Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Bmouth [Premier League] Sat 21st Sep @ 3:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 21st of September and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W16 D3 L7

Stefan Bajcetic Player Thread (M)

Read 17749 times
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,567 posts | 3799 
      Re: Stefan Bajcetic Player Thread (M)
      Reply #138: Aug 22, 2024 06:58:24 pm
      We can’t keep throwing our kids out on loan, they have to learn sometimes the hard way, look at Trent, he was given the opportunity by Jürgen and hasn’t looked back, it’s all about having trust in your players and it’s clear Jürgen trusted Trent,
      Trent made mistakes and plenty of them but that’s how you learn, and if given enough time and encouragement his confidence will build and build and eventually be trusted enough to become a regular feature, loaning him out could mean having to find another who may or may not fill a void that Bacjetic can fill anyway??

Can’t see the point tbh !!

Think the difference with Bacjetic is fitness and growing pain issues and he needs to get regular first team football to help him progress

Bacjetic has the ability to be our starting 6 imo and if he was fit and ready to go would be starting over Gravenburch imo

It’s why I think a loan until Jan might be good for him
      Kurt Cocaine
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,128 posts | 203 
      Reply #139: Aug 23, 2024 06:18:03 am
      Joyce reporting that Bacjetic has rejected the clubs proposal to loan him out and wants to stay...... Good!
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,674 posts | 3024 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #140: Aug 23, 2024 09:09:23 am
      Good
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,945 posts | 5194 
      Reply #141: Aug 23, 2024 09:15:16 am

Difficult to say definitively though Bri. If he gets games her to develop then I'm all for it but if he sits ok the bench or worse then no better off.

Judging his minutes for us so far he's talented enough to play in our midfield especially in a double pivot but the issue is we've a lot of more experienced players ahead of him that a new Head Coach may want to rely on more often than not
      The-AllMightyReds
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 2,230 posts | 488 
      • In Klopp I trust
      Reply #142: Aug 23, 2024 09:19:23 am
      My question is if the club wanted him to go on loan and he's rejected the idea, what is the plan for him under Arne if he wasn't planning on using him this season?
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,945 posts | 5194 
      Reply #143: Aug 23, 2024 09:22:23 am
      My question is if the club wanted him to go on loan and he's rejected the idea, what is the plan for him under Arne if he wasn't planning on using him this season?

Exactly.

Could be that's he is confident enough to force himself into the side. More often than not the very best youngsters don't spend too much time on loan and force themselves into the side very early on
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,567 posts | 3799 
      Reply #144: Aug 23, 2024 09:52:02 am
      Difficult to say definitively though Bri. If he gets games her to develop then I'm all for it but if he sits ok the bench or worse then no better off.

Judging his minutes for us so far he's talented enough to play in our midfield especially in a double pivot but the issue is we've a lot of more experienced players ahead of him that a new Head Coach may want to rely on more often than not

Guess it will depend on any conversations with the manager

Ability wise he is a star but fitness issues means he needs minutes under him

Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,674 posts | 3024 
      Reply #145: Aug 23, 2024 10:01:18 am

Ive no doubts that bar any injury he will force his way in to Arnes plans before 2024 is out. Hes potentially brilliant. Weve a busy schedule. Better to have him here fighting for a place in my opinion
      sore monad
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,166 posts | 584 
      Reply #148: Aug 23, 2024 01:50:37 pm
      I'm happy for us to be the anti-Chelsea but this is getting a bit out of hand!
      The-AllMightyReds
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 2,230 posts | 488 
      • In Klopp I trust
      Reply #149: Aug 23, 2024 02:25:30 pm
      What the F**k? We need him for squad depth and his raw talent :(

Game time may be hard to come by for him and listening to Arne's presser this morning with relation to Fabio, Sepp and Bobby, it seems getting these kids out, whether on loan or permanently, to get the games they want and need is at the forefront of his mind.

In pre-season he tried Jones in the 6, then Szobo, then Endo, then Grav. Bajcetic played there in cameos but to me looked very off the pace and looked like a player lacking rhythm.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,567 posts | 3799 
      Reply #150: Aug 23, 2024 03:05:28 pm
      I'm happy for us to be the anti-Chelsea but this is getting a bit out of hand!

6 month loan for him to get his fitness up
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • 2009 LFC quiz champion (now to be known as "Kate")
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,523 posts | 3513 
      Reply #151: Aug 23, 2024 05:07:50 pm
      We can’t keep throwing our kids out on loan, they have to learn sometimes the hard way, look at Trent, he was given the opportunity by Jürgen and hasn’t looked back, it’s all about having trust in your players and it’s clear Jürgen trusted Trent,
      Trent made mistakes and plenty of them but that’s how you learn, and if given enough time and encouragement his confidence will build and build and eventually be trusted enough to become a regular feature, loaning him out could mean having to find another who may or may not fill a void that Bacjetic can fill anyway??

Can’t see the point tbh !!

Big difference though mate is Trent was vying for a spot against Nathaniel Clyne, who'd suffered a couple of injuries that really took their toll on him and he never returned to the levels he had previously got to and Joe Gomez who was still trying to find his own place in the team after injuries and being played in a few positions. A couple of years earlier, when Clyne was playing as well as he had in his Liverpool career and it would have been a lot harder for Trent to break in.

And that's the issue with Bajcetic now. He's competing for a place in a very congested part of the squad in the middle of the park. Whether people wanna talk about us not having a "number 6", we have got five or six central midfielders ahead of him in the pecking order. So he may be limited really to the League Cup games and the odd substitute appearance.

At his age he needs regular game time to develop into the player most think he can become, so a loan move is probably best for him right now unless Slot is prepared to throw him in and say "you're my first choice central midfielder this season and we're building the team around you."
      skolRED
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,203 posts | 267 
      Reply #152: Aug 24, 2024 09:09:03 am
      Someone need to send Arne and our DoF some video clips of Bajcetic when he have a run of games before injury. This young boy is quality thats for sure.

He may need gametime to get back to hat level after long absent but if our club believe they can recover a patient like Arthur Melo back to play football how the hell they think Stefan need to loan out to get recover.

Jones always has problem with injury, Szobo is not the answer there imo. Endo seemed not rate highly by Arne and no way he turn out to be Kante this season so there we have Macca and Grav so for me it's not hurt anyone to keep Stefan, unless Arne and staffs  do not rate him.
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,853 posts | 1891 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #153: Aug 24, 2024 09:12:39 am
      Nothing to do with not rating him, it's the opposite in fact.

Send him out to a team that will play him every week garunteed for 6 months. Come back match fitness ready to challenge for a start with us.

I'd send him to Celtic to help replace orielly. He would cruise league games up here and get a shot in champions league.
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,853 posts | 1891 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #154: Aug 24, 2024 09:16:01 am
      Game time may be hard to come by for him and listening to Arne's presser this morning with relation to Fabio, Sepp and Bobby, it seems getting these kids out, whether on loan or permanently, to get the games they want and need is at the forefront of his mind.

In pre-season he tried Jones in the 6, then Szobo, then Endo, then Grav. Bajcetic played there in cameos but to me looked very off the pace and looked like a player lacking rhythm.

It's also the players pushing for more games, a lot are at an age they should be playing every week. We can't promise that to all of them.

So the lads are happy to go on loan or move properly, ala Clark.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,567 posts | 3799 
      Reply #155: Aug 25, 2024 10:36:43 am
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,674 posts | 3024 
      Reply #156: Aug 25, 2024 11:15:06 am
      I get the theory behond it but I just think hes too good to let go on loan, he could force his way into our 11

Plus it leaves us thin
      -LFC-
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,425 posts | 1288 
      Reply #157: Aug 25, 2024 11:38:39 am
      The only reason a loan could make sense is fitness issues, not too much competition. When fit he would get plenty of game time. He was out for a very long time so maybe a consistent run at a lower level wouldn't be a bad thing to help build him back up. At this late stage though, having missed out on Zubimendi, it wouldn't be my first priority.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,567 posts | 3799 
      Reply #158: Aug 27, 2024 12:18:34 pm
      https://x.com/fabrizioromano/status/1828381313428078629?s=46&t=_4uI6CiVRqge8WqM7F37Iw

Would be a good move for him

Hopefully it’s either for 6 month or a recall clause
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 34,086 posts | 4128 
      • Does anyone ever listen to him?
      Reply #159: Aug 27, 2024 12:25:36 pm
      Kurt Cocaine
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,128 posts | 203 
      Reply #160: Aug 28, 2024 09:48:47 am
      @FabrizioRomano

: RB Salzburg are set to complete final details of loan deal for Stefan Bajcetic from Liverpool today....

Quick Reply