Trending Topics

Next match: Milan v LFC [Champions League] Tue 17th Sep @ 8:00 pm
      San Siro

Today is the 16th of September and on this date LFC's match record is P37 W21 D9 L7

NESV/Fenway Sports Group: Owners of LFC

Read 2928312 times
      ed603em and 5 Guests are viewing this topic.
      Don77
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,755 posts | 1190 
      Re: NESV/Fenway Sports Group: Owners of LFC
      Reply #35558: Sep 01, 2024 07:58:00 pm
      Not offering Salah, VVD and Trent a contract is worse than not spending money on transfers because we known certainly what we are getting from these three.

Do it quickly.

Its amateur. And it is so disrespectful to Mo Salah. Im glad he put it in the spotlight. That was no accident and was premeditated.

I fully believe he wants to stay here. Break more records. Have more success. They will be queuing up round europe to take him. Losing him would be a bitter blow, to a rival and on a free would be outright negligence.

Same goes for Arnold and Virgil. Sort it out. Only this club with these owners would have a situation like this.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,518 posts | 3794 
      Reply #35559: Sep 01, 2024 08:08:51 pm
      Not offering Salah, VVD and Trent a contract is worse than not spending money on transfers because we known certainly what we are getting from these three.

Do it quickly.

There is plenty of time yet , there has been a lot of changes this summer and it’s going to be something on their radar to do
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,518 posts | 3794 
      Reply #35560: Sep 01, 2024 08:10:10 pm
      Its amateur. And it is so disrespectful to Mo Salah. Im glad he put it in the spotlight. That was no accident and was premeditated.

I fully believe he wants to stay here. Break more records. Have more success. They will be queuing up round europe to take him. Losing him would be a bitter blow, to a rival and on a free would be outright negligence.

Same goes for Arnold and Virgil. Sort it out. Only this club with these owners would have a situation like this.

It’s got F**k all to do with the owners ffs

It will be down to Edwards , Hughes and Slot

And I want to see the players blank these questions to let it be sorted behind the scenes
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,628 posts | 4925 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #35561: Sep 01, 2024 08:12:02 pm
      It’s got F**k all to do with the owners ffs

It will be down to Edwards , Hughes and Slot

And I want to see the players blank these questions to let it be sorted behind the scenes

You're so cringe.
      Longy-Shops
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,778 posts | 921 
      Reply #35562: Sep 01, 2024 08:15:09 pm

Don't agree with that: He shouldn't be looking to spotlight anything in public. Be professional about it, if you want a new deal...tell them...not us.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,518 posts | 3794 
      Reply #35563: Sep 01, 2024 08:18:15 pm

It’s pathetic- look at the start we have had and yet still moaning and crying about the owners
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 38,262 posts | 7309 
      Reply #35564: Sep 01, 2024 08:24:49 pm

Mo said the club had not been in touch and if that is true it is incredibly disrespectful
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,518 posts | 3794 
      Reply #35565: Sep 01, 2024 08:35:53 pm
      Don't agree with that: He shouldn't be looking to spotlight anything in public. Be professional about it, if you want a new deal...tell them...not us.

As I said a while back , if he wants to stay then let them know what he is willing to sign when it comes to contract extensions

It was very much drawn out last time with Mo with his agent being public a few times .
      __Tickle__
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,222 posts | 547 
      Reply #35566: Sep 01, 2024 08:39:41 pm
      We all know (well those not being disingenuous anyway) these days that the player holds the cards when they've entered into the final year of their contract.

Will be for the club to make contact with the player and not the other way around.

Mo has 2-3 years left in him at this level.
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,860 posts | 2998 
      Reply #35567: Sep 01, 2024 08:55:42 pm
      Blaming the player in this situation is ridiculous but not surprising considering who's coming out with that train of thought.

Having three of your best players head into the last 12 months of their contract is just outright neglectful. Let's just hope their love for the club trumps any other interest.
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,860 posts | 2998 
      Reply #35568: Sep 01, 2024 08:56:04 pm
      Don77

• 6,755 posts | 1190 
      Reply #35569: Sep 01, 2024 09:02:55 pm

He shouldnt be having to tell them. His professionalism, his performances and his consistency and his happiness here says it all.

He can sign sonewhere else in 4 months time for next season. How long is he supposed to sit about? Theyve had all summer to speak to him. Show the man some respect and communicate with him. Same goes for VVD and Arnold. No other club operates like this.

Can you imagine city having haaland kdb and dias expiring and able to sign elsewhere in 4 months time and nobody even communicating with them?

Amateur and if Salah is irked by it along with the other 2 lads i cant say i blame them.
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,860 posts | 2998 
      Reply #35570: Sep 01, 2024 09:05:59 pm

It's obvious to everyone that Salah wants to sign a deal and stay with the club for the next 2-3 years. If you can't see that you're clueless. Our lot ain't clueless, they just want to sign Salah on a deal favourable to them but they're running the risk of him moving on elsewhere where he'll get paid what he deserves.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,518 posts | 3794 
      Reply #35571: Sep 01, 2024 09:06:58 pm
      He shouldnt be having to tell them. His professionalism, his performances and his consistency and his happiness here says it all.

He can sign sonewhere else in 4 months time for next season. How long is he supposed to sit about? Theyve had all summer to speak to him. Show the man some respect and communicate with him. Same goes for VVD and Arnold. No other club operates like this.

Can you imagine city having haaland kdb and dias expiring and able to sign elsewhere in 4 months time and nobody even communicating with them?

Amateur and if Salah is irked by it along with the other 2 lads i cant say i blame them.

Did City not have Gundegon leave on a free 🤷‍♂️

They are grown men , they know what we will happen if say something and it’s not a surprise that people like you leap upon it - takes the focus away from the manager and the job he is doing

If Mo wants a new contract then he is a big man , go and speak to Hughes about it - don’t air your dirty laundry in public

There isn’t one player bigger than the club and that includes Mo - be better
      Longy-Shops
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,778 posts | 921 
      Reply #35572: Sep 01, 2024 09:40:03 pm
      The mechanics behind offering Salah a new deal are not as simple as some might think. Before the club can offer a deal, they have to calculate the length of contract and the overall cost of covering it. It appears he's fit enough to go on at a peak level for at least 2 years (that's my judgement) but 
      the club have to calculate not only his fitness, but his appetite, his desires, his ambition; All this will inform their valuation of him.
       It's clear Mo remains a great asset, and I'm confident the club will offer him a new contract....but for how long and at what cost? Who knows?, and only Mo and his family will decide whether to take it, or leave.
      He shouldn't have to go bowl in hand looking for a deal, but neither should he be highlighting his frustrations about it in public. The onus is on the club to make their valuation and make their move. The same applies to all 3 key players entering their last season.
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,542 posts | 4610 
      Reply #35573: Sep 01, 2024 10:00:35 pm
      JWH arse rat at it again…😂

Relentless…
      ConzS
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,399 posts | 1045 
      Reply #35574: Sep 01, 2024 10:04:35 pm
      The mechanics behind offering Salah a new deal are not as simple as some might think. Before the club can offer a deal, they have to calculate the length of contract and the overall cost of covering it. It appears he's fit enough to go on at a peak level for at least 2 years (that's my judgement) but 
      the club have to calculate not only his fitness, but his appetite, his desires, his ambition; All this will inform their valuation of him.
       It's clear Mo remains a great asset, and I'm confident the club will offer him a new contract....but for how long and at what cost? Who knows?, and only Mo and his family will decide whether to take it, or leave.
      He shouldn't have to go bowl in hand looking for a deal, but neither should he be highlighting his frustrations about it in public. The onus is on the club to make their valuation and make their move. The same applies to all 3 key players entering their last season.
      Surely they need to talk to him to determine that?
      CT_LFC

• 6,849 posts | 1411 
      Reply #35575: Sep 01, 2024 10:06:39 pm

Will be interesting to see how this plays out. Salah is 32 and if he’s looking for 4-5 years i can’t see us doing that. 1-2 more years is more likely what the team would offer, but is that something Salah and his loudmouth agent would be willing to take?
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,518 posts | 3794 
      Reply #35576: Sep 01, 2024 10:09:18 pm
      Have no doubt that they will look at a 2 year extension on prob the same level of wages - hope that’s enough to keep him
      CT_LFC

• 6,849 posts | 1411 
      Reply #35577: Sep 01, 2024 10:09:24 pm

Haaland is 8 years younger than Salah. Not comparables. Even then, very little chance Haaland stays at City as long as Salah has been here.
      CT_LFC

• 6,849 posts | 1411 
      Reply #35578: Sep 01, 2024 10:11:06 pm
      Have no doubt that they will look at a 2 year extension on prob the same level of wages - hope that’s enough to keep him

Yup. Hopefully he learns from Gini who decided to leave because of that extra year. The grass isn’t greener but Salah’s agent is the wildcard. He will want the biggest payday.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,518 posts | 3794 
      Reply #35579: Sep 01, 2024 10:13:45 pm
      Yup. Hopefully he learns from Gini who decided to leave because of that extra year. The grass isn’t greener but Salah’s agent is the wildcard. He will want the biggest payday.

I don’t think a small pay rise will be too much of an issue

The club turned down £150mil for him

If they didn’t value him then they could have just taken that money
      Scottbot

• 9,834 posts | 2255 
      Reply #35580: Sep 01, 2024 10:18:40 pm

I disagree, if you have silence from both parties and it goes on for a while I daresay a few willcast aspersions in the direction of Salah e.g. he doesn't want to stay, he's looking for unreasonable money, he wants a payday in Saudi etc.

I'm glad he has spotlighted it becasue the idea that the club have not actually started it a conversation is pretty galling to me. Same applies to Virgil. And it's accentuated by the lack of transfer activity in the summer imo. If all three players go that's a fairly big rebuild next summer. The club are needlessly backing themselves into a situation. I mean, why are they not being pro-active in this situation? What possible reason could they have for waiting so long? These lads can all sign pre-contracts in a few months. Their agents will be getting calls already. I don't get it, it's unfathomable to me. I'm all for doing business behind closed doors but what the feck are they doing?

Quick Reply