Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Bmouth [Premier League] Sat 21st Sep @ 3:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 19th of September and on this date LFC's match record is P31 W14 D7 L10

Arne Slot - LFC Manager (Head Coach)

Read 28792 times
      Borg and 3 Guests are viewing this topic.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,674 posts | 3024 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Re: Arne Slot - LFC Manager (Head Coach)
      Reply #552: Sep 01, 2024 10:32:51 pm
      0 goals against the best thing for me so far
      The-AllMightyReds
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 2,217 posts | 483 
      • In Klopp I trust
      Reply #553: Sep 01, 2024 11:35:45 pm
      When you see his body of work with AZ and Feyenoord, the squad he helped build at both and the style of football he imposed....then it's no real surprise he's quickly managed to replicate that at Liverpool - where he's come from really plays no factor. He's inherited a very good squad which enabled him to crack down to work almost immediately and he took pre-season very seriously to evaluate the shape of the squad.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 34,080 posts | 4121 
      • Does anyone ever listen to him?
      Reply #554: Sep 01, 2024 11:43:45 pm
      Interesting to listen to him talk about how he set the team up to trigger a press on Casemiro because he knew the full backs would be high up the pitch.

Damning that ETH changed the player targeted but not the tactics and so conceded again.
      harrydunn08
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,984 posts | 993 
      Reply #555: Sep 02, 2024 12:12:24 am
      It's early days, but he's made a perfect start to life in the hot seat.  3 games, 3 wins, 3 clean sheets, joint top of the league.  We even won all thr preseason matches. 

Perhaps more importantly, we've established a new formation and some nice new patterns of play -- both in attack, on defense, and during transitions.  The team seems to have better balance now than in some of our recent seasons. 

Obviously, there still many challenges and obstacles ahead, but much better to be in this position going into the internationals than ETH.....    :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,050 posts | 6951 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #556: Sep 02, 2024 01:41:11 am
      YANK_LFC_FAN
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,523 posts | 431 
      • Timid men prefer the calm of despotism!
      Reply #557: Sep 02, 2024 05:53:16 am
      I'm sure I'm not the only one who was nervous about this hiring. I really wanted Alonso and thought he was perfect. Then they hired the Feyenoord manager. And I remember saying..."Who". But, then I saw videos on YouTube about his tactics and the fact that every team he went to, he made them better.
      I knew taking over for Klopp was going to be an impossible task. But, I'll admit
       I'm shocked. It's early still. But, thus team is playing as one solid unit and doing it like they've done it for years. It's quite amazing.
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,848 posts | 1889 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #558: Sep 02, 2024 07:22:32 am
      So far so good. Very calm clever guy. I like
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • 2009 LFC quiz champion (now to be known as "Kate")
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,515 posts | 3506 
      Reply #559: Sep 02, 2024 03:38:03 pm
      Watching the Gary Neville podcast from yesterday’s game and he keeps harping on about Slot being our third or fourth choice as manager to replace Klopp.

I know the media (and fans) that Xabi was the out and out favourite but I don’t remember the club actually being interested. Beyond that, I can’t think of anyone turning us down. I could be wrong of course but from memory we identified Slot and got him.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 34,080 posts | 4121 
      Reply #560: Sep 02, 2024 03:46:08 pm
      Watching the Gary Neville podcast from yesterday’s game and he keeps harping on about Slot being our third or fourth choice as manager to replace Klopp.

I know the media (and fans) that Xabi was the out and out favourite but I don’t remember the club actually being interested. Beyond that, I can’t think of anyone turning us down. I could be wrong of course but from memory we identified Slot and got him.

The “reports” were that Alonso turned the club down.

Would imagine what actually happened is that Alonso is not leaving his project until the Madrid job is available.

Then there was Ruben Amorim,
      But he seemed to have his eye on West Ham too at the time.

Liverpool got Slot.
      He wanted to be at the club and he looks like he suits the club.
      Win. Win.
      Harrisimo

• 8,659 posts | 1478 
      Reply #561: Sep 02, 2024 03:57:28 pm
      Doesn't matter if Slot was our first choice or tenth. This is just Snivelle looking for something negative to say. He should be more concerned about Ten Bob carping on about 'arry potter...FFS. He kept the job on the back of the FA cup win but he's letting the players swan about like last season.
      Good, bad or indifferent, that's United and no top manager accepts that, but Ten Bob does....  'HP'....WTF.....

And we had a fairly indifferent first half V Ipswich first game...Slot said..."Get yer f'kin finger out...or else.."
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • 2009 LFC quiz champion (now to be known as "Kate")
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,515 posts | 3506 
      Reply #562: Sep 02, 2024 03:58:41 pm

Would imagine what actually happened is that Alonso is not leaving his project until the Madrid job is available.

Liverpool got Slot.
      Win. Win.

Ah yeah I forgot about that Portuguese fella. It did seem nailed on for him at one point.

I’ve said it before but I don’t think Xabi was ever considered by the club, it was the media and fans who were putting two and two together there.
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 38,292 posts | 7312 
      Reply #563: Sep 02, 2024 04:05:01 pm

Nothing wrong with your memory that's exactly how it was. If he was 3rd choice ratboy should be happy we didn't get our 1st
      When you stand Arne and Ten Hag side by side you can visibly see the difference
      Ten Hag has been found out Arne is just flourishing and showing his knowledge experience and quality
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 34,080 posts | 4121 
      Reply #564: Sep 02, 2024 04:05:48 pm
      Ah yeah I forgot about that Portuguese fella. It did seem nailed on for him at one point.

I’ve said it before but I don’t think Xabi was ever considered by the club, it was the media and fans who were putting two and two together there.

I’d say that was fans on socials wanting him at the club in his unbeaten league season, knowing that Klopp was leaving.
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,638 posts | 1027 
      • F**k the Sun F**k Murdoch F**k the press and F**k
      Reply #565: Sep 02, 2024 04:15:58 pm
      So far 10/10 can’t fault him, 3 out of 3 wins no goals conceded, made changes when needed, keep it up pity the club haven’t backed you up. Pity about the international break
      __Tickle__
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,237 posts | 547 
      Reply #566: Sep 02, 2024 04:23:23 pm

Liverpool got Slot.
      Win. Win.

My take on it was Slot was preferred over Amorim. I reckon Amorim went to a West Ham interview to force our hand. Ended up grovelling back to Lisbon.

Doing a mighty fine job so far is Arne!!
      noggin
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,887 posts | 173 
      Reply #567: Sep 02, 2024 04:24:16 pm
      Tactically astute, worked out the mancs non tactics in millisecond.
      David Wright
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,418 posts | 794 
      Reply #568: Sep 02, 2024 04:36:23 pm
      Without fuss, three wins on the trot with three clean sheets, keep up the good work.
      -LFC-
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,423 posts | 1288 
      Reply #569: Sep 02, 2024 04:39:06 pm
      Nothing wrong with your memory that's exactly how it was. If he was 3rd choice ratboy should be happy we didn't get our 1st
      When you stand Arne and Ten Hag side by side you can visibly see the difference
      Ten Hag has been found out Arne is just flourishing and showing his knowledge experience and quality

Ten Hag looks uncomfortable in his own skin, like he's been stuck somewhere he doesn't belong and is trying to make the best of it. Even Harry Potter couldn't change that. Arne looks like he's been in the job 5 years and is just fine tuning.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,554 posts | 3797 
      Reply #570: Sep 02, 2024 04:50:47 pm
      No idea who the clubs first choice was

Lots of media speculation about Xabi and then the Porto manager was mentioned

But I’m led to believe they only met with one person and interviewed one person. -Arne Slot

All that matters is they got who they wanted and at the moment he has made a great start

He has massively impressed me -
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,886 posts | 3003 
      Reply #571: Sep 02, 2024 05:25:43 pm

He said the same during the broadcast on Sky and Carra didn’t call him out on it.

Unless Neville knows something no one else does, it’s simply not true. Slot was the first choice.
      Don77

• 6,759 posts | 1190 
      Reply #572: Sep 02, 2024 05:37:45 pm
      He said the same during the broadcast on Sky and Carra didn’t call him out on it.

Unless Neville knows something no one else does, it’s simply not true. Slot was the first choice.

I think if Xabi wanted to come they would have persued it and brought him in.

He didnt. And Slot was the one they approached and got. And so far ..... it looks a very good choice. I like him and what he is trying to do.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,938 posts | 5192 
      Reply #573: Sep 02, 2024 05:41:20 pm

Wouldn't worry too much what that manc gobs***e thinks anyway Billy mate.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,554 posts | 3797 
      Reply #574: Sep 02, 2024 05:48:38 pm
      Neville was saying something about no available manager and Carra said - well slot was available

Just watched it again

Carra said the Man Utd owners bottled it by not sacking ETH and bringing someone new in

Neville said that meant they would have have to go for 5th 6th choice like we did with Slot
      « Last Edit: Sep 02, 2024 06:34:39 pm by Lallana in Pyjamas »

Quick Reply