Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Forest [Premier League] Sat 14th Sep @ 3:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 8th of September and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W9 D6 L9

Scouting talk

Read 426647 times
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,578 posts | 1012 
      • F**k the Sun F**k Murdoch F**k the press and F**k
      Re: Scouting talk
      Reply #6578: Jul 26, 2024 08:56:18 am
      I actually think Mo, Robbo, VVD, Endo are a good age if we can get younger legs around them.

Many a title winning side has players just into or approaching 30.

We nred to improve, standing still is going backwards
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,846 posts | 2989 
      Reply #6579: Jul 26, 2024 09:41:00 am
      I actually think Mo, Robbo, VVD, Endo are a good age if we can get younger legs around them.

The key for those players is future planning around them. We can't be flogging them game in, game out anymore. We saw with Virgil that he was back to his best for the first 3/4 of the season but he looked leggy in the run in and at the Euros. Robbo's body also doesn't seem to be able to hold up anymore like it used to. Salah also always starts a season better than he finishes it.

Signing a top centre back and then maybe rotating Virgil and Quansah would be a start. I'm not sure about Tsimikas so moving him on and trying to find a young LB might be an option and selling one of our left sided forwards and bringing in a right sided one is a no brainer for me.

DM is an interesting one for me because I don't think Endo is good enough and we're asking a lot out of Bajcetic to come in straight away considering he's barely kicked a ball for a year. I would probably make that the priority signing of the summer.
      Biscanator
      • Forum Graeme Souness

• 373 posts | 69 
      Reply #6580: Jul 26, 2024 09:50:22 am
      We nred to improve, standing still is going backwards

Improve where? Who do you want to replace?
      __Tickle__
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,185 posts | 530 
      Reply #6581: Jul 26, 2024 10:27:03 am
      My big thing is the forward line but let's face it, its impractical to sell and replace these guys now they are here.

Cards on the table though there are big question marks around Darwin, Diaz and Gakpo as well as big concerns on Jotas fitness issues. 

I think Cody is a solid player but Diaz and Nunez boil my piss at times with their wastefulness.
      « Last Edit: Jul 26, 2024 10:32:50 am by __Tickle__ »
      tq redz
      • Forum Ronny Rosenthal

• 102 posts | 17 
      Reply #6582: Jul 26, 2024 12:16:53 pm
      My big thing is the forward line but let's face it, its impractical to sell and replace these guys now they are here.

Cards on the table though there are big question marks around Darwin, Diaz and Gakpo as well as big concerns on Jotas fitness issues. 

I think Cody is a solid player but Diaz and Nunez boil my piss at times with their wastefulness.
      I think give them all this season under Slott, they will then all of been here long enough to make a definitive judgement.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 34,062 posts | 4108 
      • Does anyone ever listen to him?
      Reply #6583: Jul 26, 2024 12:37:57 pm
      The key for those players is future planning around them. We can't be flogging them game in, game out anymore. We saw with Virgil that he was back to his best for the first 3/4 of the season but he looked leggy in the run in and at the Euros. Robbo's body also doesn't seem to be able to hold up anymore like it used to. Salah also always starts a season better than he finishes it.

Signing a top centre back and then maybe rotating Virgil and Quansah would be a start. I'm not sure about Tsimikas so moving him on and trying to find a young LB might be an option and selling one of our left sided forwards and bringing in a right sided one is a no brainer for me.

DM is an interesting one for me because I don't think Endo is good enough and we're asking a lot out of Bajcetic to come in straight away considering he's barely kicked a ball for a year. I would probably make that the priority signing of the summer.

Think you've addressed everything in the squad that needs to be looked at this Summer.
      Before the Euros I would have just said a CDM and CB but looking at it again LB needs a young signing as
      Robbo's body is starting to pay the price of his years of outstanding work rate and Tsimikas is not the long term solution.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,944 posts | 6601 
      Reply #6584: Jul 26, 2024 02:30:07 pm

Play Cody on the left...that should help him as it's his preferred position. Diaz can be his backup/rotation. Agree on Darwin and Jota....Darwin really needs to find a little bit of consistency and Jota needs to stay healthy. I believe Danns is going out on loan but we do have some promising young attackers...wonder if Slot will keep any of them around to play senior football or if they'll be loaned out. With an injury or two (God forbid) our attacking options could be a little thin.
      adammac
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,786 posts | 243 
      • Heart As Big As Liverpool
      Reply #6585: Jul 26, 2024 02:55:41 pm

I agree though I fear with the bodies we have who can play CM Slot might br tempted to use Macca in that role when needed. He can do a job but it is a waste of talent.

As for the forward line it is so unbalance with that players who's are left sided attackers (Diaz and Jota) or their best position is left side of the attack (Nunez and Gakpo). It will be interesting to see how it plays out in addition the right side as I would like to see what Dom can do given more attacking role (as it was his position at Leipzig) when Salah needs a rest or is off form.

My hope was CDM and CB. Maybe a CF but given the numbers up top might not happen. See how it plays out in the transfer window
      rossyred
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,578 posts | 1726 
      Reply #6586: Jul 26, 2024 05:00:34 pm
      DCM is a must, defender as well.but that comes very much second to DM
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 41,028 posts | 8955 
      Reply #6587: Jul 26, 2024 07:51:06 pm

Robbo eventually.

Starting to pick up injuries more and more
      Biscanator
      • Forum Graeme Souness

• 373 posts | 69 
      Reply #6588: Jul 26, 2024 08:49:28 pm
      Robbo eventually.

Starting to pick up injuries more and more

Key point eventually, like klopp said we only sign people to improve the side its very hard to sign someone to sit on the bench.....
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,864 posts | 5164 
      Reply #6589: Jul 26, 2024 09:25:36 pm
      Key point eventually, like klopp said we only sign people to improve the side its very hard to sign someone to sit on the bench.....

Then you buy a LB who is younger and better than Robbo and he becomes the number 2.
      gazred
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 921 posts | 338 
      Reply #6590: Jul 26, 2024 09:43:12 pm

Agree. Modern football (for teams in PL and Europe, especially CL) is about having good squad of quality players. 5 years ago Mo, VVD and Robbo can be trusted to play 50-60  games per season. But they can't do that anymore. They all have a big role to play but their game time will need to be managed carefully.
      RazorRedz
      • Forum Steve Staunton

• 148 posts | 23 
      Reply #6591: Jul 27, 2024 11:01:22 am

Centre midfield
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 34,062 posts | 4108 
      Reply #6592: Jul 27, 2024 12:33:17 pm
      After watching the new system the club should 100% be looking at Ederson or Varela.

I would take one senior signing if it meant either of those two arrived in the summer.
      Kurt Cocaine
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,100 posts | 200 
      Reply #6593: Jul 27, 2024 01:15:01 pm
      After watching the new system the club should 100% be looking at Ederson or Varela.

I would take one senior signing if it meant either of those two arrived in the summer.
      Ederson yes, but Varela is pushing on in the years. Very good player though...
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 41,028 posts | 8955 
      Reply #6594: Jul 27, 2024 01:15:43 pm

That's fine and that's why Gomez played the majority of last season!!
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 34,062 posts | 4108 
      Reply #6595: Jul 27, 2024 06:05:50 pm

He’s 23
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,366 posts | 3756 
      Reply #6596: Jul 27, 2024 06:44:20 pm

Varela is only 23
      The-AllMightyReds
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 2,106 posts | 460 
      • In Klopp I trust
      Reply #6597: Jul 27, 2024 07:08:58 pm
      Only 1 signing would be disappointing, no real expectations to challenge on any front.

We've signed 1 CB in 8 years, actually I think we've only signed 2 defenders in 8 years.

Do we really want to wait until Virg and Mo are gone before having another rebuild?
      Kurt Cocaine
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,100 posts | 200 
      Reply #6598: Jul 27, 2024 07:19:47 pm
      Ah, I thought you meant the Uruguayan player, who's around the 30yo mark...
      Breeding-Reds-In-The-434
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,441 posts | 1168 
      Reply #6599: Jul 27, 2024 07:29:35 pm
      That's much too old. Go for Lamal or Endrick. At least they have a few years left in their legs
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,030 posts | 6938 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #6600: Jul 28, 2024 01:52:35 am
      New manager.

New Sporting Director.

Euro's only finished.

Transfer window open for another 7 weeks or so

I absolutely see this point but the other side of the coin for me is, that Edwardes came back to us towards the end of last season , Slot said himself he watched pretty much every Liverpool game he had the chance too.

So surely they would both have already, a pre-conceived idea of what's needed for us to compete at the very top and I'm just hoping in the background, they are working towards getting those deals signed.

Would love to get any in comings in ASAP to adjust to all things Liverpool.
      « Last Edit: Jul 28, 2024 04:20:31 am by AussieRed »

Quick Reply