Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Bmouth [Premier League] Sat 21st Sep @ 3:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 21st of September and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W16 D3 L7

Mourinho v Benitez kicks off again

Read 1527 times
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 39,808 posts | 7056 
      Mourinho v Benitez kicks off again
      Apr 24, 2007 09:54:24 pm
      Here's his latest bullshit

"It won't be a fair fight because the conditions are different."

"When Liverpool were in Portugal preparing for their game with [FC] Barcelona we played three matches including the League Cup final. Steven Gerrard did not play in Liverpool's last game [Saturday's 2-0 win against Wigan Athletic FC] – do you think Gerrard and Frank Lampard have the same conditions to compete?"

(Correction you Portugese tosser - he did play)

"I am not a statistics man but in the last three years I think Chelsea have 55 or 60 points more than them," he said. "We have to praise Liverpool for what they have done in knockout competitions, they have won the Champions League and the FA Cup and they are in another Champions League semi-final."

"We do think we can win but if they only play in one competition for half a season then they arrive at this crucial moment in a great situation. They had an easy group whereas Chelsea had a group containing Werder Bremen and Barcelona and then two games with [FC] Porto and two with Valencia [CF]."

(Barcelona? The team we knocked out?)

Apparently Mourinho also suggested that Liverpool would try to get Chelsea's players booked!

Rafa Benitez's response quite amused me.

"I do not like playing these mind games", still managed the perfect put-down by saying: "It had not crossed my mind, but maybe it has Mourinho's because that is what Chelsea did two seasons ago to Xabi Alonso."

"Maybe that is what Jose did to Alonso. But if that was a message to the referee (Markus Merk) then I can say that if it is a yellow card, that is what it should be. If it is red, then also that is what it should be.

"I have confidence in Markus Merk, he is a very good referee and I am happy with the referees at this level."

Benitez also responded to Mourinho's persistent complaining about his injury worries. The Spaniard said: "I am learning many things I didn't know. That Chelsea have injury problems, but so do we.

"That they are tired and we are playing less important games. They have spent a lot of money over the last few years and they have a big squad.

"I also hear that he says Chelsea have got 60 more points than us over the last three years. Well to do that they have spent big, how much has each point cost them?"

Benitez, though, tried to get back to the game, saying: "We are confident, we have beaten them before and in important cup ties.

"We feel we can do that again. We need to score and to keep a clean sheet, and we are confident that we can do that. If we do score at Stamford Bridge, it will give us a much better chance at Anfield, exactly like last time."

« Last Edit: Apr 24, 2007 09:55:07 pm by JD »
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 39,808 posts | 7056 
      Re: Mourinho v Benitez kicks off again
      Reply #1: Apr 24, 2007 10:01:15 pm
      Do you reckon his wife believes him when he tells her he loves her?

Some more transcripts of Mourinho talking out his arse (from BBC Sport)

"We've a lot of players with two yellow cards," said Chelsea manager Mourinho.

"It wouldn't surprise me if they chased Drogba for 90 minutes to see if he can get a yellow card," added Mourinho.

For Wednesday's game Chelsea will be without two key players - Michael Essien, who is suspended and the injured Michael Ballack.

"Now we have a lot of injuries and a suspension," said Mourinho.

"We can say that our opponent has been preparing for this game for a long time and we've been preparing for it since yesterday.

"Fatigue is obvious. Everybody knows that in this moment of the season, maximum power is absolutely crucial. In this moment many things are decided by that and not with quality.

"If you ask me about the favourites, Liverpool should be the favourites.

"They are favourites because in the year 2007, we've played 27 matches and Liverpool play three or four.

"If you're not a big club, you choose one competition and you fight in that competition and forget the others.

"Big clubs - we cannot do this. We have to go on until we can and try the maximum we can. It's a risk to try and win everything or nothing, or almost nothing because we've the Carling Cup.

"In the last three seasons in the Premiership, Chelsea have more than 60 points more than Liverpool. That's a lot.

"If they're a great team in knockout competitions, we have to admit that and praise them for it. They're good in knockout.

"But if you play only one competition for half of the season, then you've great conditions. Since January they've played only Champions League.

"So they arrive into this crucial moment of the season in a great situation."

smigger15
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,421 posts | 284 
      • YNWA - JFT96
      Reply #2: Apr 24, 2007 10:44:19 pm
      Only three words to say on that really JD - WHAT AN AR*SE !!!! 

:tosser:
      Madzz Adzz
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 569 posts |
      Reply #3: Apr 24, 2007 11:13:53 pm
      I hope his words come bk to haunt him next season wen we win the lot and become the best team in the world!
      THE MESSIAH
      • Forum Sami Hyypia

• 471 posts | 20 
      • "and on the seventh day.....there shall be Kenny"
      Reply #4: Apr 24, 2007 11:42:49 pm
      the potugese plonker thinks that we are going to spend 90mins, chasing dogbreath drogba over the pitch, harrassing him, so as to get him booked, and get him banned from the return leg. What a load of crap!!!!Drogba could'nt score in a brothel, at the moment, so I for one hopes that he plays both legs. Weve done it before, and we can do it again.....COME ON YOU MIGHTY REDS
      Tallfc
      • Forum Phil Thompson

• 477 posts |
      Reply #5: Apr 24, 2007 11:48:52 pm
      Whos he trying to blag.Come Liverpool Lets make it 6. WHAT A  :tosser:
      « Last Edit: Apr 24, 2007 11:50:47 pm by Tallfc »
      Court LFC
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,497 posts | 182 
      Reply #6: Apr 25, 2007 12:01:51 am
      Why does Mourinho always mouth off before the game. It always proves bad luck for him!!
      I can't wait for foxy to come on here and start gloating.
      He still hasn't returned since we beat them 2-0!!
      priesty10
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,339 posts |
      • Rafa, Gone but not forgotten
      Reply #7: Apr 25, 2007 09:11:35 am
      ;D, thats funny

he's a funny f***er  :laughing-smiley-014:

Think Mourinho's been  :chongin:

roll on 7.45 :)
      graham135uk
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 797 posts | 27 
      • “Liverpool are magic. Everton are tragic.”
      Reply #8: Apr 25, 2007 09:18:57 am
      Mourinho is always the same, he likes to play mind games.

I think some sould tell him, he is not very good at it. ;D ;D

The mighty Bill was the best at mind games
      kelv78
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,913 posts | 14 
      Reply #9: Apr 25, 2007 09:20:46 am
      After watching last nights interview Jose has persudaded me to lean on the fence to support utd in the cup final and for the league,the man is a complete tosser i still cant belive hes going on about Luis Garcias goal i wish the ref had brought play back sent cech off and gave us the pen we would have killed them 85mins at anfield 1 down with 10 men.
      Nicola
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,117 posts | -7 
      • YNWA
      Reply #10: Apr 25, 2007 10:59:40 am
      What's Mourinho on about, we've only played 4 games and they've played 27?! Umm ok. So they've had a few more in Carling and FA Cup.

Let's get an away goal or two to scare the crap out of them. Hope the referee gives a few of them yellows too ;)

Quick Reply