Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Bmouth [Premier League] Sat 21st Sep @ 3:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 19th of September and on this date LFC's match record is P31 W14 D7 L10

LFC Reds Poll

Q. LFC Man of the Match v Forest?

Alisson Becker
      19 (40.4%)
      Trent Alexander-Arnold
      0 (0%)
      Ibrahima Konaté
      3 (6.4%)
      Andy Robertson
      1 (2.1%)
      Virgil van Dijk
      3 (6.4%)
      Ryan Gravenberch
      18 (38.3%)
      Alexis Mac Allister
      1 (2.1%)
      Dominik Szoboszlai
      0 (0%)
      Luis Diaz
      1 (2.1%)
      Diogo Jota
      0 (0%)
      Mohamed Salah
      1 (2.1%)
      Darwin NĂșñez
      0 (0%)
      Curtis Jones
      0 (0%)
      Cody Gakpo
      0 (0%)
      Conor Bradley
      0 (0%)
      Kostas Tsimikas
      0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 47

Voting closed: Yesterday at 04:56:43 pm

Liverpool 0-1 Nottingham Forest: In game and Post Match discussion

Read 5043 times
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,642 posts | 1028 
      • F**k the Sun F**k Murdoch F**k the press and F**k
      Re: Liverpool 0-1 Nottingham Forest: In game and Post Match discussion
      Reply #506: Sep 16, 2024 05:19:04 pm
      One of the strange things about Saturdays game against Forrest was the was no response usually whe get a head of steam up, but it was so flat, the crowd did their part the players looked like they couldn’t even be bothered
      Longy-Shops
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,800 posts | 922 
      Reply #507: Sep 16, 2024 05:40:20 pm
      The international break had an affect for a couple of reasons

1. Players traveling all over the globe will always have some level of affect

2. Disrupting training - due to the euros and Copa a lot of the players had very limited pre season training
      All over the Globe???? England played in Dublin & London. The players travel in 5 star buses/private jets etc and are accommodated in pampered luxury.

Disrupted training didn't seem to affect other clubs with players away on International duty...and pre-season, limited or otherwise, isn't under discussion.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,563 posts | 3798 
      Reply #508: Sep 16, 2024 05:42:29 pm
      All over the Globe???? England played in Dublin & London. The players travel in 5 star buses/private jets etc and are accommodated in pampered luxury.

Disrupted training didn't seem to affect other clubs with players away on International duty...and pre-season, limited or otherwise, isn't under discussion.
      Where did Argentina , Columbia , Japan ans Brazil play
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 38,304 posts | 7312 
      Reply #509: Sep 16, 2024 06:09:36 pm
      If players don't want to feel tired win football matches you never hear of tired players after a good win
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,941 posts | 3990 
      Reply #510: Sep 16, 2024 06:34:25 pm

It’s all bollocks, was the same for United, city and Arsenal - they were fine.
      Longy-Shops
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,800 posts | 922 
      Reply #511: Sep 16, 2024 06:59:45 pm
      Blackpool....No seriously, considering our Japanese player didn't get on the pitch he could have spent two weeks on the International space station, he isn't relevant to this post International malaise debate. I don't remember our Brazilian keeper's performance spoken of as being under par.
      Granted, Columbia and Argentina are quite far away. As for M. Salah, I'm guessing he didn't go further than the local Nando's
      I contend the International break has no impact on the next fixture....you and others contend differently, and that's fine, as it's frankly unprovable....a matter of opinion.
      If all the teams that had numerous players away on International duty underperformed then the argument would be at least a modicum of merit to it....but that's not what happens. Unless we are suggesting Liverpool players are somehow physically and mentally different from other teams, which they are not. It stands to reason that if Liverpool play poorly after an International break, then all teams who had similar numbers of players away would equally perform poorly.
       It's a case of clutching at straws....that's what we do...it's how we try to make sense of something unexpected.
      Longy-Shops
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,800 posts | 922 
      Reply #512: Sep 16, 2024 07:01:10 pm
      If players don't want to feel tired win football matches you never hear of tired players after a good win
      That sentence must have mean't something when it was in your head.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,563 posts | 3798 
      Reply #513: Sep 16, 2024 07:08:21 pm
      Blackpool....No seriously, considering our Japanese player didn't get on the pitch he could have spent two weeks on the International space station, he isn't relevant to this post International malaise debate. I don't remember our Brazilian keeper's performance spoken of as being under par.
      Granted, Columbia and Argentina are quite far away. As for M. Salah, I'm guessing he didn't go further than the local Nando's
      I contend the International break has no impact on the next fixture....you and others contend differently, and that's fine, as it's frankly unprovable....a matter of opinion.
      If all the teams that had numerous players away on International duty underperformed then the argument would be at least a modicum of merit to it....but that's not what happens. Unless we are suggesting Liverpool players are somehow physically and mentally different from other teams, which they are not. It stands to reason that if Liverpool play poorly after an International break, then all teams who had similar numbers of players away would equally perform poorly.
       It's a case of clutching at straws....that's what we do...it's how we try to make sense of something unexpected.

Let’s be clear

It’s not the “reason” we lost

But there is quite clearly potential to have an affect on the squad

7 off the starting 11 from the weekend played 180 mins in the internationals

The other 4 played over 90 mins each as well

Being so early in the season it’s going to have an affect
      Longy-Shops
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,800 posts | 922 
      Reply #514: Sep 16, 2024 07:21:55 pm
      Let’s be clear

It’s not the “reason” we lost

But there is quite clearly potential to have an affect on the squad

7 off the starting 11 from the weekend played 180 mins in the internationals

The other 4 played over 90 mins each as well

Being so early in the season it’s going to have an affect
      Yes 7 football players, all elite highly trained athletes played 2 games of football in 2 weeks..... As did Arsenal's players and they arguably had a tougher game than us....Anyway I've given my opinion, I respect you have a different one. let's leave it , I'm bored with it.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,563 posts | 3798 
      Reply #515: Sep 16, 2024 07:27:17 pm
      Yes 7 football players, all elite highly trained athletes played 2 games of football in 2 weeks..... As did Arsenal's players and they arguably had a tougher game than us....Anyway I've given my opinion, I respect you have a different one. let's leave it , I'm bored with it.

Well it wasn’t 2 weeks it 3 days

And Arsenal had fewer players away and also player less minutes when looking at their starting 11 on Sunday

Enjoy
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 38,304 posts | 7312 
      Reply #516: Sep 17, 2024 12:54:14 pm
      That sentence must have mean't something when it was in your head.

I cant help you being thick as mince
      Longy-Shops
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,800 posts | 922 
      Reply #517: Sep 17, 2024 01:04:37 pm
      I cant help you being thick as mince
      Can't...not cant.
      The-AllMightyReds
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 2,228 posts | 484 
      • In Klopp I trust
      Reply #518: Sep 17, 2024 01:29:12 pm
      Let’s place nice and keep it civil people.

As disappointing as the loss was, time to put it behind us, big game to look forward to tonight.
      FrenchRed
      • Forum Ronny Rosenthal

• 99 posts | 15 
      Reply #519: Sep 17, 2024 01:34:34 pm

Endo played both games for Japan (Bahrain and China) and Mo played both Egypt games
      Longy-Shops
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,800 posts | 922 
      Reply #520: Sep 17, 2024 01:49:56 pm
      Endo played both games for Japan (Bahrain and China) and Mo played both Egypt games
      I've given an opinion...it's not, and can never be factually proven to what degree (if any) a match after an International break is, or isn't impacted. I think it has no impact...you presumably have a different view.
      Harrisimo
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,659 posts | 1479 
      Reply #521: Sep 17, 2024 02:49:42 pm
      But it's also the workload. Some of them got about a fortnights rest, then back into pre season training. Ali himself said the players are never asked for their opinion.

There is a 'Player workload monitoring' which reveals some players get less than 'one days rest' a week. The Fed of Players say the pace imposed puts at risk players mental health and could cut short a players career.

https://www.nssmag.com/en/sports/38062/matches-season-footballers-injury#:~:text=The%20Player%20Workload%20Monitoring%202023,international%20health%20and%20safety%20standards.

It's an issue that has to be dealt with.

Quick Reply