Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Chelsea [Premier League] Sun 20th Oct @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 18th of October and on this date LFC's match record is P21 W8 D6 L7

Managerial Shortlist

Read 85155 times
      Breeding-Reds-In-The-434
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,459 posts | 1173 
      Re: Managerial Shortlist
      Reply #805: Mar 29, 2024 09:32:43 pm
      I'm honestly torn on Amorin and Emery. But I also wonder if Pep isn't a more viable option now that Alonso is out of the race. De Zerbi is prolly in the mix too

With all that said, I see something being announced that we didn't see coming. That's the way Edwards rolls.
      « Last Edit: Mar 29, 2024 11:38:44 pm by Breeding-Reds-In-The-434 »
      Longy-Shops
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,875 posts | 946 
      Reply #806: Mar 29, 2024 10:04:17 pm
      Emery had proven his credentials at Sevilla ... he did great things there and won european trophies too. Gerrard has done nonthing. Won a pub league, got sacked with a great group of players, and now hes raking it in managing in another pub league.

If he wasnt a former player nobody would even mention him.
      I can't be bothered to trawl through your old posts but I'd be very surprised if (at the time) you commented on his league win in Scotland as a "Pub league"...Would that be the same "Pub league" Managerial Guru Ange Postecoglou recently dominated?
      I can't/won't defend SG's Saudi jaunt...other than very few people could turn down that amount of Ā£Ā£Ā£Ā£.
      For what it's worth (nothing)..I'm not against Emery, I brought him into the conversation due to him having been given a second chance in the Premier league.
      lfc across the water
      • Needs a Klopp hug...Rafa's Number 1 fan...VAR has no faults Promoter
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,954 posts | 708 
      Reply #807: Mar 29, 2024 11:41:08 pm
      Quote from 0112358
      I still like Benitez to come back because I think he could win us major trophies with our squad.

So shall it be written, so shall it be done.

You can be an April Fool on Monday.

Quote from HUYTON RED
      Because as has been shown this season, Xabi's got a little bit more up top than Stevie has. Same  as when they were players. Gerrard went with heart over brain. Like Rafa said that time during the derby when he brought him off for Lucas.

Why am I promoting the credentials of a Huyton Red to take the job, and you're not? The man wants the job, nobody else does, so stop all the distractions and speculation, give it to him, and let him get a head start on planning for next season.

Quote from RedBelle
      Errrrrr players looking to flee???? Like who?
      And don't come back with the quote that Virg made in answer to a pathetic question about Klopp leaving and his reply was twisted by the gobshi!te media to imply he was going to jump ship at the first opportunity which simply wasn't what he said at all.
      There are contracts to be negotiated at the end of the season just like there are in every other season. Doesn't mean they're all packing their spotted hankies and heading for the f***ing hills!!
      And for the record, I loved StevieG but there's no way I want him as our manager right now!

I'm sure you're long enough watching the game to realise that when a manager leaves, players follow him swiftly out the door. This squad is going to break up after JĆ¼rgen leaves. To expect no effect at all, is not realistic.

Steve knows everyone at this club, he's on first name terms with some, he helped bring some of them through the ranks to where they are now, and they will all respect him instantly. We need someone like that, to try and limit the amount of departures to a minimum.
      Breeding-Reds-In-The-434
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,459 posts | 1173 
      Reply #808: Mar 30, 2024 01:10:17 am
      Love Gerrard, but no. I wouldn't say he's dumb, but he certainly doesn't seen all that smart. Stunk it up toward the end of his run with Rangers, stunk it up at the end of his run with Villa, and is stinking it up atm with his SA team. Like Lampard and Rooney, seems to lack the tactical aspect as a manager. Just because your a great player doesn't mean that your going to be a great manager.
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,131 posts | 83 
      Reply #809: Mar 30, 2024 02:05:54 am
      Why are u so anti Rafa? There is simply no good argument against him. And heā€˜d be available. And heā€˜s proven. And he knows us. Give him the job a d if he sucks get Alonso next year.
      gazred
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 944 posts | 355 
      Reply #810: Mar 30, 2024 02:22:05 am
      Why are u so anti Rafa? There is simply no good argument against him. And heā€˜d be available. And heā€˜s proven. And he knows us. Give him the job a d if he sucks get Alonso next year.

His style of play is out of date and his man management is probably also no longer appropriate for modern football.

I love what he did for the club, he left too early but we can't go back.
      rossyred
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,638 posts | 1734 
      Reply #811: Mar 30, 2024 02:23:05 am
      Not sure 4 years in is the start of a project. He's won the league, a couple of cups, and may yet win the league again this season. Seems like the right time for a step up in level if you ask me. Can't really see we'd have any competition in the prem, maybe Bayern though.

Really . Do you not think the Mancs aren't looking ? Newcastle and Chelsea
      __Tickle__
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,343 posts | 580 
      Reply #812: Mar 30, 2024 05:52:01 am
      That manager up at Celtic looks like a great character
      andylfcynwa
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,368 posts | 1638 
      Reply #813: Mar 30, 2024 09:58:30 am

That time has come and gone thereā€™s no going back , for the very same reasons Maureen canā€™t cut it in the top flight anymore outdated and hasnā€™t grown with the times
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,854 posts | 1896 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #814: Mar 30, 2024 11:04:06 am
      That time has come and gone thereā€™s no going back , for the very same reasons Maureen canā€™t cut it in the top flight anymore outdated and hasnā€™t grown with the times

Yup.
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,854 posts | 1896 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #815: Mar 30, 2024 11:06:25 am
      Love Gerrard, but no. I wouldn't say he's dumb, but he certainly doesn't seen all that smart. Stunk it up toward the end of his run with Rangers, stunk it up at the end of his run with Villa, and is stinking it up atm with his SA team. Like Lampard and Rooney, seems to lack the tactical aspect as a manager. Just because your a great player doesn't mean that your going to be a great manager.

I'm not convinced he will ever be a top flight manager.

Maybe he just needs more time and more experience.

Defo not ready to be LFC manager. Maybe assistant coach , but can't see his ego wanting that or accepting that.
      ToshackKeeganOneNil
      • Forum Alan Hansen

• 629 posts | 126 
      Reply #816: Mar 30, 2024 11:24:52 am
      That manager up at Celtic looks like a massive chancer

Ftfy.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 41,243 posts | 9027 
      Reply #817: Mar 30, 2024 11:56:13 am
      In most cases this is always a bad choice. Look at United with Ole. 🤦ā€ā™‚ļø To be fair though I thought Alonso deserved a chance despite lack of experience for a top club.

Probably gonna win more trophies than Ole. But then Xabi's always been a class act.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 41,243 posts | 9027 
      Reply #818: Mar 30, 2024 11:59:05 am

Have you not seen his season he's had with Celta Vigo, love Rafa after the nad season lading to Istanbul, but no his time has passed.

F***ing hell if you want Spanish - why not choose a young Fernando Torres. Get him now the same way Bayer got Alonso from Sociedad.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 41,243 posts | 9027 
      Reply #819: Mar 30, 2024 12:04:24 pm
      You can be an April Fool on Monday.

Why am I promoting the credentials of a Huyton Red to take the job, and you're not? The man wants the job, nobody else does, so stop all the distractions and speculation, give it to him, and let him get a head start on planning for next season.

Cis you're a horrible snide c**t And you're still chatting utter sh*te, get back to sucking off Howard Webb you F***ing traitor.

Basically you're the Liverpool supporting version of what those down the rabbithole MAGA shithouses that support Donald Trump are - braindead and just spew any old sh*t they read on the Internet, pass it off as truth and have no F***ing grasp on reality
      « Last Edit: Mar 30, 2024 12:16:23 pm by HUYTON RED »
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 41,243 posts | 9027 
      Reply #820: Mar 30, 2024 12:07:01 pm
      If it ain't Amorim I'd chuck big money at Postecoglou. Might not work out but it'll be fun as F**k whilst he's here.

God no, summed up how much he F***ing knew when he kept trying to play attack with nine men against Chelsea, not even JĆ¼rgen would carry on attacking with nine men!

lfc across the water
      • Needs a Klopp hug...Rafa's Number 1 fan...VAR has no faults Promoter
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,954 posts | 708 
      Reply #821: Mar 30, 2024 01:59:53 pm
      Quote from HUYTON RED
      You're still chatting, get back to Howard Webb.

Basically you're...

As usual, none of that rant makes any sense. Just quoting the English language section of it was enough.

So back to the original question again. Why are you not wanting one of your own to get the job? Even for you, that should not be difficult.

Quote from Don77
      Emery had proven his credentials at Sevilla ... he did great things there and won european trophies too. Gerrard has done nothing. Won a pub league, got sacked with a great group of players, and now hes raking it in managing in another pub league.

If he wasnt a former player nobody would even mention him.

But he is. He's also the only one who wants it. All the rest are either with someone else, don't want to follow JĆ¼rgen, or just not good enough.

Quote from 0112358

20 Years. 9 Clubs. 0 League Titles. He's available because he's just got sacked for his latest bout of complete incompetence at the mighty Celta Vigo.

I've got tonnes more material if necessary, but that's enough arguments for now.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 41,243 posts | 9027 
      Reply #822: Mar 30, 2024 02:09:09 pm
      As usual, none of that rant makes any sense. Just quoting the English language section of it was enough.

So back to the original question again. Why are you not wanting one of your own to get the job? Even for you, that should not be difficult.

Cos I support the team, unlike you!!

Keep bowling softlad and I'll keep smashing them away for six.

You really, really wish you were scouse with my superior wit don't you lad  xxxxx:action-smiley-065:

HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 41,243 posts | 9027 
      Reply #823: Mar 30, 2024 02:11:05 pm
      I've got tonnes more material if necessary, but that's enough arguments for now.

Actual factual stats or more of your made up on the spot bullshit.

Why do you hate Rafa the way most of us can't stand Roy Hodgson you F***ing wrong un?
      Arab Scouse
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,409 posts | 893 
      Reply #824: Mar 30, 2024 03:07:44 pm
      I'm honestly torn on Amorin and Emery. But I also wonder if Pep isn't a more viable option now that Alonso is out of the race. De Zerbi is prolly in the mix too

With all that said, I see something being announced that we didn't see coming. That's the way Edwards rolls.

Emery found his level. not good enough for Arsenal and definitely won't be good enough for Liverpool.

De Zerbi is another Brendan Rodgers.

I would have liked Alonso, but after confirming he is staying at Leverkusen then he is out of the picture and I think he will manage Real Madrid once Ancelotti leaves.  Amorim looks like a perfect 2nd choice. Nagelsmann is good but his attitude is questionable and I don't think he would develop a relationship with the fans the way Klopp did.

I would also consider Zidane as 3rd choice.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,872 posts | 3841 
      Reply #825: Mar 30, 2024 03:09:33 pm

But he is. He's also the only one who wants it. All the rest are either with someone else, don't want to follow JĆ¼rgen, or just not good enough.

20 Years. 9 Clubs. 0 League Titles. He's available because he's just got sacked for his latest bout of complete incompetence at the mighty Celta Vigo.

Gerrard isnā€™t good enough regardless of him wanting it or not
      Arab Scouse
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,409 posts | 893 
      Reply #826: Mar 30, 2024 03:12:05 pm
      Gerrard should never ever be considered

Great player but horrible manager
      Harrisimo
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,856 posts | 1507 
      Reply #827: Mar 30, 2024 03:31:27 pm
       I wouldn't slag off or disrespect Gerrard. Would need to come back to the Prem at least and put in 2/3 years or more, in effect load up his CV. But at the minute he's not in the frame.

Quick Reply