane..not for me...but....give it....was never a pen...Kane to take it....1-1
      Harrisimo

• 8,616 posts | 1471 
      Reply #3545: Jul 10, 2024 08:21:05 pm
      Tight pitch..tight ground..has the feel of a genuine cup tie.Pacy game.
      Harrisimo

• 8,616 posts | 1471 
      Reply #3546: Jul 10, 2024 10:09:56 pm
      Watkins scores the winner..England in the.....final...against. ....Spain....should get Rafa or Xabi....in the studio...
      Harrisimo

• 8,616 posts | 1471 
      Reply #3547: Jul 12, 2024 06:12:24 pm
      Spain have been the best team in the tournament and have unearthed a 16 year old future 'star' in Lamine Yamal. Spain have won all of their 6 games. Rodri is obviously one of the best holding midfielders in world football. Cucurella is very consistent.  Neco Williams, Yamal and Morata are a handful and if they click, it won't be a knighthood..more like a mighthood for Gareee.

Think he'll go with the same 11. Kane has done well to be fair, to score 4, considering he's not 100%. Trent will have to sit it out.Obviously Mainoo is a talent but it's just emerging whereas Trent is world class and really should be starting. Could argue he needs the front 3 to be looking for the run.

chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,846 posts | 2989 
      Reply #3548: Jul 12, 2024 10:31:29 pm
      Spain have been the best team in the tournament and have unearthed a 16 year old future 'star' in Lamine Yamal. Spain have won all of their 6 games. Rodri is obviously one of the best holding midfielders in world football. Cucurella is very consistent.  Neco Williams, Yamal and Morata are a handful and if they click, it won't be a knighthood..more like a mighthood for Gareee.

Think he'll go with the same 11. Kane has done well to be fair, to score 4, considering he's not 100%. Trent will have to sit it out.Obviously Mainoo is a talent but it's just emerging whereas Trent is world class and really should be starting. Could argue he needs the front 3 to be looking for the run.

Spain didn't unearth Yamal. He's been putting in quality performances for a year already.
      Harrisimo

• 8,616 posts | 1471 
      Reply #3549: Jul 13, 2024 11:39:53 am
      Spain didn't unearth Yamal. He's been putting in quality performances for a year already.

Give over..it was just a figure of speech..
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,578 posts | 1012 
      • F**k the Sun F**k Murdoch F**k the press and F**k
      Reply #3550: Jul 13, 2024 03:02:47 pm
      England have been on the United side of the draw, stuffy, but now they face a quality team let’s see how good they are.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 17,913 posts | 2851 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #3551: Jul 13, 2024 03:44:21 pm
      England have been on the United side of the draw, stuffy, but now they face a quality team let’s see how good they are.

Good enough to win on paper. However, with Safegate in charge he doesn’t get the best out of them.
      Harrisimo

• 8,616 posts | 1471 
      Reply #3552: Jul 13, 2024 06:56:57 pm
      One aspect of England's play is they run out of steam in the second half. Southgate has to be quicker with the subs.60 minute mark at least. England are capable of beating Spain but Spain would have to come down a peg or three.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,030 posts | 6938 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #3553: Jul 14, 2024 01:05:27 am
      Harrisimo

• 8,616 posts | 1471 
      Reply #3554: Jul 14, 2024 06:27:00 pm
      All getting a bit tedious now. Jingoistic even. Luckily I've got an airport run to do so will probably miss most of it. Trent will probably have to pull Southgate out of the ssshhh....

He'll come on 10 minutes to go and lash one it from 25 or so.Might be the winner or take it in to ET.
      murpies
      • Forum Dean Saunders

• 71 posts |
      Reply #3555: Jul 14, 2024 07:50:40 pm
      Any live stream for the final?
      The-AllMightyReds
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 2,106 posts | 460 
      • In Klopp I trust
      Reply #3556: Jul 14, 2024 11:09:43 pm
      The-AllMightyReds
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 2,106 posts | 460 
      • In Klopp I trust
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,030 posts | 6938 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #3558: Jul 15, 2024 09:52:25 am

:lmao:
      Longy-Shops
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,742 posts | 904 
      Reply #3559: Jul 15, 2024 12:17:13 pm
      Crocodile tears....Statements from the Monarch.....The predictable back page photo's of consolation....Dear oh dear.
      For me, the whole landscape surrounding the English National team exists in a kind of Peter Pan fantasy...a never never land of lost hopes and dreams. Tournament after tournament we hear " We'll use the pain of this defeat as extra motivation to win next time round" etc etc. It's all about them, all you get repeated ad infinitum is We've got the best players...blah blah blah...yet there's no empirical evidence that ever supports that view. I've seen generations of England teams fail to bring it home (FFS)....all those squads were trapped by a misguided sense of entitlement as opposed to genuine merit. Such is they're exaggerated perception of their own greatness, with a corresponding and exaggerated disregard of the talents of their opponents. It's easy to see why they are trapped...they are brainwashed by the media, brainwashed by their wealth, brainwashed by fanatical equally brainwashed support....In short they think they're better than they actually are.
      "We'll use the pain of this defeat to come back stronger..." except they don't and they won't, because they fail to understand that other countries also develop players and many of those players are (a lot) better than them.
      Norfolk Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,197 posts | 537 
      Reply #3560: Jul 15, 2024 04:55:03 pm
      Above pretty much sums it up for me and well said.

One thing I really don't understand and it really boils my piss is, Southgate comes out and says we couldn't get Harry Kane fit so why oh why does he play him ffs.
      Harry fcucking Kane a legend in his own lifetime a man who has won nothing.

Rant over, roll on some proper football.
      The-AllMightyReds
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 2,106 posts | 460 
      • In Klopp I trust
      Reply #3561: Jul 15, 2024 05:02:00 pm

Tbf he didn't have to cross out 2020 as he didn't have "winners" tattooed under Euros....so really what he should've done is gone back to the tattooist and asked to get "finalist" inked on instead, then it's an accurate piece of work. Job done.
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,121 posts | 5142 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #3562: Jul 15, 2024 05:23:11 pm
      Crocodile tears....Statements from the Monarch.....The predictable back page photo's of consolation....Dear oh dear.
      For me, the whole landscape surrounding the English National team exists in a kind of Peter Pan fantasy...a never never land of lost hopes and dreams. Tournament after tournament we hear " We'll use the pain of this defeat as extra motivation to win next time round" etc etc. It's all about them, all you get repeated ad infinitum is We've got the best players...blah blah blah...yet there's no empirical evidence that ever supports that view. I've seen generations of England teams fail to bring it home (FFS)....all those squads were trapped by a misguided sense of entitlement as opposed to genuine merit. Such is they're exaggerated perception of their own greatness, with a corresponding and exaggerated disregard of the talents of their opponents. It's easy to see why they are trapped...they are brainwashed by the media, brainwashed by their wealth, brainwashed by fanatical equally brainwashed support....In short they think they're better than they actually are.
      "We'll use the pain of this defeat to come back stronger..." except they don't and they won't, because they fail to understand that other countries also develop players and many of those players are (a lot) better than them.

Fantastic post mate, and absolutely spot f***in on, I’ve been saying similar for years, albeit not quite as accurate, our wee Country Scotland gets the piss ripped out of it because we’re not good enough, but here’s the rub, nor is f***in England, the difference is, we know we have no chance of winning, we’ve accepted that there’s more chance someone winning the Lotto, so when we qualify for any major event such as the Euro’s that’s a achievement in itself,
      But England, still think their a global entity, still harbouring on that ‘66’ win and believe they are entitled to be amongst the elite, the arrogance from fans, pundits etc is astounding, the actual truth is England fail to win because the FA employ ‘Yes’ men, such as Southgate, and every manager before him, going back to Ramsey in ‘66’,

Believe it or not, I actually feel sorry for England and those sensible souls amongst them, because the reality is, you do have a group of players capable of winning major competitions, unfortunately the FA keep employing managers who can’t or don’t manage effectively, in particular Southgate, his attitude is ‘Not to Lose’ hence those lacklustre performances in the group stages and again last night when it mattered,

Kane should never have played, but he’s England’s golden boy, so the FA would have influenced Southgate for him to play, he was actually a hindrance last night, he played Shaw knowing he wasn’t 100% fit either, there’s other things he could have done to change the dynamic but didn’t, why didn’t he throw on Anthony Gordon, why did he leave so late to play Palmer, he could have chucked Ollie Watkins on instead of sticking with Kane who offered F**k all the first 45, he could have put Trent on too, the best passer and dead ball player England has, but Southgate as ever was, is and always will be tactically inept, and was pandering to his masters,  England will never win another competition so long as the FA employ ‘Yes’ men, managers who manage, not Clough, not J Charlton, or any other outspoken manager who don’t fit into the establishment psyche !!

Wonder who the next ‘Yes’ man will be ?? maybe he’s coming home too !!

YNWA
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,864 posts | 5164 
      Reply #3563: Jul 15, 2024 07:19:43 pm
      Above pretty much sums it up for me and well said.

One thing I really don't understand and it really boils my piss is, Southgate comes out and says we couldn't get Harry Kane fit so why oh why does he play him ffs.
      Harry fcucking Kane a legend in his own lifetime a man who has won nothing.

Rant over, roll on some proper football.

He played him for one reason.

He's simply too afraid of any fallout if he left him out and things didn't go well.
      tq redz
      • Forum Ronny Rosenthal

• 102 posts | 17 
      Reply #3564: Jul 15, 2024 08:56:56 pm

Fantastic post mate, and absolutely spot f***in on, I’ve been saying similar for years, albeit not quite as accurate, our wee Country Scotland gets the piss ripped out of it because we’re not good enough, but here’s the rub, nor is f***in England, the difference is, we know we have no chance of winning, we’ve accepted that there’s more chance someone winning the Lotto, so when we qualify for any major event such as the Euro’s that’s a achievement in itself,
      But England, still think their a global entity, still harbouring on that ‘66’ win and believe they are entitled to be amongst the elite, the arrogance from fans, pundits etc is astounding, the actual truth is England fail to win because the FA employ ‘Yes’ men, such as Southgate, and every manager before him, going back to Ramsey in ‘66’,

Believe it or not, I actually feel sorry for England and those sensible souls amongst them, because the reality is, you do have a group of players capable of winning major competitions, unfortunately the FA keep employing managers who can’t or don’t manage effectively, in particular Southgate, his attitude is ‘Not to Lose’ hence those lacklustre performances in the group stages and again last night when it mattered,

Kane should never have played, but he’s England’s golden boy, so the FA would have influenced Southgate for him to play, he was actually a hindrance last night, he played Shaw knowing he wasn’t 100% fit either, there’s other things he could have done to change the dynamic but didn’t, why didn’t he throw on Anthony Gordon, why did he leave so late to play Palmer, he could have chucked Ollie Watkins on instead of sticking with Kane who offered F**k all the first 45, he could have put Trent on too, the best passer and dead ball player England has, but Southgate as ever was, is and always will be tactically inept, and was pandering to his masters,  England will never win another competition so long as the FA employ ‘Yes’ men, managers who manage, not Clough, not J Charlton, or any other outspoken manager who don’t fit into the establishment psyche !!

Wonder who the next ‘Yes’ man will be ?? maybe he’s coming home too !!

YNWA

I actually have the opinion the media are as much to blame as anyone. Consistently ramming it down everyone's throats the Premier league is the best in the world and fairly average individual performances being called World class.

Quick Reply