Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Bmouth [Premier League] Sat 21st Sep @ 3:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 19th of September and on this date LFC's match record is P31 W14 D7 L10

NESV/Fenway Sports Group: Owners of LFC

Read 2930677 times
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,562 posts | 3797 
      Re: NESV/Fenway Sports Group: Owners of LFC
      Reply #35673: Sep 16, 2024 12:37:27 pm
      Sorry but how can other trophies be dismissed

Domestic cups aren’t won by a one off final you still have to go through multiple rounds and but a number of other teams to win them

Why sell ourselves short

In 2012 we won our first trophy in 6 years

During that comp we beat the likes of Chelsea and Man City

2022 we were beating Arsenal , Chelsea and Man City to win both domestic finals

2024 beating Chelsea again

You can’t just dismiss domestic cup wins

Let’s give ourselves more credit

Yes we may have managed to get that extra point or two points to win a couple more titles but I think we can point to many things during those seasons that made the difference

In an era where a team has pretty much cheated we have been there - we have gone at them in the proper way and it’s hard but it’s worth it even if it was just one title and one CL - they are worth more than anything City won

The next two windows for Edwards and Hughes will be key for them

Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 9,712 posts | 1621 
      • "If you are second, you are nothing."
      Reply #35674: Sep 16, 2024 12:42:00 pm
      Sorry but how can other trophies be dismissed

Domestic cups aren’t won by a one off final you still have to go through multiple rounds and but a number of other teams to win them

Why sell ourselves short

In 2012 we won our first trophy in 6 years

During that comp we beat the likes of Chelsea and Man City

2022 we were beating Arsenal , Chelsea and Man City to win both domestic finals

2024 beating Chelsea again

You can’t just dismiss domestic cup wins

Yes we may have managed to get that extra point or two points to win a couple more titles but I think we can point to many things during those seasons that made the difference

The next two windows for Edwards and Hughes will be key for them

I'm not dismissing them. I watched them all and loved it when we raised the cup over our heads. I just don't use them as a measuring stick. Of course, I'm not blind to them, and they do count toward our overall honours list, but they hold much less importance for me.

We also have 1 FA Cup and 3 League Cups under FSG unless I'm mistaken.
      « Last Edit: Sep 16, 2024 12:47:04 pm by Rush »
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,562 posts | 3797 
      Reply #35675: Sep 16, 2024 12:48:43 pm
      I'm not dismissing them. I watched them all and loved it when we raised the cup over our heads. I just don't use them as a measuring stick. Of course, I'm not blind to them, and they do count toward our overall honours list, but they hold much less importance for me.

It just shows that since 2003 when Abramovich arrived the level of money that teams have spent

Chelsea started it off - swapped managers all over the place but kept spending to win

Man Utd - once their established players left and manager just dropped off

And since then it’s been

7 wins for City
      1 each for us , Chelsea and Leicester

And it will prob be 8 wins at the end of this season

And yep 1 Fa Cup and 3 League Cups since 2011

Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 9,712 posts | 1621 
      Reply #35676: Sep 16, 2024 01:43:57 pm
      Literally anyone except City (and Utd), and yes, I even want the Bitters to win it before they do.

Ugh, I feel dirty now.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,562 posts | 3797 
      Reply #35677: Sep 16, 2024 02:06:34 pm
      Literally anyone except City (and Utd), and yes, I even want the Bitters to win it before they do.

Ugh, I feel dirty now.

Strangely enough I’m not bothered about city winning because I know they have cheated - every trophy is tainted

Everyone knows it , they even know it
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,138 posts | 5153 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #35678: Sep 16, 2024 03:03:39 pm
      anyone else but them tight cu*ts pal

So let’s all hope then for a Todd Boely then eh !!!

Knobhead !!!
      Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 9,712 posts | 1621 
      Reply #35679: Sep 16, 2024 03:09:45 pm
      Strangely enough I’m not bothered about city winning because I know they have cheated - every trophy is tainted

Everyone knows it , they even know it
      Good point. The trouble is, every tarnished silverware they win, deprives other teams of silverware.
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,138 posts | 5153 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #35680: Sep 16, 2024 03:38:38 pm

I think you sit in the Kop with yer head up yer arse then, what are you watching?
      Do you see the Liverpool of old in our barren years, are you watching a Liverpool struggling to make the top 6, are you watching a Liverpool with the like of Don f***in Hutchison or a Sean Dundee, or Pegguy Aphexad in goal trying to keep the f***in score down,

Do yersel a favour and remove yourself from the glory hunting mindset your guilty of, in fact give yer head a massive f***in wobble fella cos you’re In dying need of a reality check,

But for those cheating Cnuts in Manc land we would have two further titles to our name, twice we came within a point of the fraudsters with VAR taking a major role in those outcomes,

What the F**k do you want?   I can guess, owners like those cheating cu*ts who can spend Willy f***in nilly and buy everything with a f***in pulse, owners who have dragged the club into a court of arbitration because of their dodgy dealings……TWICE….Thats it isn’t it ?…..or a Todd Boely type who throws his dollars around thinking the more I spend the more success I will bring…..and not giving a rats arse how far they’ll inevitably fall when the sh*te hits the fan…!!

Be very very careful what you wish for Sonny, our owners like them or loathe them you cannot deny we are in much healthier position than we were in 2010, and if can’t see that or understand it then you’re heart isn’t with this club, we almost went under thanks to the two f***in jokers before them, look at how we were back then, and then look at us now…..yet, yet that’s not f***in good enough for the likes of you is it ?? No, you want more, you want us to spend spend spend because our rivals can spend spend spend,

Oh and in case you have missed it….we have been competitive, we have been in the mix… we are back where we belong both domestically and in Europe….isn’t that good enough for you??

Obviously Not !!!

Divvy !!!
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,562 posts | 3797 
      Reply #35681: Sep 16, 2024 04:09:03 pm
      Good point. The trouble is, every tarnished silverware they win, deprives other teams of silverware.

It does mate and unfortunately there is no space for moral victories

Just got to hope that the enquiry smashes

If they don’t then it’s open season and suspect our owners will walk away looking for a Middle East state to buy us
      Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 9,712 posts | 1621 
      Reply #35682: Sep 16, 2024 04:29:23 pm
      It does mate and unfortunately there is no space for moral victories

Just got to hope that the enquiry smashes

If they don’t then it’s open season and suspect our owners will walk away looking for a Middle East state to buy us
      I'm starting to think it's the only way we can compete. I mean, really seriously compete, season in season out. A brilliant squad is needed not just a brilliant first XI, and that takes a good bit of cash to build and to maintain.

It helps to have a great manager at the helm, but Jürgen Klops don't come around very often and Claudio Ranieri's Leicester City story was a fairy tale unfolding before our eyes. A rare event. Slot might turn out to be even better than Klopp (but what are the chances?), and that would be great. But as the seasons go by it's looking more likely that you have to have stupid money to compete. At least long-term.

Unless you're Real Madrid. In that case, you just tell players to run their contracts down and join for free.
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,628 posts | 4925 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #35683: Sep 16, 2024 04:33:04 pm
      which top club as a profit in a transfer window and challenges that year? There's players that need moving on but they put huge bountys on their head when people come knocking, works sometimes but really it's just all too slow, I don't give a sh*t about a stadium expansion or a new training facility, OK it matters but as a fan I want to challenge and we can't after another sh*t window, the arrival of best manager ever in klopp and the money from coutinho sale got us a title, if they let them 3 contracts run down, we're left with one wc player in Alisson, I want an owner who wants to win like I want to win.

Mate, don't waste your energy. He's absolutely F***ing bonkers and when you ignore him you are then bombarded with a Manc who is thereabouts in most threads. Forum is fu**ed.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,562 posts | 3797 
      Reply #35684: Sep 16, 2024 04:33:31 pm
      I'm starting to think it's the only way we can compete. I mean, really seriously compete, season in season out. A brilliant squad is needed not just a brilliant first XI, and that takes a good bit of cash to build and to maintain.

It helps to have a great manager at the helm, but Jürgen Klops don't come around very often and Claudio Ranieri's Leicester City story was a fairy tale unfolding before our eyes. A rare event. Slot might turn out to be even better than Klopp (but what are the chances?), and that would be great. But as the seasons go by it's looking more likely that you have to have stupid money to compete. At least long-term.

Unless you're Real Madrid. In that case, you just tell players to run their contracts down and join for free.

I would rather not have the club like that tbh

We need them to sort out the financial fair play

We need clubs to have to work for their trophies , good scouting , good selling and buying

If the club becomes state owned and just spends then that’s the game gone
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,562 posts | 3797 
      Reply #35685: Sep 16, 2024 04:48:09 pm
      Mate, don't waste your energy. He's absolutely F***ing bonkers and when you ignore him you are then bombarded with a Manc who is thereabouts in most threads. Forum is fu**ed.

😂😂😂
      AlwaysTheKop
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,809 posts | 1566 
      • CHAMP19NS.
      Reply #35686: Sep 16, 2024 04:59:49 pm
      I would rather not have the club like that tbh

We need them to sort out the financial fair play

We need clubs to have to work for their trophies , good scouting , good selling and buying

If the club becomes state owned and just spends then that’s the game gone

Sadly the game has already gone... City won't be punished other than a small fine (to them), the people overseeing it are as corrupt as they are and once they recieve a lovely cheque behind the scenes, all will be forgiven... the now, and future of football is whoever has the most money, wins.... and it will undoubtedly end up with a Super League being formed sooner or later... the best years of the game are in the past... and sadly, the new era of fans want that...
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,562 posts | 3797 
      Reply #35687: Sep 16, 2024 05:04:21 pm
      Sadly the game has already gone... City won't be punished other than a small fine (to them), the people overseeing it are as corrupt as they are and once they recieve a lovely cheque behind the scenes, all will be forgiven... the now, and future of football is whoever has the most money, wins.... and it will undoubtedly end up with a Super League being formed sooner or later... the best years of the game are in the past... and sadly, the new era of fans want that...

You prob aren’t too far wrong

Hence why I’ll still want to see the club continue to try and build and develop our own and not have to rely on state money.

AlwaysTheKop
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,809 posts | 1566 
      • CHAMP19NS.
      Reply #35688: Sep 16, 2024 05:08:48 pm
      You prob aren’t too far wrong

Hence why I’ll still want to see the club continue to try and build and develop our own and not have to rely on state money.

Agree, I know we don’t always see eye to eye but I’m of the same opinion of you when it comes to our owners, I think they’ve done a lot of good since coming in, apart from maybe wanting them to be more reactive in the windows, can’t say much against them… in my lifetime they’ve made me feel the most secure as a fan since following the club.

But sadly, as I said, this is a game for the rich now, and teams are just their playthings, it’s FIFA Career Mode in real life, and the young ones love that… so to me it’s just a case of the rich waiting for the old gen to die out.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,562 posts | 3797 
      Reply #35689: Sep 16, 2024 05:12:33 pm
      Agree, I know we don’t always see eye to eye but I’m of the same opinion of you when it comes to our owners, I think they’ve done a lot of good since coming in, apart from maybe wanting them to be more reactive in the windows, can’t say much against them… in my lifetime they’ve made me feel the most secure as a fan since following the club.

But sadly, as I said, this is a game for the rich now, and teams are just their playthings, it’s FIFA Career Mode in real life, and the young ones love that… so to me it’s just a case of the rich waiting for the old gen to die out.

I guess all we can hope for is that Edwards and Hughes produce some magic signings. It’s prob going to take some time though

They really do need to prove their worth - it’s prob very key right now , get the contracts sorted and get some players in that the manager wants - got to give him the tools to challenge
      ed603em
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 789 posts | 125 
      Reply #35690: Sep 16, 2024 08:19:27 pm
      It’s interesting you say that - I think that given what they did last season with Everton and Forest, City are going to get absolutely hammered. There is no way this will just be a fine - it’s going to be huge.

If they hadn’t already deducted points off Everton and forest I’d be inclined to agree but they were both relatively minor breaches which they admitted. The scale of City’s offences is off the chart in comparison and they’ve lied and tried to hide evidence.

Honestly I can see City being kicked out of the league altogether and having to do what Wimbledon did.
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,642 posts | 1028 
      • F**k the Sun F**k Murdoch F**k the press and F**k
      Reply #35691: Sep 16, 2024 09:18:13 pm
      It’s interesting you say that - I think that given what they did last season with Everton and Forest, City are going to get absolutely hammered. There is no way this will just be a fine - it’s going to be huge.

If they hadn’t already deducted points off Everton and forest I’d be inclined to agree but they were both relatively minor breaches which they admitted. The scale of City’s offences is off the chart in comparison and they’ve lied and tried to hide evidence.

Honestly I can see City being kicked out of the league altogether and having to do what Wimbledon did.

City have supplied 500,000,000 documents to support their case
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 38,300 posts | 7312 
      Reply #35692: Sep 17, 2024 10:52:34 am
      Fast approaching 14 years 1 EPL 1CL. Bought for £300 mil now valued at £4 billion greedy fuckers tried to trade marque Liverpool then we had price hikes the Super league etc. The only people they support themselves. As for City they won't face sanctions in a points deduction ironically maybe a financial penalty. Get ready for a home game in Boston or the Middle East
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 32,029 posts | 6620 
      Reply #35693: Sep 17, 2024 02:18:23 pm

Wish I had your optimism but it ain't happening. City will get off with maybe a huge fine. That's it. No points deductions, no vacated titles...nothing.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 17,991 posts | 2855 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #35694: Sep 17, 2024 02:34:55 pm
      Wish I had your optimism but it ain't happening. City will get off with maybe a huge fine. That's it. No points deductions, no vacated titles...nothing.

I’m pretty confident myself they will get a points reduction, just haven’t a clue how many. I read the other day ( probably garbage) that it may be over several seasons which if the case it’s a very light punishment.

Quick Reply