Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Bmouth [Premier League] Sat 21st Sep @ 3:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 19th of September and on this date LFC's match record is P31 W14 D7 L10

Pre-match: Manchester United v Liverpool; EPL, Sun 1st Sep, K.O. 16:00 BST

Read 3660 times
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 17,992 posts | 2855 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Re: Pre-match: Manchester United v Liverpool; EPL, Sun 1st Sep, K.O. 16:00 BST
      Reply #92: Aug 31, 2024 07:54:01 pm

Spouting sh*te again Slimfast, I reckon we’ll tear you’re lot a new one, we’ll just pass thru and around you,
      You’re basing it on how Jürgen would approach this match, but we play a different game now to Jürgen’s system,

We will still press of course but it’s more methodical, more controlled with the emphasis of building a attack that could happen at any moment, and then I don’t think you’re lot have the ability to stop us !!!

1-3 Mighty Redmen

YNWA

I’ll quote this for when we wup your arse. 😂
      king kenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,253 posts | 482 
      Reply #93: Aug 31, 2024 10:09:46 pm
      Hey Keith are ya lot going to play or park the bus with both feet on the brakes and both hand on the hand brake!   :lmao:
      Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,712 posts | 1621 
      • "If you are second, you are nothing."
      Reply #94: Aug 31, 2024 11:14:33 pm
      I've gone for a 2-1 win with Chiesa getting a hat trick.

He's that good.
      king kenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,253 posts | 482 
      Reply #95: Aug 31, 2024 11:29:34 pm
      I've gone for a 2-1 win with Chiesa getting a hat trick.

He's that good.
      :lmao:
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 17,992 posts | 2855 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #96: Sep 01, 2024 08:34:14 am
      Hey Keith are ya lot going to play or park the bus with both feet on the brakes and both hand on the hand brake!   :lmao:

If I knew I wouldn’t give you heads up anyway. 😂 Your manager like his name means you’ll be slow from the boxes anyway. 😂🤞😂
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 17,992 posts | 2855 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #97: Sep 01, 2024 08:35:04 am

I’ve also gone for a 2-1 win. 💪💪
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,849 posts | 1889 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #98: Sep 01, 2024 08:40:06 am
      Not a clue what to expect, suspect walt is correct tho. we will be much more controlled today.

Salah hat trick, only cos I need the fantasy footi points, daftarse here didnt put the city giant robot in his team. l o l
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,674 posts | 3024 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #99: Sep 01, 2024 08:57:18 am
      Come on 4pm
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 17,992 posts | 2855 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #100: Sep 01, 2024 09:16:40 am
      David Wright
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,418 posts | 794 
      Reply #101: Sep 01, 2024 10:24:59 am
      Always a lot of hype before these games, I hope it lives up to it's billing with a resounding away win for the Reds, with Mo adding to his tally of goals.
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,138 posts | 5153 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #102: Sep 01, 2024 10:25:43 am

Seriously Keef, what makes you think you’re lot has enough to do us over, now fair enough you done us in the cup last season but we weren’t at our best you will admit, not a lot has changed from your PoV in fact it could be argued yer weaker, whereas we’re stronger and fitter and will have a more familiar look about us in terms of bodies on the pitch,

We can factor in how much more settled we are as a squad and familiarity with how we play, albeit it’s a tweak on how JĂźrgen would play, I’ve thought about all of this and more and I can honestly say even with a newish system we are much better equipped, better balanced, and we’re all singing from the same song sheet, can’t say the same about you’re lot tho, is your squad settled, are each and everyone all tuned to Eric’s style, have you a well balanced team to throw onto the pitch, do you have cover for almost every position, can you bring on like for like for seamless fluidity, No can you F**k, so let all that sink in and then come back once you’ve wobbled yer heid and then tell us yer gonna beat us today ?? 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣 🖕🖕🏾🖕🏿🖕🖕🏾🖕🏿🖕❤️😜

YNWA
      AlwaysTheKop
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,809 posts | 1566 
      • CHAMP19NS.
      Reply #103: Sep 01, 2024 10:27:59 am
      A good day of football to be fair for the neutral, will probably watch all three for a change… a nice win for us to finish the day would be lovely though…
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,479 posts | 1566 
      Reply #104: Sep 01, 2024 10:41:35 am
      Nerves starting to jangle a bit now, as they always do prior to this fixture. Ive gone for a 1;3 win to the red men but am aware anything and everything can happen in these games.  They'll probably give 15 - 20 per cent more than usual in this game, which just goes to show how they're cheating their scabby fans for the rest of the season.
      I think we're better set up than them with a more fluent game, but we still do start a bit slow. If we could put our second half performances out there for 90 mins, they won't live with us.
      I'm expecting them to park the bus and break at pace occasionally, as Ten Haag knows if they play an open game they'll get battered. We just have to. break through that and put away our chances, all the time watching out for the quick counter. We have to be patient and not make individual mistakes. If they press us high, don't over do it, and put the laces through the ball when it's necessary rather than lose possession in an around our box.
      We need to settle quick, get into our rhythm early, get a quick goal and shut their half hearted support up.

COME ON YOU MIGHTY RED MEN.
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,886 posts | 3004 
      Reply #105: Sep 01, 2024 10:42:30 am
      Need to remember this is their cup final. After a few hidings in recent seasons we saw that they played with a different intensity last season in the Old Trafford games against us. Both times we were still the much better team but we didn't kill either game and didn't manage periods of pressure from them well at all.

Need to have greater control on the game today. Big day for Gravenberch who faces his first real test.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 17,992 posts | 2855 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #106: Sep 01, 2024 11:16:35 am

Seriously Keef, what makes you think you’re lot has enough to do us over, now fair enough you done us in the cup last season but we weren’t at our best you will admit, not a lot has changed from your PoV in fact it could be argued yer weaker, whereas we’re stronger and fitter and will have a more familiar look about us in terms of bodies on the pitch,

We can factor in how much more settled we are as a squad and familiarity with how we play, albeit it’s a tweak on how JĂźrgen would play, I’ve thought about all of this and more and I can honestly say even with a newish system we are much better equipped, better balanced, and we’re all singing from the same song sheet, can’t say the same about you’re lot tho, is your squad settled, are each and everyone all tuned to Eric’s style, have you a well balanced team to throw onto the pitch, do you have cover for almost every position, can you bring on like for like for seamless fluidity, No can you F**k, so let all that sink in and then come back once you’ve wobbled yer heid and then tell us yer gonna beat us today ?? 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣 🖕🖕🏾🖕🏿🖕🖕🏾🖕🏿🖕❤️😜

YNWA

Don’t know if we have Billy but purely based on the first two games we’ve played it’s the first time in a while a little optimistic. All too often the last few years been dreading the tie coz fully expected to get beat.

Not for a second saying I’m right just feel a little more confident in a result of sorts, that was never the case previously. I stand by what I’ve said and don’t think you lads will fight for the title this year where you have the last 3/4 years.

I know that jury still out on 🦥 but until I see anything that resembles a Klopp I have to think positive. We beat you last year when we were sh*te, all I’m saying is I think we’re better than last year so that’s why just a little more hopeful today.

Ps… not forgetting the banter right you fuckwit 🖕🖕🖕
      king kenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,253 posts | 482 
      Reply #107: Sep 01, 2024 11:22:38 am
      😂 Your manager like his name means you’ll be slow from the boxes anyway. 😂🤞😂

You wouldn't dare say that if Klopp was here.     :D
      We are going to Slot you away!

waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 38,301 posts | 7312 
      Reply #108: Sep 01, 2024 11:23:28 am
      Got good feeling about today solid in midfield and at the back and devastating up front just too much for UTD to handle 3-1 all three upfront scoring
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 17,992 posts | 2855 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #109: Sep 01, 2024 11:29:07 am
      You wouldn't dare say that if Klopp was here.     :D
      We are going to Slot you away!

You’re right I wouldn’t. 😂
      king kenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,253 posts | 482 
      Reply #110: Sep 01, 2024 11:31:01 am
      So basically man to man high press is going to be the go to tactic from yours lot!
      __Tickle__
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,237 posts | 547 
      Reply #111: Sep 01, 2024 11:37:52 am
      Bit early in the season for me this game. Nervy wait.
      Longy-Shops
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,800 posts | 922 
      Reply #112: Sep 01, 2024 11:49:37 am
      Need to remember this is their cup final. After a few hidings in recent seasons we saw that they played with a different intensity last season in the Old Trafford games against us. Both times we were still the much better team but we didn't kill either game and didn't manage periods of pressure from them well at all.

Need to have greater control on the game today. Big day for Gravenberch who faces his first real test.
      Agree with all that....especially about Grv.  We'll see if he's the real deal This afternoon.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 17,992 posts | 2855 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #113: Sep 01, 2024 11:56:01 am
      So basically man to man high press is going to be the go to tactic from yours lot!

Can’t be giving you lot my tactics, you’ll counter accordingly 😂🖕😂
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 17,992 posts | 2855 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #114: Sep 01, 2024 11:56:31 am
      Bit early in the season for me this game. Nervy wait.

Squeaky bum time.  :f_whistle:

Quick Reply