Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Bmouth [Premier League] Sat 21st Sep @ 3:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 21st of September and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W16 D3 L7

Rate the 2024 Summer Transfer Window out of 10

Read 2906 times
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,566 posts | 3798 
      Re: Rate the 2024 Summer Transfer Window out of 10
      Reply #46: Aug 31, 2024 06:31:29 pm
      Fair enough.  Personally think there is a good chance he extends his contract.

Believe the reason why they looked at bringing in the GK is because he has told them he may well be going after the contract ends
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 38,306 posts | 7313 
      Reply #47: Aug 31, 2024 06:40:51 pm

Didn't he say he is going nowhere.think we will lose Kellerher before  Ali.
      king kenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,253 posts | 482 
      Reply #48: Aug 31, 2024 06:45:45 pm

I don't know anything from the inside.  Maybe that is why Kelleher is dragging his feet.

Personally think Allison is one of the best goalies in the world and would want him to stay longer and would want the club to offer him the extensions for that.  Accepting it is his decision.

Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,566 posts | 3798 
      Reply #49: Aug 31, 2024 06:46:38 pm
      I don't know anything from the inside.  Maybe that is why Kelleher is dragging his feet.

Personally think Allison is one of the best goalies in the world and would want him to stay longer and would want the club to offer him the extensions for that.  Accepting it is his decision.

Agree about Álisson - the best around and happy for him to stay until he retires
      king kenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,253 posts | 482 
      Reply #50: Aug 31, 2024 06:49:17 pm
      Didn't he say he is going nowhere.think we will lose Kellerher before  Ali.

That is my thinking too.  But if Allison is definitely leaving then he may stay. 
      king kenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,253 posts | 482 
      Reply #51: Aug 31, 2024 08:53:16 pm
      And we thought 12 months ago that JĂźrgen would be here until 2026. And in 12 months time, City could be in the pub league, slogging it out with the glamour of the Hulls and the Stokes of world football.

A year is a long time in football, so let's worry about next year's window when the time comes.

Let's all stop posting and just wait for things to happen

And how do you actually use this ignore function!
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 41,095 posts | 8981 
      Reply #52: Aug 31, 2024 08:55:23 pm
      Do you honestly think he would say otherwise.

Do you think as a squad, it's an upgrade on what he was working with last season?
      lfc across the water
      • Needs a Klopp hug...Rafa's Number 1 fan...VAR has no faults Promoter
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,936 posts | 708 
      Reply #53: Aug 31, 2024 08:57:34 pm
      Quote from king kenny

And we thought 12 months ago that JĂźrgen would be here until 2026. And in 12 months time, City could be in the pub league, slogging it out with the glamour of the Hulls and the Stokes of world football.

A year is a long time in football, so let's worry about next year's window when the time comes.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 17,992 posts | 2855 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #54: Aug 31, 2024 09:04:52 pm
      Let's all stop posting and just wait for things to happen

And how do you actually use this ignore function!

😂😂😂
      Benito
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,988 posts | 295 
      Reply #55: Sep 01, 2024 01:03:50 am
      We needed three positions, one being a starter:
      RW, CB, DM
      =
      3/10
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,138 posts | 5153 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #56: Sep 01, 2024 08:11:56 am
      Can’t really judge it, cos Arne has inherited a very good Squad that won’t need much enhancement, and even then he could find solutions within as we’ve seen with Gravenberch as DM, so for me it’s unfair to judge him as he has yet to bring in his own players, Chiesa was a opportunity we couldn’t let pass us by , but he certainly wouldn’t have been a target signing if we were desperate for forward at 26 yrs old,

We might have to wait for a window or two before we see the kind of players Arne wants to bring in, then we can truly judge what kind of window we’ve had ??

YNWA
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 17,992 posts | 2855 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #57: Sep 01, 2024 08:28:37 am
      Can’t really judge it, cos Arne has inherited a very good Squad that won’t need much enhancement, and even then he could find solutions within as we’ve seen with Gravenberch as DM, so for me it’s unfair to judge him as he has yet to bring in his own players, Chiesa was a opportunity we couldn’t let pass us by , but he certainly wouldn’t have been a target signing if we were desperate for forward at 26 yrs old,

We might have to wait for a window or two before we see the kind of players Arne wants to bring in, then we can truly judge what kind of window we’ve had ??

YNWA

Course you can judge it. He’s asking about this window not others, take the 😎 off.
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,138 posts | 5153 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #58: Sep 01, 2024 10:35:40 am
      Course you can judge it. He’s asking about this window not others, take the 😎 off.

Hmmmm, let me think, we’ve made two signings in this particular window, one of which is a GK for the future in big Mama, and the other is a opportunity not to be missed, so yh let’s judge the window on those two ??
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 17,992 posts | 2855 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #59: Sep 01, 2024 11:08:38 am

Hmmmm, let me think, we’ve made two signings in this particular window, one of which is a GK for the future in big Mama, and the other is a opportunity not to be missed, so yh let’s judge the window on those two ??

So neither improve the first team? Fans of your club are entitled to feel disappointed given the circumstances, especially when others ( on paper ) improved.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 41,095 posts | 8981 
      Reply #60: Sep 01, 2024 12:00:51 pm
      So neither improve the first team? Fans of your club are entitled to feel disappointed given the circumstances, especially when others ( on paper ) improved.

I hope you don't mean your lot, cos that really would be looking with rose tints on!!
      Longy-Shops
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,801 posts | 922 
      Reply #61: Sep 01, 2024 12:36:25 pm
      Due to the fact that football is played by a team, I would suggest the addition of any single new player very seldomly improves a team as much as you think. A few new players don't work out...a few go on to have a great influence.....but in the main with recruitment, it's usually replacing like for like.

Watched Arsenal on MOTD....they didn't look improved to me.
      Harrisimo
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,660 posts | 1479 
      Reply #62: Sep 01, 2024 01:32:01 pm
      I have no issue over the lack of new faces. Slot obviously needs time. Throwing big money at it so early on with the new set up etc. probably wasn't the best idea. Gives the new set up time to fully assess the squad and what positions need reinforced.

Already shown Slot isn't slow to make decision. If it's not quite what he wants in game situations, changes will be made, sharpish. That's something the players will have to get used to. Even when it appears were coasting along.Names mean very little.

Slot: So far so good. 
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,058 posts | 6953 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #63: Sep 02, 2024 01:14:12 am
      My question is did City (well of course they would) and Arsenal add to what they had last year?

Did the 2 Teams who finished below us last year, Villa and Spuds, add to what they had last year to try to improve what they had already?

We signed a keeper we won't see till next year and that's if Ali leaves and I hope to God he doesn't.

We signed Chiesa and whilst I'm excited to see what he has to offer, is it a position we were really looking forward to strengthening? He's not gonna be a Mo replacement even if Mo's contract situation isn't sorted.

Love what I have seen of the Team so far but if Grav goes down, we are left with Endo and Mac and both of them are slow as F**k and get caught in possession too much.

Not enough was done in my eyes.
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,645 posts | 1030 
      • F**k the Sun F**k Murdoch F**k the press and F**k
      Reply #64: Sep 02, 2024 08:12:59 am
      If transfer acquisitions thanks FSG for the SCONE !!!
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 32,035 posts | 6624 
      Reply #65: Sep 03, 2024 01:55:38 pm
      Depending on how the keeper and Chiesa work out long term, it could conceivably be as high as an 8/10 if they both kick on.

Judging it right now (which admittedly is really tough to do) I think it's probably a 4/10. Don't think we addressed an immediate need. Yes Grav is looking good in his new position but to be honest, MacAllister is not so for me we've kind of traded there. Last season Mac was a boss and Grav fizzled.  Time will tell if Grav is durable enough to be our next Fabinho and if Mac and Dom kick on then we could have a really good and settled midfield, assuming there are zero injuries. Chances of that happening?

It's 4/10 for me.

If you add in the players waiting on new contracts it's a -3/10

Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 17,992 posts | 2855 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #66: Sep 03, 2024 02:23:31 pm

As for rating the window - impossible to judge until the season has been finished

That’s  simply defecting from the opening post question Pj. You don’t always have to sit on the fence defending your club when the majority of your fans are rightly disappointed with the Summer window and not what happens at the end of the season.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,566 posts | 3798 
      Reply #67: Sep 03, 2024 02:30:07 pm
      That’s  simply defecting from the opening post question Pj. You don’t always have to sit on the fence defending your club when the majority of your fans are rightly disappointed with the Summer window and not what happens at the end of the season.

The window is ultimately judged on the performances

Last year we had a number of teams

Everton , Man Utd claiming to have “won” the transfer window

It doesn’t matter what happens in the world - everything is judged on the performances

Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 17,992 posts | 2855 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #68: Sep 03, 2024 02:46:41 pm
      The window is ultimately judged on the performances

Last year we had a number of teams

Everton , Man Utd claiming to have “won” the transfer window

It doesn’t matter what happens in the world - everything is judged on the performances

That’s not the argument/statement though.

Quick Reply