Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Bmouth [Premier League] Sat 21st Sep @ 3:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 21st of September and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W16 D3 L7

Scouting talk

Read 433203 times
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,567 posts | 3799 
      Re: Scouting talk
      Reply #7613: Aug 22, 2024 05:34:32 pm
      Did you just go and count them ;D!?

I didn’t say their squad was big enough, I think they could use a few more. I said they had done excellent business in the transfer window the past few years. They have been very consistent and their business is reminiscent of the work Edwards was doing at LFC first time around.

As for our squad, it’s not lacking for numbers. It’s lacking in quality. Top 4 yes. Title? No chance IMO. But it could be….

It was on 5live yesterday when they were talking about the 3 squads being clear of everyone else

And I think we have as good a chance of the title as both of them

Injuries will be key
      Scottbot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,836 posts | 2255 
      Reply #7614: Aug 22, 2024 05:37:33 pm
      I think they could win the title if everything goes right...but I suppose many of us would debate what "right" looks like.

One things for sure, most believe we need some more quality and we surely have the money for it with all the sales, so some incomings this week (that will actually play for us in the next 2 or 3 years hopefully)?

Two really good players could make a massive difference mate. A quality number 6 and a CB will challenge to start alongside VVD would make a massive difference and not just to the team itself, it might go a long way to convincing the three lads that their futures lie at LFC.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 32,036 posts | 6624 
      Reply #7615: Aug 22, 2024 05:41:35 pm
      Two really good players could make a massive difference mate. A quality number 6 and a CB will challenge to start alongside VVD would make a massive difference and not just to the team itself, it might go a long way to convincing the three lads that their futures lie at LFC.

Agree for the most part, Konate seems like a luxury player at this point. Good when he's fit, but how much can you count on him being available?

Be nice to have a regular backline that started together with some regularity. A CB that would allow Trent to do what he does best. And as you say...getting the three going out of contract signed should have been a priority for Hughes the day he stepped in the door. Apparently that's not been the case.
      rossyred
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,595 posts | 1728 
      Reply #7616: Aug 22, 2024 05:45:45 pm

Mute point really especially around Trent who I think the main energy will.be spent on as a longer contract and his age. Always said a CM and CB needed not exactly major surgery at this point but would then allow Morton or Baj to go on loan.and not leave us short .
      Aminegriffy
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,830 posts | 168 
      Reply #7617: Aug 22, 2024 05:51:19 pm
      Not point getting angry. They know we won't be challenging City so why even bother sign players when our squad is capable of winning the top 4 trophy ?
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,567 posts | 3799 
      Reply #7618: Aug 22, 2024 05:56:44 pm

Last season a number of time VVD was more the issue than his playing partner , even on Saturday early on he played a poor ball that put them in

If anything I think it’s a CB to play that left handed side and allow VVD to be time managed more

Between Konate and Quansah we are ok for the other spot

The contracts will sort themselves out either way - doesn’t seem to be affecting the players

If they want to stay then they will - if they want to leave then they go , don’t think it will affect the way they play
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,646 posts | 1030 
      • F**k the Sun F**k Murdoch F**k the press and F**k
      Reply #7619: Aug 22, 2024 06:03:40 pm
      Not point getting angry. They know we won't be challenging City so why even bother sign players when our squad is capable of winning the top 4 trophy ?

That’s the spirit I hate FSG but just what we need but I still live with hope…..maybe that’s what kills you
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,853 posts | 1891 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #7620: Aug 22, 2024 06:07:38 pm
      Last season a number of time VVD was more the issue than his playing partner , even on Saturday early on he played a poor ball that put them in

If anything I think it’s a CB to play that left handed side and allow VVD to be time managed more

Between Konate and Quansah we are ok for the other spot

The contracts will sort themselves out either way - doesn’t seem to be affecting the players

If they want to stay then they will - if they want to leave then they go , don’t think it will affect the way they play

Agreed, left sided CB priority to cover virg
      The-AllMightyReds
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 2,230 posts | 488 
      • In Klopp I trust
      Reply #7621: Aug 22, 2024 06:07:55 pm
      Looks like there is a proper fire sale about to happen at Chelsea. Not sure who the 14-15 players are that they have ostracised. I must admit I thought the big CB Disasi improved quite a bit over the course of last season and was one of their better acquisitions.

Broja, Lukaku, Fofana, Sterling, Chilwell, Chalobah, Chukuwemeka, Santos, Washington, Casadei,  plus about 5 keepers including Kepa.
      __Tickle__
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,238 posts | 548 
      Reply #7622: Aug 22, 2024 06:16:05 pm
      Broja, Lukaku, Fofana, Sterling, Chilwell, Chalobah, Chukuwemeka, Santos, Washington, Casadei,  plus about 5 keepers including Kepa.

Pass pass pass pass pass pass pass pass pass pass
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,567 posts | 3799 
      Reply #7623: Aug 22, 2024 06:34:41 pm
      Looks like there is a proper fire sale about to happen at Chelsea. Not sure who the 14-15 players are that they have ostracised. I must admit I thought the big CB Disasi improved quite a bit over the course of last season and was one of their better acquisitions.

Only one player I would take from Chelsea and that’s Caicedo - the rest aren’t great despite spending billions
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 17,994 posts | 2855 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #7624: Aug 22, 2024 06:49:03 pm
      Only one player I would take from Chelsea and that’s Caicedo - the rest aren’t great despite spending billions

Not for me, certainly not worth his price tag. I’d snap at Palmer given the chance.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,567 posts | 3799 
      Reply #7625: Aug 22, 2024 06:50:52 pm
      Not for me, certainly not worth his price tag. I’d snap at Palmer given the chance.
      Yeah he isn’t worth the money paid but think he is a quality player

Palmer  - strange one , want to reserve judgment on him until the end of this season
      Biscanator
      • Forum Graeme Souness

• 377 posts | 73 
      Reply #7626: Aug 22, 2024 06:58:43 pm
      Yeah he isn’t worth the money paid but think he is a quality player

Palmer  - strange one , want to reserve judgment on him until the end of this season

Can't get Palmers attitude to be honest it looks all wrong and I bet that lad can mess up a dressing room, I maybe wrong he has talent but there's something about him.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,567 posts | 3799 
      Reply #7627: Aug 22, 2024 06:59:19 pm
      Can't get Palmers attitude to be honest it looks all wrong and I bet that lad can mess up a dressing room, I maybe wrong he has talent but there's something about him.

Yep - there is a reason why Pep let him go ,
      -LFC-
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,425 posts | 1288 
      Reply #7628: Aug 22, 2024 07:24:58 pm
      Wouldn't go anywhere near Chelsea players. Definitely the wrong type if they go there. We are the other end of the spectrum in so many ways.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 17,994 posts | 2855 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #7629: Aug 22, 2024 07:42:28 pm
      Yep - there is a reason why Pep let him go ,

Folden.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,567 posts | 3799 
      Reply #7630: Aug 22, 2024 07:46:34 pm
      Can fit both of them in the team easily
      Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,714 posts | 1621 
      • "If you are second, you are nothing."
      Reply #7632: Aug 22, 2024 08:31:13 pm
      "historically, courage of their convictions, plan, bide their time, patient, brave."

It really is about how you say it.

I'm probably just being cynical, but there you go.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,567 posts | 3799 
      Reply #7633: Aug 22, 2024 08:35:58 pm
      "historically, courage of their convictions, plan, bide their time, patient, brave."

It really is about how you say it.

I'm probably just being cynical, but there you go.

Whatever happens we have to trust them , they are the ones putting their jobs on the line with their choices

For ages we were talking about how good Edwards was as a DoF and we have him back along with Ward and Hughes in there so got to trust them.

It’s going to be a heck of season and if they don’t get anyone else in before 31st it’s going to be Jan if they need someone
      Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,714 posts | 1621 
      • "If you are second, you are nothing."
      Reply #7634: Aug 22, 2024 08:37:51 pm
      Whatever happens we have to trust them , they are the ones putting their jobs on the line with their choices

For ages we were talking about how good Edwards was as a DoF and we have him back along with Ward and Hughes in there so got to trust them.

It’s going to be a heck of season and if they don’t get anyone else in before 31st it’s going to be Jan if they need someone

Just hope you're right.

Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,567 posts | 3799 
      Reply #7635: Aug 22, 2024 08:39:49 pm

I have a feeling we will surprise a few , may take some brave tactics at time and a bit of luck when it comes to injures

Quick Reply