Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Bmouth [Premier League] Sat 21st Sep @ 3:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 21st of September and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W16 D3 L7

Caoimhin Kelleher Player Thread (GK)

Read 42018 times
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,722 posts | 3556 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Re: Caoimhin Kelleher Player Thread (GK)
      Reply #322: Sep 09, 2024 12:45:30 pm
      Think he is a good GK but I don’t think he is good enough to be the main GK at a top club

When you look around number ones around the place I disagree. Unless you don't count arsenal  , united etc as top clubs
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,566 posts | 3798 
      Reply #323: Sep 09, 2024 01:06:57 pm
      When you look around number ones around the place I disagree. Unless you don't count arsenal  , united etc as top clubs

And the likes of Onana are also not good enough to be no 1 at a top club

I think Kelleher is better than them but I think there is something missing with him
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 34,086 posts | 4128 
      • Does anyone ever listen to him?
      Reply #324: Sep 09, 2024 02:14:09 pm
      https://x.com/offtheball/status/1833124445646618883

Sounds like he wants No 1 and he knows he wont get it staying at the club.
      -LFC-
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,425 posts | 1288 
      Reply #325: Sep 09, 2024 02:21:14 pm
      Can hardly blame him, he is at the stage where he deserves regular game time for a top fight club. It's unfortunate that the guy currently ahead of him is the best in the world otherwise I'm sure we'd be giving him that opportunity, and the signing of the Georgian fella signals we don't see him as Ali's outright successor, so any hope of waiting it out isn't a guarantee. At any other time pre Ali/ post Reina he would be our no 1.
      The-AllMightyReds
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 2,230 posts | 488 
      • In Klopp I trust
      Reply #326: Sep 09, 2024 02:28:30 pm
      Nothing new, something we've kinda known all summer.......to the point where fans agree with him, he needs to go out and be a #1 somewhere to really get his career kickstarted because for sure he's too good to be wasted away on anyone's bench.
      Longy-Shops
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,801 posts | 922 
      Reply #327: Sep 09, 2024 03:34:38 pm
      Proven himself between the sticks for us on numerous occasions and he would have thought he was in line to take over from Alisson. Bringing in an unproven (for us) keeper was a bit of kick in the teeth. Unless he'd made it clear he wanted out, I'd have kept him for as and when Ali moves on.
      All a bit sour really, and I don't think the club comes out smelling of roses.
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,722 posts | 3556 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #328: Sep 09, 2024 03:51:06 pm
      My view is  the club knows his ambitions but wouldn't sell him until we had ali's long term successor lined up. We have and he is younger than kelleher. Kelleher gets his move to be a number one and we get another top class keeper which should sort us for the next 10 years or so. I have watched every valencia game this season and a fair bit previously and the Georgian lad looks top class.
      __Tickle__
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,238 posts | 548 
      Reply #329: Sep 09, 2024 04:10:39 pm
      Hope he gets his move to be fair. Always amazed these decisions aren't discussed within the club at the time with Slot going to Kevin and telling him where he stands etc
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,566 posts | 3798 
      Reply #330: Sep 09, 2024 04:21:45 pm
      Proven himself between the sticks for us on numerous occasions and he would have thought he was in line to take over from Alisson. Bringing in an unproven (for us) keeper was a bit of kick in the teeth. Unless he'd made it clear he wanted out, I'd have kept him for as and when Ali moves on.

I’m not sure what the issue is

New manager , decides that he doesn’t see Kelleher as potential number 1 material but believes someone else is so they buy him

It’s up to Kelleher to stay and fight or look to leave
      -LFC-
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,425 posts | 1288 
      Reply #331: Sep 09, 2024 04:45:12 pm
      I’m not sure what the issue is

New manager , decides that he doesn’t see Kelleher as potential number 1 material but believes someone else is so they buy him

It’s up to Kelleher to stay and fight or look to leave

More likely as a club we've been watching the Georgian lad for a while and decided he's the one for us. Can't argue with that myself even if it does feel a bit harsh on Kelleher. The truth is we've seldom been so lucky to have the goalkeeping options we currently have at our disposal.
      gazred
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 928 posts | 343 
      Reply #332: Sep 09, 2024 09:00:25 pm

Professional football can be very harsh, especially for goalkeepers. Most clubs will have a clear number 1 and the number 2 is sitting on the bench waiting for an injury or a league cup game. In all other positions there is a good chance that a player will come on as a sub and usually has a chance of becoming a starter.
      Ramsdale at Arsenal another good example.

I like Kelleher a lot but maybe he's a bit below Liverpool FC level.
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,889 posts | 3004 
      Reply #333: Sep 09, 2024 09:57:58 pm
      He's been a great back up but to be honest I've never thought he'd be Ali's successor. Maybe Klopp did hence why he stuck around thinking he might take the number 1 spot soon but Slot clearly views it differently and signing a new keeper confirmed that.

If the bids had come in earlier for him maybe we might have let him go but it was too late I assume. Don't think moaning about it in the media helps but I guess he's entitled to say how he feels.
      sore monad
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,166 posts | 584 
      Reply #334: Sep 09, 2024 10:12:34 pm

Yeah, I think he's good enough to be our number 1. He's been excellent when he's had the chance and looked better than most of our rivals first choices.

Obviously the club disagree or we wouldn't have signed the Georgian guy. It's their call but can't really blame Kelleher for being a bit pissed off.
      Longy-Shops
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,801 posts | 922 
      Reply #335: Sep 09, 2024 11:08:48 pm
      Yeah, I think he's good enough to be our number 1. He's been excellent when he's had the chance and looked better than most of our rivals first choices.

Obviously the club disagree or we wouldn't have signed the Georgian guy. It's their call but can't really blame Kelleher for being a bit pissed off.
      Just goes to show where patience, loyalty and ability gets you. Shabby of the club to go out and buy another keeper, when frankly, we didn't need one. Nothing against the new fella...not his fault.
      Kurt Cocaine
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,128 posts | 203 
      Reply #336: Sep 09, 2024 11:26:21 pm
      Being pitted against the world's No.1 has its downfalls I guess....

Best of luck Caoimhín. I hope you land at a club that deserves you....

XxXX YNWA XxXX
      Don77
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,762 posts | 1193 
      Reply #337: Sep 10, 2024 10:11:31 am
      Maybe kellerher wasnt told of their wish to bring a new keeper in and found out late in the window like we all did.

If i was him and if id been told the plan id have told my agent to get me out before the deadline.

As it is maybe it was done late in the window by design as they knew the new lad was staying put for 12 months and didnt want to allow kelleher to leave knowing he would probably try to.

He's a dead man walking now. Id be telling my agent to look for a loan in january or permanent move.

He conducted himself with class here. Great memories of wembley in 22 and last season he was top class proving to me at least he could fill Ali's boots. The club thought otherwise.

In the meantime, he needs to be ready and im sure he will. Ali tends to go down with an injury and one point most seasons. He will be needed i feel while he is still here. Will be very tough on him mentally sadly. Thought he looked great again in preseason.
      lfc across the water
      • Needs a Klopp hug...Rafa's Number 1 fan...VAR has no faults Promoter
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,936 posts | 708 
      Reply #338: Sep 13, 2024 08:57:44 pm
      Quote from FATKOPITE10
      My view is  the club knows his ambitions but wouldn't sell him until we had ali's long term successor lined up. We have and he is younger than kelleher. Kelleher gets his move to be a number one and we get another top class keeper which should sort us for the next 10 years or so. I have watched every valencia game this season and a fair bit previously and the Georgian lad looks top class.

The keeper we paid way ott for this summer, could turn out to be the next Karius for all we know. He will probably want to move to someone like Barcelona in a couple of years, if he's any good.

Caoimhin said nothing new, just rehashed the same stuff that he says every year when he's asked where he sees his future. I don't know what else he's supposed to say tbh. He also said the kind of stuff that everyone else has been saying about him for years, LFC fans included. But as long as he's No. 1 for his country, he doesn't really need to go anywhere else.

As for the handful calling for him to go, we could easily end up with him and Allison gone in a year's time, then stuck with a keeper who conceded 8 goals in the Euros. How many world class Georgian goalkeepers can you recall in this league?
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 41,091 posts | 8980 
      Reply #339: Sep 14, 2024 12:28:08 pm
      The keeper we paid way ott for this summer, could turn out to be the next Karius for all we know. He will probably want to move to someone like Barcelona in a couple of years, if he's any good.

Caoimhin said nothing new, just rehashed the same stuff that he says every year when he's asked where he sees his future. I don't know what else he's supposed to say tbh. He also said the kind of stuff that everyone else has been saying about him for years, LFC fans included. But as long as he's No. 1 for his country, he doesn't really need to go anywhere else.

As for the handful calling for him to go, we could easily end up with him and Allison gone in a year's time, then stuck with a keeper who conceded 8 goals in the Euros. How many world class Georgian goalkeepers can you recall in this league?

How many Irish Keepers, apart from Shay Given? And even he was exposed by Gerrard a few times in the Prem
      lfc across the water
      • Needs a Klopp hug...Rafa's Number 1 fan...VAR has no faults Promoter
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,936 posts | 708 
      Reply #340: Sep 19, 2024 01:53:34 pm
      La Liga Table atm:

20 Valencia Pld 5 GD -7 Pts 1

We signed the best keeper at the Euros? Doesn't look like it.
      Kurt Cocaine
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,128 posts | 203 
      Reply #341: Sep 19, 2024 02:08:34 pm
      *hooks attached, line cast*
      The-AllMightyReds
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 2,230 posts | 488 
      • In Klopp I trust
      Reply #342: Sep 19, 2024 02:41:50 pm
      La Liga Table atm:

Jesus wept, what is this?

Tell me you don't have the slightest clue when it comes to keepers without telling me :lmao: :lmao:
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,566 posts | 3798 
      Reply #343: Sep 19, 2024 03:28:04 pm
      La Liga Table atm:

😂😂😂

Someone really is hurt
      sore monad
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,166 posts | 584 
      Reply #344: Sep 19, 2024 10:25:17 pm
      How many Irish Keepers, apart from Shay Given? And even he was exposed by Gerrard a few times in the Prem

Pat Jennings!

Quick Reply