Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Bmouth [Premier League] Sat 21st Sep @ 3:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 21st of September and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W16 D3 L7

Trent Alexander-Arnold Player Thread (D)

Read 238616 times
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,566 posts | 3798 
      Re: Trent Alexander-Arnold Player Thread (D)
      Reply #2139: Aug 22, 2024 12:13:50 pm
      « Last Edit: Aug 22, 2024 12:58:33 pm by Lallana in Pyjamas »
      The-AllMightyReds
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 2,230 posts | 488 
      • In Klopp I trust
      Reply #2140: Aug 22, 2024 12:19:30 pm

Are you trying to wind us all up with this link? Either that or clearly you don't think before you post.

In any case why are you, of all people, sharing rumours of Trent's new deal when you had it on good authority from Mr local ITK'er, 4 weeks ago now, he'd signed a new 3 year deal on 300k a week.
      « Last Edit: Aug 22, 2024 12:29:05 pm by The-AllMightyReds »
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,889 posts | 3004 
      Reply #2142: Aug 25, 2024 07:22:57 pm
      What the F**k was that sulking like a child at full time?
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 17,992 posts | 2855 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #2143: Aug 25, 2024 07:23:32 pm

Sell him. 😂
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,674 posts | 3024 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #2144: Aug 25, 2024 07:26:15 pm
      Moody cnut. Grow up for fook sake
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 38,306 posts | 7313 
      Reply #2145: Aug 25, 2024 07:45:25 pm
      By all accounts Arne wants as a wing back putting in crosses which he can't do by moving into midfield . Clearly Arne is the man in Charge good for him
      A lot of know our success has been based on Robbo and zTrent flying down the wings.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 32,036 posts | 6624 
      Reply #2146: Aug 25, 2024 07:48:29 pm
      And if Trent would be happy to go off what would that say about him? Much ado about nothing.
      Scottbot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,836 posts | 2255 
      Reply #2147: Aug 25, 2024 07:48:38 pm
      By all accounts Arne wants as a wing back putting in crosses which he can't do by moving into midfield . Clearly Arne is the man in Charge good for him
      A lot of know our success has been based on Robbo and zTrent flying down the wings.

Honestly mate, I don’t think he is asking either player to fly down the wings. Particularly in that first half, we didn’t see many overlaps. Robbo did it a couple of times but often when we had spells of possession he was playing further infield as was Trent. We actually looked a bit narrow. Slot has said himself, kill teams with possession, you don’t do that by lumping g in crosses everytime the ball goes wide.

I don’t like seeing Trent’s reaction though. It doesn’t bode particularly well. The club should never have let it get to this though. They’ve really dropped the ball on his contract imo
      The-AllMightyReds
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 2,230 posts | 488 
      • In Klopp I trust
      Reply #2148: Aug 25, 2024 08:00:36 pm

That's just Trent's character, sadly always had that immature side to him. Lot of growing up to do and needs to learn what it is to be a team player.

Wish him all the best next season on Madrid's bench.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,566 posts | 3798 
      Reply #2149: Aug 25, 2024 08:02:02 pm
      Didn’t really see what happened but Trent walked off ok , didn’t look like too many issues but then Slot sat next to him ?

waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 38,306 posts | 7313 
      Reply #2150: Aug 25, 2024 08:58:23 pm
      Honestly mate, I don’t think he is asking either player to fly down the wings. Particularly in that first half, we didn’t see many overlaps. Robbo did it a couple of times but often when we had spells of possession he was playing further infield as was Trent. We actually looked a bit narrow. Slot has said himself, kill teams with possession, you don’t do that by lumping g in crosses everytime the ball goes wide.

I don’t like seeing Trent’s reaction though. It doesn’t bode particularly well. The club should never have let it get to this though. They’ve really dropped the ball on his contract imo

That was Arnes point Robbo created and had two shots on target. We need this resolving soon
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,566 posts | 3798 
      Reply #2151: Aug 25, 2024 09:10:16 pm
      It’s very simple for Trent - he either gets on board with how the manager wants the team to play or he can move

These players know the cameras are on them and they know any reactions the click bait media will leap upon it

Slot is different from Klopp - he is very much all about the team ethic and not the individual

Trent can be a huge part of the a new era if he wants , but it will be under the managers ideas

Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,674 posts | 3024 
      Reply #2152: Aug 25, 2024 09:41:42 pm
      What a pr**k, honestly fook off if your going to sulk being subbed off late in a game thats won and the manager likely thinking of the next game

Arrogant arsehole. Probably doesnt help when you are his age getting murals done in worship.
      RedBelle
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 910 posts | 156 
      Reply #2153: Aug 25, 2024 09:45:39 pm
      He is an immense talent.
      BUT I can't be doing with the sulks and the face pulls and the moody gob - particularly when Jota (I think it was) came over to him at the end on the pitch and he almost shrugged him off.
      Arne should not have to explain to him the reasoning behind him being subbed. Trent's ego seems to be over riding his common sense.
      Game won, come off uninjured, rest and then be ready for the Mancs next week.
      Captains lead by example - if you compare him to Virgil who I thought was exceptional in his post match interview, Trent has a lot to learn.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,674 posts | 3024 
      Reply #2154: Aug 25, 2024 09:48:28 pm
      He is an immense talent.
      BUT I can't be doing with the sulks and the face pulls and the moody gob - particularly when Jota (I think it was) came over to him at the end on the pitch and he almost shrugged him off.
      Arne should not have to explain to him the reasoning behind him being subbed. Trent's ego seems to be over riding his common sense.
      Game won, come off uninjured, rest and then be ready for the Mancs next week.
      Captains lead by example - if you compare him to Virgil who I thought was exceptional in his post match interview, Trent has a lot to learn.

100%, teammate comes over enjoying the win and he looks like hes just got bad news.
      __Tickle__
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,238 posts | 548 
      Reply #2155: Aug 25, 2024 09:53:54 pm
      Quansah did it last week. Trent has done it this week. Needs to be a team meeting held by the players where this sort of sh*t is nipped in the bud pronto.

The coach is in charge of the team not vice versa.

Mo being the exception (and Milner once before his replacement scored) the players didn't do it under Jürgen.

Respect the manager.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,674 posts | 3024 
      Reply #2156: Aug 25, 2024 10:00:13 pm
      Quansah did it last week. Trent has done it this week. Needs to be a team meeting held by the players where this sort of sh*t is nipped in the bud pronto.

The coach is in charge of the team not vice versa.

Mo being the exception (and Milner once before his replacement scored) the players didn't do it under Jürgen.

Respect the manager.

No comparison. Quansah is learning and got whipped at half time

Trents a big head done it all so is beyond being subbed when the games won and common sense being applied by the boss

Only meeting needs to be held is VVD telling trent to cop on to himself
      sore monad
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,166 posts | 584 
      Reply #2157: Aug 25, 2024 10:53:22 pm
      Been saying for about 3 years that Jürgen let Trent get away with too much in terms of his attitude to his defending and given him the sense he is undroppable. Think we saw that today with him acting like a spoilt child over nothing.

My impression is that Slot is going to be a bit more ruthless, and is also going to put more emphasis on defending, than Jürgen. I think this could actually benefit Trent, who we all know could be a truly great RB. But Slot's job has been made more difficult by the fact Trent's contract has now gone into its last year. Arne just has to keep making the right decisions, not pandering to Trent's ego, and hope he's got enough maturity not to huff his way to a free transfer to RM next summer. (The club need to offer him a good deal ASAP as well.)
      -LFC-
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,425 posts | 1288 
      Reply #2158: Aug 25, 2024 11:01:15 pm
      I thought Slot spoke well about Trent's strengths in one of his post match interviews, and he wasn't drawn into the idea of it being some controversy that he was subbed. He has more than enough maturity and gravitas to handle a sulk or two.
      The-AllMightyReds
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 2,230 posts | 488 
      • In Klopp I trust
      Reply #2159: Aug 25, 2024 11:08:24 pm
      With every passing week he doesn't sign, the more I'm not fussed if he stays or goes....especially when he acts like an immature child which we all know he can be.

Never thought of him as much of a team player, Trent looks out for Trent.
      Millsy75
      • Forum Ian St John

• 453 posts | 77 
      Reply #2160: Aug 25, 2024 11:41:41 pm
      With every passing week he doesn't sign, the more I'm not fussed if he stays or goes....especially when he acts like an immature child which we all know he can be.

off on 77 mins, it's pathetic
      Longy-Shops
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,801 posts | 922 
      Reply #2161: Aug 25, 2024 11:47:24 pm

Bit over the top there aren't you?...I'm not defending Trent's childish shenanigans...he just made himself look stupid.

Quick Reply