Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Bmouth [Premier League] Sat 21st Sep @ 3:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 21st of September and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W16 D3 L7

Scouting talk

Read 432875 times
      IrishRed_IO, alex1995 and 12 Guests are viewing this topic.
      Scottbot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,836 posts | 2255 
      Re: Scouting talk
      Reply #7636: Aug 22, 2024 09:12:06 pm
      The contracts will sort themselves out either way - doesn’t seem to be affecting the players

If they want to stay then they will - if they want to leave then they go , don’t think it will affect the way they play

So you don’t think those three players (and their decisions) will be in any way affected by the clubs comings and goings in the transfer market? If the club sign three world class players would it have a bearing in their decision making? If the club sign no one will it have any sway?
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,566 posts | 3798 
      Reply #7637: Aug 22, 2024 09:14:39 pm
      So you don’t think those three players (and their decisions) will be in any way affected by the clubs comings and goings in the transfer market? If the club sign three world class players would it have a bearing in their decision making? If the club sign no one will it have any sway?

Nope I don’t think it will make a difference to if they are sign or not - I expect they are all beyind judging the future based on a transfer window
      Scottbot

• 9,836 posts | 2255 
      Reply #7638: Aug 22, 2024 09:21:20 pm
      Nope I don’t think it will make a difference to if they are sign or not - I expect they are all beyind judging the future based on a transfer window

Don’t be a fool. They will look at a number of factors. Do I like the new manager? Am I going to play every week? Do I think I can win trophies? Is the squad strong enough to challenge for trophies? Do I stand a better chance of winning trophies else where? Are the club backing the new manager? How much are the club willing to pay me? And for how many years?

If you think they (and the rest of the squad aren’t bothered by, affected by, or paying very close attention to the transfer window then you’re delusional. Honestly, the happy clappy company man line wears pretty thin. They could sell the entire 1st team and I strongly suspect you would find a way to justify it as “all part of the plan”
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,889 posts | 3004 
      Reply #7639: Aug 22, 2024 09:24:44 pm

Two of them are 33 and 32 so it's pretty obvious that our ambition in the transfer market will play a role given they will be wanting to win things very quickly - Virgil is on record saying he expects/wants us to do business before the window closes.
      hoganov
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,742 posts | 168 
      Reply #7640: Aug 22, 2024 09:26:42 pm
      With all the outgoings especially SVDB I'm convinced we will see 1 maybe 2 signings. I have always liked the way we have done business under FSG, not buying players for the sake of it. Slot wants certain players and if he can't get them then we focus on the training and quality we already have. I have faith things are happening in the background. 🧐🧐
      rossyred

• 9,595 posts | 1728 
      Reply #7641: Aug 22, 2024 09:29:45 pm
      Don’t be a fool. They will look at a number of factors. Do I like the new manager? Am I going to play every week? Do I think I can win trophies? Is the squad strong enough to challenge for trophies? Do I stand a better chance of winning trophies else where? Are the club backing the new manager? How much are the club willing to pay me? And for how many years?

If you think they (and the rest of the squad aren’t bothered by, affected by, or paying very close attention to the transfer window then you’re delusional. Honestly, the happy clappy company man line wears pretty thin. They could sell the entire 1st team and I strongly suspect you would find a way to justify it as “all part of the plan”

He will do anything absolutely anything to defend upstairs . We are on the verge of arguably our 3 best players and  you hear if they sign they sign or if they don't they don't.  Not to mention the.potentiall of no money for them and absolutely no contingency plan for.all 3 players . Only.club in league I reckon without a LF CB
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,566 posts | 3798 
      Reply #7642: Aug 22, 2024 09:30:15 pm

If you think they (and the rest of the squad aren’t bothered by, affected by, or paying very close attention to the transfer window then you’re delusional. Honestly, the happy crappy company man line wears pretty thin. They could sell the entire 1st team and I strongly suspect you would find a way to justify as “all part of the plan”

Yes there will be a number of factors but it won’t be swayed by what player we sign or don’t sign this summer which was your point

They will all be focus on the season ahead and from all the pictures being show enjoying themselves and going for it under a new manager

They aren’t like fans reacting like kids throughout the transfer window and they would only be “affected” by it if they are looking at someone who will challenge their place

They are professional footballers

Mo , TAA or VVD will not make their contract decisions based on the summer transfer window

And all three will be aware of the managers plans for the season
      Scottbot

• 9,836 posts | 2255 
      Reply #7643: Aug 22, 2024 09:30:51 pm
      Two of them are 33 and 32 so it's pretty obvious that our ambition in the transfer market will play a role given they will be wanting to win things very quickly - Virgil is on record saying he expects/wants us to do business before the window closes.

Don’t be stupid, it will have no bearing at all. Either they will sign or they won’t. It’s completely in the lap of the gods, it will work itself out and nothing the club do will affect their decisions.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 32,036 posts | 6624 
      Reply #7644: Aug 22, 2024 09:32:14 pm

Of course it will make a difference. Only a fool would try to postulate otherwise.
      Scottbot

• 9,836 posts | 2255 
      Reply #7645: Aug 22, 2024 09:35:06 pm
      Yes there will be a number of factors but it won’t be swayed by what player we sign or don’t sign this summer which was your point

But the perception of our ability to challenge? Likelihood of winning trophies? Of supporting the new manager are linked directly to the transfer window and any players the club bring in. You can see that surely?

Virgil has previously commented on hoping the club will bring in new players. Why would he even say that if he didn’t think they were needed?

Saying everything is brilliant all the time is just as bad as saying it’s sh*t all the time.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,566 posts | 3798 
      Reply #7646: Aug 22, 2024 09:44:15 pm
      But the perception of our ability to challenge? Likelihood of winning trophies? Of supporting the new manager are linked directly to the transfer window and any players the club bring in. You can see that surely?

Let’s break each point down

1. Yes our ability to challenge

2. Yes chances of winning

3. Supporting the manager ? Is the only way to support a manager to buy players ? Slot appears to be very clear about how he feels with the club.

Virgil has previously commented on hoping the club will bring in new players. Why would he even say that if he didn’t think they were needed?

That’s not his role - it’s not up to him but he also said that he is confident the club will be doing their best

Makes no difference to how Slot , Edwards and Hughes will be working

Saying everything is brilliant all the time is just as bad as saying it’s sh*t all the time.

Don’t recall anyone saying everything is “brilliant” but then nothing beats hyperbole
      -LFC-
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,425 posts | 1288 
      Reply #7647: Aug 22, 2024 09:49:22 pm
      I think if you approach it from the position of doubting whether our best player last season even deserves a new contract, you're more likely to accept the even sillier proposition that transfers (i.e. the degree to which we strengthen and our ability to compete) don't influence whether players sign new contracts. You also wouldn't be surprised would you if the person making those assertions just happens to be absolutely at the service of our American owners when they face criticism.
      Scottbot

• 9,836 posts | 2255 
      Reply #7648: Aug 22, 2024 09:50:26 pm
      Let’s break each point down

1. Yes our ability to challenge

2. Yes chances of winning

3. Supporting the manager ? Is the only way to support a manager to buy players ? Slot appears to be very clear about how he feels with the club.

That’s not his role - it’s not up to him but he also said that he is confident the club will be doing their best

Makes no difference to how Slot , Edwards and Hughes will be working

Don’t recall anyone saying everything is “brilliant” but then nothing beats hyperbole

I’m not sure how you have broken points 1 and 2 down? You certainly haven’t discussed whether buying new players can affect the likelihood of those two points being realised or how transfers might positively influence the three contract decisions.

And I know that you don’t literally say everything is brilliant but you kinda do. You certainly label many others for being negative/saying the world is falling in/being twitterati a lot of the time though.
      Scottbot

• 9,836 posts | 2255 
      Reply #7649: Aug 22, 2024 09:51:34 pm
      I think if you approach it from the position of doubting whether our best player last season even deserves a new contract, you're more likely to accept the even sillier proposition that transfers (i.e. the degree to which we strengthen and our ability to compete) don't influence whether players sign new contracts. You also wouldn't be surprised would you if the person making those assertions just happens to be absolutely at the service of our American owners when they face criticism.

Articulated far better than I could manage.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,566 posts | 3798 
      Reply #7650: Aug 22, 2024 09:55:53 pm
      I’m not sure how you have broken points 1 and 2 down? You certainly haven’t discussed whether buying new players can affect the likelihood of those two points being realised or how transfers might positively influence the three contract decisions.

And I know that you don’t literally say everything is brilliant but you kinda do. You certainly label many others for being negative/saying the world is falling in/being twitterati a lot of the time though.

Buying players isn’t a guarantee for anything as been proven many times

The players are more than capable of judging the situation with the squad and then make their minds ups

But they aren’t going to judge their future at the club based on a summer transfer window

They will base it on

1. How much money they will earn

2. How long a contract they will be offered

3. Their own role within the team

4. If the club even offer them one

5. Their feelings about the club

Scottbot

• 9,836 posts | 2255 
      Reply #7651: Aug 22, 2024 09:59:44 pm
      You just keep your head in the sand bud.
      KeepTheFaith
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,757 posts | 282 
      Reply #7652: Aug 22, 2024 10:03:12 pm
      I am struggling to think of a more deflating and sht window than this for the club

Maybe when alonso went ? Or when Masch went ?

Some seriously worrying times for our future as a top team

Imagine no buys and we let these guys go

Ain’t no way we are buying 4-5 key players next season

Love brown nose saying buying players doesn’t mean success. Well let me tell you not buying means no success either pretty much

Look at the league winners and cl winners for the last 10 years, only once I believe didn’t someone not buy (us I think) and someone won a big trophy like the league or cl . Mind you then we had players that were world class in their prime

I can’t believe how much people’s ambition have dropped for the club, I expect it from brown nose but not the transfer men in charge

Really dislike how hughes has done his job, he’s fu**ed the window up, his only job is buy/sell players and deal with contracts

Useless

__Tickle__
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,238 posts | 548 
      Reply #7653: Aug 22, 2024 11:23:13 pm

Been watching some docs on North Korea recently and it never ceases to amaze me the way the countries tour guides for foreign visitors reel off their propaganda to its tourists and with a straight face laud everything the regime does using tactics ranging from propaganda to outright denial of what despite efforts to hide issues often still stares them in the face.

It obviously becomes overbearing and basically pointless in the end for the tourists because they quickly realise that they are dealing with people who are either totally brainwashed or often just scared of the consequences.

Their smallest achievements are unrealistically celebrated and their biggest failures explained away to the point you start questioning what is true and what is not any more.

But here I speak of not the government of the PRK but of day to day happenings of LFC and its ownerships strategy after engaging with LIP on a Liverpool forum for far too long.
      « Last Edit: Aug 22, 2024 11:29:35 pm by __Tickle__ »
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 32,036 posts | 6624 
      Reply #7654: Aug 23, 2024 12:43:35 am
      You just keep your head in the sand bud.

There’s no use trying “debate” anything with him, you are always wrong, he’s always right and he will spend eternity trying gaslight you. Either that or he will just continue to stick his fingers in his ears shouting “lalalalalalalala” until you give up.

Best to just move on and discuss things with those of us that can be reasonable and aren’t shills for FSG.
      Aminegriffy
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,830 posts | 168 
      Reply #7655: Aug 23, 2024 12:47:06 am
      What is the point of waiting for the right player who is going to turns down anyway ? What made us successful was buying players who were not proven yet and turning them into world class players. I hate this obsessions with trying to buy the best, we don't have the pull of Madrid nor we are a London club.
      Arab Scouse
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,358 posts | 874 
      Reply #7656: Aug 23, 2024 08:40:48 am
      What is the point of waiting for the right player who is going to turns down anyway ? What made us successful was buying players who were not proven yet and turning them into world class players. I hate this obsessions with trying to buy the best, we don't have the pull of Madrid nor we are a London club.

That strategy won us the title & champions league.

We wanted to sign the best and it worked

Nothing wrong with that, it’s better than panic buying and getting the likes of Arthur Melo
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 19,674 posts | 3024 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #7657: Aug 23, 2024 09:07:31 am
      63 million plus 7 million add ons for Branthwaite......

Is he that good?

Would they sell to us?

Is it all bullshit?
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,945 posts | 5194 
      Reply #7658: Aug 23, 2024 09:13:04 am
      63 million plus 7 million add ons for Branthwaite......

Is he that good?

Would they sell to us?

Is it all bullshit?

Young so that cost I think we would be comfortable with as years of football in him with another sell on value down the line.

How good is he? Haven't a clue Bri. ;D

Quick Reply