Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Bmouth [Premier League] Sat 21st Sep @ 3:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 19th of September and on this date LFC's match record is P31 W14 D7 L10

Fabio Carvalho (Liverpool -> Brentford)

Read 28714 times
      -LFC-
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,425 posts | 1288 
      Re: Fabio Carvalho Player Thread (F)
      Reply #207: Jul 28, 2024 07:54:18 pm
      I'd move him on. He's been successful at Fulham and Hull, but has done nothing at Liverpool and Leipzig. Maybe one of the newly promoted teams might be a good fit?
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 32,029 posts | 6620 
      Reply #208: Jul 28, 2024 09:13:00 pm
      Not sure how he’s ever gonna get a chance to prove himself when he’s pretty deep in the depth list. Kind of in a catch 22.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,674 posts | 3024 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #209: Jul 28, 2024 11:08:00 pm
      What are people judging him on? Has hardly played, has 2 or 3 goals in 10-15 apps?
      The-AllMightyReds
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 2,222 posts | 484 
      • In Klopp I trust
      Reply #210: Jul 28, 2024 11:16:59 pm
      What are people judging him on? Has hardly played, has 2 or 3 goals in 10-15 apps?

3 goals in 21.

It's been a while since he last played a competitive game for us but it usually doesn't even take 20 games for an opinion to be formed on a player. Remember Kabak? Remember Grujic? Remember Aspas?

Then fans dig deeper into the reasons why he was loaned out in the first place, why his loan at Leipzig didn't work out then they start to paint a clearer picture like questioning whether his attitude his poor and so on.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 34,082 posts | 4122 
      • Does anyone ever listen to him?
      Reply #211: Jul 28, 2024 11:51:18 pm

Every time he’s involved in the first team squad he laments not being played as the 10.

If that’s his best spot he needs to go back out on loan because he won’t play.
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 38,300 posts | 7312 
      Reply #212: Jul 29, 2024 12:23:18 pm
      Needs to look at Harvey keep your head down work hard and make every minute on the pitch count.
      The-AllMightyReds
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 2,222 posts | 484 
      • In Klopp I trust
      Reply #213: Jul 29, 2024 12:35:59 pm
      Needs to look at Harvey keep your head down work hard and make every minute on the pitch count.

This is probably about as good an advice he could receive right about now.

Let the talking be shown on the pitch.
      verde-rubro
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 2,049 posts | 233 
      Reply #214: Aug 01, 2024 01:35:20 pm
      Missed both games, how has he been in both, played the full 90 in both I think?

Has the boss put him in the shop window to get rid or is he keen on him
      The-AllMightyReds
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 2,222 posts | 484 
      • In Klopp I trust
      Reply #215: Aug 01, 2024 01:42:11 pm

Only Kelleher has played the full 90 in either game, Fabio got 60 against Betis and 70 last night.

Showed few nice touches on the left against Betis but couldn’t really affect the game. Better against Arsenal, again some nice touches when he was moved more infield, brought a few fouls in good areas, and showed lovely technique with his goal. Definitely looks better as a 10/false 9 position than wide, hard to see him breaking through our forward line….the aggression and physicality isn’t yet where it needs to be.

HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 41,084 posts | 8980 
      Reply #216: Aug 01, 2024 03:17:36 pm
      Only Kelleher has played the full 90 in either game, Fabio got 60 against Betis and 70 last night.

Showed few nice touches on the left against Betis but couldn’t really affect the game. Better against Arsenal, again some nice touches when he was moved more infield, brought a few fouls in good areas, and showed lovely technique with his goal. Definitely looks better as a 10/false 9 position than wide, hard to see him breaking through our forward line….the aggression and physicality isn’t yet where it needs to be.

Kelleher didn't play the full 90 against Betis, was replaced by Jaros.
      The-AllMightyReds
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 2,222 posts | 484 
      • In Klopp I trust
      Reply #217: Aug 01, 2024 03:26:21 pm
      Kelleher didn't play the full 90 against Betis, was replaced by Jaros.

Yes I know that hence "either" (of the 2) and not "both"  :laugh:
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 41,084 posts | 8980 
      Reply #218: Aug 01, 2024 03:29:41 pm

"Only Kelleher has played the full 90 in either game" was the full quote!!

What does that actually mean. Did he or did he not play the full 90 in the first game?
      The-AllMightyReds
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 2,222 posts | 484 
      • In Klopp I trust
      Reply #219: Aug 01, 2024 03:31:41 pm
      "Only Kelleher has played the full 90 in either game" was the full quote!!

What does that actually mean. Did he or did he not play the full 90 in the first game?

Hahaha it means "in either of the 2 games", leave me alone and stop trying to troll me  :lmao: :lmao:

Only Kelleher has played the full 90 in any game so far this pre-season, is that better for you!!!  ;D
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 32,029 posts | 6620 
      Reply #220: Aug 01, 2024 03:56:10 pm

He looks ok, but I can't say he's stood out necessarily...which means it will be tough for him to get time in our midfield I would think. Took his goal well and he is lively. Just not sure he would get in ahead of Dom, Harvey Mac or even Curtis.
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,848 posts | 1889 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #221: Aug 01, 2024 04:51:30 pm
      Yes. Twas a nice finish from him. Well played lad.

Still don't think he's anywhere near starting in league games. Too many ahead of him, as a 10 or a left winger.
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,138 posts | 5153 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #222: Aug 02, 2024 04:00:35 pm
      He’s gonna have to work Mighty hard to get anywhere near starting, he’s a decent squad player playing in a position where he could come in handy, injuries, tired limbs, freshen things up etc, Arne’s press I think will be more controlled/ purposeful, with Jürgen’s press it was more perhaps gung ho and we couldn’t sustain it, with Arne’s system it will be incessant I believe so we’ll need legs to keep it as  effective as possible for longer periods,

At the moment it looks like he’s pressing more in the first 45 and then it alters slightly because he doesn’t yet have those legs to sustain the press he wants to employ, it will, obviously improve as the lads become fitter and when more of the bigger guns join in, ie; Trent Virgil, Macca, Robbo,

On the other side we’ll hopefully have Ben Doak to play a significant role for the same reasons, it’ll be interesting where Arne wants to play Trent, we all know that Bradley can more than fill the void, but does Arne see Trent as a AM as added competition to Szlobo or will he revert to type and play Trent as a attacking wing back??

Anyhoo, I’m wandering again, I don’t think sending Carvalho out on loan again will be beneficial, so I say keep him within the squad and make him feel part of the furniture.

YNWA

jimbo1962
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 914 posts | 106 
      Reply #223: Aug 03, 2024 07:13:44 pm
      Can't help thinking he's a really good player who was gyped by kloppos system..I really hope he shines under Slotto
      The-AllMightyReds
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 2,222 posts | 484 
      • In Klopp I trust
      Reply #224: Aug 03, 2024 09:01:47 pm
      Can't help thinking he's a really good player who was gyped by kloppos system..I really hope he shines under Slotto

I think so too. He's got an elegance about him which even Jota/Diaz/Gakpo/Harvey don't have. His touch, turn and he can finish pretty well too. He gets fouled a lot and I like the way he buys some of them.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,561 posts | 3797 
      Reply #225: Aug 03, 2024 09:39:06 pm
      Nah - nowhere near good enough , not got enough pace to play through the wide areas , not good enough to be a ten and certainly not as a 9

Sell on for a little bit of a profit
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 34,082 posts | 4122 
      Reply #226: Aug 03, 2024 11:10:01 pm
      Nah - nowhere near good enough , not got enough pace to play through the wide areas , not good enough to be a ten and certainly not as a 9

Sell on for a little bit of a profit

I wouldn't say he's not good enough.
      He hasn't the pace to play in a wide attacking role and we're already stacked for options in the 10 role.
      It's just that simple.
      The-AllMightyReds
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 2,222 posts | 484 
      • In Klopp I trust
      Reply #227: Aug 04, 2024 01:45:22 am
      I’ve noticed he’s definitely upped his work rate to when I last saw him. Good to see.

If we sell has to be more 20m+
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 34,082 posts | 4122 
      Reply #228: Aug 04, 2024 01:47:21 am
      I wouldn't say he's not good enough.
      He hasn't the pace to play in a wide attacking role and we're already stacked for options in the 10 role.
      It's just that simple.

He's certainly making it a tough decision for Slot.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 34,082 posts | 4122 
      Reply #229: Aug 04, 2024 01:48:35 am
      United making changes at half time.
      Looks like CBs off.

Quick Reply