Trending Topics

Next match: Leipzig v LFC [Champions League] Wed 23rd Oct @ 8:00 pm - Pre Match Topic
      Red Bull Arena

Today is the 22nd of October and on this date LFC's match record is P31 W13 D8 L10

Pre-match: Crystal Palace v Liverpool v KO 12h30

Read 918 times
      FrenchRed
      • Forum Igor Biscan
      • Started Topic

• 121 posts | 20 
      Pre-match: Crystal Palace v Liverpool v KO 12h30
      Oct 04, 2024 05:12:03 pm
      Liverpool haven't lost at Selhurst Park since November 2014, when Dwight Gayle opened the scoring in a 3-1 win for a side then managed by Neil Warnock.

The early start in South London apparently doesn't phase Arne Slot and a win in this potential banana skin will see us go 4pts ahead.  Palace, in the bottom three, are yet to win this season (drawn 3, lost 3) and the early post-Hodgson honeymoon with Oliver Glasner must seem like a distant memory to their fans.

Nevertheless, we can expect a physical game and I'm predicting a hard fought 2-1 to us: Mo Salah and Darwin to score:

Alisson
      Trent  Ibou  VVD  Robbo
           Grav  Macca  Dom
            Mo  Nunez  Dias

Given Darwin is still suspended for Uruguay I've started him in place of Diego and, in any event, I think his game is perfect for Palace.  I'd like to see Endo given game time but doubt we'll see him.

Over to you...

« Last Edit: Oct 05, 2024 11:44:43 am by RedPuppy »
      The-AllMightyReds
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 2,433 posts | 527 
      • In Klopp I trust
      Re: Pre-match: Crystal Palace v Liverpool v KO 12h30
      Reply #1: Oct 04, 2024 05:33:03 pm
      Hard to tell which Palace side will turn up, this could well prove to be another Wolves predicament where their position in the table doesn't accurately reflect the quality in their squad.

If I were to guess how we’d line up after listening to Arne this morning talk specifically about the West Ham set up where Jota managed 2 goals from the 10 position and emphasizing the point to get both him and Darwin in the right goalscoring areas as often as possible, then it’d be;

Ali, Trent Konate Virgil Robbo, Grav Mac, Salah Jota Diaz Darwin

Way I see it, it's unlikely Jota gets too many minutes, whereas Szobo is guaranteed to play 2x90mins.
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,569 posts | 1577 
      Reply #2: Oct 04, 2024 05:54:22 pm
      I’d like to see Ali, usual back four.
      Endo sitting deep, Grav and Mac in the middle with Mo, Diaz, Nunez and Jota up top.
      All prepared to drop back and cover when required !
      The-AllMightyReds
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 2,433 posts | 527 
      • In Klopp I trust
      Reply #3: Oct 04, 2024 05:55:25 pm
      I’d like to see Ali, usual back four.
      Endo sitting deep, Grav and Mac in the middle with Mo, Diaz, Nunez and Jota up top.
      All prepared to drop back and cover when required !

I wouldn't mind us starting with 12 players either, not sure we'll be allowed mind  :lmao:
      FrenchRed
      • Forum Igor Biscan
      • Started Topic

• 121 posts | 20 
      Reply #4: Oct 04, 2024 05:56:52 pm
      Agreed, Dom has two tough games against The Netherlands and Bosnia (although, for me, it should always be club before country), whereas Diego is usually on the bench.

Robbo has it ever harder: away to Croatia and home to Portugal.

Elsewhere, Argentina and Brazil play in the early hours of Wed 16th (UK time), Mo's home and away to the mighty Mauritania, and the Dutch are away in Hungary and Germany.  Endo plays in Saudi and home in Japan, so at least he'll get 2 x 90 minutes in his legs.

Hopefully they all come back relatively unscathed for the Chelski game...

FrenchRed
      • Forum Igor Biscan
      • Started Topic

• 121 posts | 20 
      Reply #5: Oct 04, 2024 05:59:30 pm
      I wouldn't mind us starting with 12 players either, not sure we'll be allowed mind  :lmao:
      Why not?  Citeh always do if Michael Oliver's the ref  :roll: ;)
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 32,032 posts | 3024 
      Reply #6: Oct 04, 2024 08:01:18 pm
      We've got a good record there in recent years but I can't remember an easy win. Always had to scrap down there and sometimes needed a bit of luck to win.

Team picks itself: Ali, Trent, Konate, VVD, Robbo; Grav, Macca, Dom; Salah, Jota, Diaz.

Win and staying top into the next international break would be huge.
      rossyred
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,662 posts | 1736 
      Reply #7: Oct 04, 2024 08:50:29 pm
      Will be sticky game this and going to have a grind out a 2-1 win
      Harrisimo

• 8,910 posts | 1511 
      Reply #8: Oct 04, 2024 09:07:18 pm
      Ali....Trent,Konate,VVD,Robbo.....Endo..Mac..Gravenberch....Mo,Jota,Diaz.

I'm dropping Dom, bringing Endo in deep and pushing Gravenberch up just off the front 3. His power runs could cause havoc.

1-2
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,963 posts | 3851 
      Reply #9: Oct 04, 2024 09:08:42 pm
      Will be the same line up as Bologna apart from Jota instead of Nunez
      Don77

• 6,923 posts | 1241 
      Reply #10: Oct 04, 2024 09:11:00 pm

I'm dropping Dom, bringing Endo in deep and pushing Gravenberch up just off the front 3. His power runs could cause havoc.

1-2

You just picking 8 mate 😉
      David Wright
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,450 posts | 800 
      Reply #11: Oct 04, 2024 09:23:36 pm
      Also think this will be a tricky game, although hopefully the Reds register a 2  1 win at Selhurst Park.
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,569 posts | 1577 
      Reply #12: Oct 04, 2024 10:11:59 pm

1-2

I’m looking forward to the day. I’m sure it will give our back four more cover 👍
      sore monad
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,197 posts | 591 
      Reply #13: Oct 05, 2024 01:01:47 am
      Don't think Arne will change anything. The Mac-Grav double pivot's been working fine and Szobo, while not brilliant, has been better than people are saying.

Jota will be up top I think. Only real question is whether Luis or Gakpo on the left.
      Millsy75
      • Forum Phil Thompson

• 484 posts | 79 
      Reply #14: Oct 05, 2024 09:11:35 am

1-2
      your dropping dom, the one that covers the most ground every match, jesus its not just silky skills, there's no chance he's going out of this team
      FrenchRed
      • Forum Igor Biscan
      • Started Topic

• 121 posts | 20 
      Reply #15: Oct 05, 2024 09:12:31 am
      I see we've got the abysmal Simon Hooper as ref.  The other PGMOL wannabees are: Assistants: Adrian Holmes, Simon Long. Fourth official: Leigh Doughty. VAR: David Coote. Assistant VAR: Natalie Aspinall.
      Don77

• 6,923 posts | 1241 
      Reply #16: Oct 05, 2024 09:13:59 am
      I see we've got the abysmal Simon Hooper as ref.  The other PGMOL wannabees are: Assistants: Adrian Holmes, Simon Long. Fourth official: Leigh Doughty. VAR: David Coote. Assistant VAR: Natalie Aspinall.

Alot of history with David Coote. None of it good.
      Harrisimo

• 8,910 posts | 1511 
      Reply #17: Oct 05, 2024 10:20:12 am
      All the hype has been around Graver, justified yes but the form of Konate has been top class. The Wolves debacle to one side, he has been our best defender and is a goal threat on corners and crosses.

His mobility has definitely improved, closes down so quickly. Need to be at his best as Palace lump it a fair bit. Strong resolute defense is a must in today's game.We'll score but need a solid defensive platform at the back.
      Don77

• 6,923 posts | 1241 
      Reply #18: Oct 05, 2024 10:35:23 am
      All the hype has been around Graver, justified yes but the form of Konate has been top class. The Wolves debacle to one side, he has been our best defender and is a goal threat on corners and crosses.

His mobility has definitely improved, closes down so quickly. Need to be at his best as Palace lump it a fair bit. Strong resolute defense is a must in today's game.We'll score but need a solid defensive platform at the back.

He looks fitter to me. Stronger. Early days but the signs are good. Can he be what Virg is if Virg is not there? Can he be the leader back there? He is a beast no doubt. I still think we need to be careful with his games.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,876 posts | 7079 
      Reply #19: Oct 05, 2024 11:04:03 am
      Not confident for this one.  Combination of it being the first 12:30 post European game for Slot and a sluggish performance mid-week.  Just can't picture us winning the 9th of our opening 10. 

I really don't think we're going to be at our best.
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,569 posts | 1577 
      Reply #20: Oct 05, 2024 11:04:44 am
      your dropping dom, the one that covers the most ground every match, jesus its not just silky skills, there's no chance he's going out of this team

But if Grav and Mac are in attack mode, at that same time we need someone to protect the back four against a quick counter. Dom isn't disciplined enough for that. If we have a No 6, we will lessen the threat and also the goal scoring opportunities we currently offer the opponents.  Covering the most ground is only beneficial if it's in the right areas at the right time.  Just Saying.
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,569 posts | 1577 
      Reply #21: Oct 05, 2024 11:07:17 am
      Not confident for this one.  Combination of it being the first 12:30 post European game for Slot and a sluggish performance mid-week.  Just can't picture us winning the 9th of our opening 10. 

Im feeling a bit tetchy about this one as well. Just hoping it all comes together today and we can give them a good leathering.
      But I'm like this every pre match really.  :lmao: :lmao:
      FrenchRed
      • Forum Igor Biscan
      • Started Topic

• 121 posts | 20 
      Reply #22: Oct 05, 2024 11:11:46 am

Let's stay positive - it's gonna ruin my weekend if we lose or draw and, whilst our league position within the top 3/4 doesn't matter much at this stage, we need a strong finish before the break.  Plus the 2,000 odd who've travelled down to South London.  Forza LFC!

Quick Reply