Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Bmouth [Premier League] Sat 21st Sep @ 3:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 21st of September and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W16 D3 L7

Rafa gossip

Read 7611 times
      MsGerrard
      Re: Rafa gossip
      Reply #23: Feb 22, 2009 10:19:05 pm
      They can't wait for Rafa to go, so they can all say "I told you so"

It wouldn't surprise me in the slightest if Rafa goes in the summer, but I'm pretty certain he wouldn't leave mid-season, and especially immediately before a important match like we have coming up.

Not Benitez's style.

I would be very sad to see Rafa pushed over the edge, as he has put up with so much sh*te over the last year, it would be such a shame if he wasn't able to see things out.

Lamps and tables come to mind though  :mad:
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • 2009 LFC quiz champion (now to be known as "Kate")
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,522 posts | 3513 
      Reply #24: Feb 22, 2009 10:49:27 pm
      Yes Benitez has had a lot of sh*te to deal with, but he is hardly Mr Clean either. Constantly talking publically about the troubles of this that and the other. He's always being quoted in the press about what's going on at the club.

Some will say we as fans have a right to know what's going on and maybe we do, but in that case the yanks should be allowed to tell us what's going on without getting the sh*te they do. I'd rather everyone of them shut the F**k up and kept quiet about what's happening behind the scenes at Anfield.
      MsGerrard
      Reply #25: Feb 22, 2009 11:00:04 pm
      Impossible in this day and age though, you can't even fart without someone knowing about it and reporting it onto some forum or another  :mad:
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,522 posts | 3513 
      Reply #26: Feb 22, 2009 11:02:08 pm
      Well there's no need to go to the press every five minutes either moaning about something new.
      MsGerrard
      Reply #27: Feb 22, 2009 11:07:00 pm
      I agree with you DLS............it should be like the days of old when everything was kept behind closed doors.

What I'm saying is, it's not like that anymore, everybody is hungry to find information out, whether it be good or bad.

Media, TV, Papers, Websites are all after snippets of anything they can get there hands on.

And if they don't get anything they'll make it up anyway  :mad:
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,522 posts | 3513 
      Reply #28: Feb 22, 2009 11:21:06 pm
      The main problem is too many at the club don't understand the history and traditions of the club. One of the biggest traditions is we do keep problems in house, this certainly doesn't exist anymore and it's an utter disgrace.
      MsGerrard
      Reply #29: Feb 22, 2009 11:28:52 pm
      The main problem is too many at the club don't understand the history and traditions of the club. One of the biggest traditions is we do keep problems in house, this certainly doesn't exist anymore and it's an utter disgrace.

Couldn't agree more DLS
      MsGerrard
      Reply #30: Feb 22, 2009 11:32:23 pm
      WELL I FOR 1 HOPE HE GOES, I WOULD GIVE HIM THE PLANE FAIR MYSELF, ALL HE WANTS IS CHAMPIONS LEAUGE, EVEN THE 05 WIN WAS G HOULIER'S TEAM, NEVER FINISHES ABOVE 3RD, AND THIS SEASON WONT BE ANY DIFFERENT, 5 PINTS CLEAR OF THE SCUM ONLY 8 WEEKS AGO NOW THEY ARE 7 PINTS AHEAD, WHEN HE ( R B) STARTED WOFFELING OFF BOUT A FERGUSON, A F, MUST OF PISSED HIMSELF LAUGHING, WHATS D RESULTS BEEN LIKE SINCE THEN??? WHT OH F***ing WHY :mad: DO MOST POOL FANS LOVE HIM??????? WHATS HE DONE?????? NO NO NO NO NOT 05 AS I SAID THAT WAS G HOULIER TEAM, PLAYING THAT WASTE OF SPACE LUCAS AGAIN TODAY OH MY GOD WHAT A WASTE, REMINDS ME OF TRAORE, PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE RAFA GOOOOOOOOOOOO U CANT DO IT

Listen Mate.............Haven't you read the rules?

http://www.lfcreds.com/reds/index.php?topic=37.0

3. Do not post IN ALL CAPITAL LETTERS.
      Your post will be deleted - even if you spent 3 hours typing it.

And how many pints have you had before you wrote that crap  :tosser:

srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,944 posts | 5194 
      Reply #31: Feb 22, 2009 11:33:32 pm
      I don't want Rafa to go but I would not be surprised if we are looking for a new manager in the summer. He clearly isn't happy with the lack of support he is getting from the club.

I do agree that too much of the contract wranglings have been played out in public but maybe Rafa feels this is the only way to get what he feels is right for him and his development of the club.

It also amuses me that all the newspapers link Rafa with all the top jobs but constantly criticise him and his management of the club.

If Rafa was such a poor manager why would he be linked with so many top jobs?
      Adz
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,192 posts |
      Reply #32: Feb 22, 2009 11:44:40 pm
      It's a load of nonce. Everyone is trying to unsettle the club even more as they dislike/hate LFC.
      MsGerrard
      Reply #33: Feb 22, 2009 11:46:59 pm
      ^^^ Jealousy, because no matter what, we are still the most successful club in British football.
      Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Reply #34: Feb 22, 2009 11:54:03 pm
      You know what.... he will go. And then the yanks will eventually leave. And then Rafa will return before the new season. I had a dream it would happen :O
      Adz
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,192 posts |
      Reply #35: Feb 23, 2009 12:00:54 am
      irishjig69b, I understand that everyone has their own opinion but WTF are you on about, who are you going to play in CM when you have Stevie injured and Xabi suspended?

As for your question regarding what has he done, well he has won the Champions League in 2005, got to the final in 2007 and the semis in 2008, compare that record to Fergie's and see whose is better! He won the Super Cup 2005, FA Cup in 2006, FA Community Shield 2006 and he also got to the final of the Carling Cup in 2005 and he wasn't UEFA Champions League Manager of the Year for 2 successive season for nothing (03/04 and 04/05). .

May I ask whether you are a true LFC supporter because the majority of us on here will always back the club through thick and thin, we may show our frustration towards the players and the gaffer but we do not call for the manager or individual players to be gotten rid off when the going gets tough! :mad:

Also for your information the table shows how many points clubs have got not pints!  :f_tongueincheek:

I'm sure you enjoy your  :food-smiley-005: you can't stop thinking about them, can you?

:tosser:
      Adz
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,192 posts |
      Reply #36: Feb 23, 2009 12:03:41 am
      ^^^ Jealousy, because no matter what, we are still the most successful club in British football.

Guess so!
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 41,095 posts | 8981 
      Reply #37: Feb 23, 2009 12:34:50 am
      WELL I FOR 1 HOPE HE GOES, I WOULD GIVE HIM THE PLANE FAIR MYSELF, ALL HE WANTS IS CHAMPIONS LEAUGE, EVEN THE 05 WIN WAS G HOULIER'S TEAM, NEVER FINISHES ABOVE 3RD, AND THIS SEASON WONT BE ANY DIFFERENT, 5 PINTS CLEAR OF THE SCUM ONLY 8 WEEKS AGO NOW THEY ARE 7 PINTS AHEAD, WHEN HE ( R B) STARTED WOFFELING OFF BOUT A FERGUSON, A F, MUST OF PISSED HIMSELF LAUGHING, WHATS D RESULTS BEEN LIKE SINCE THEN??? WHT OH F***ing WHY  DO MOST POOL FANS LOVE HIM? WHATS HE DONE??? NO NO NO NO NOT 05 AS I SAID THAT WAS G HOULIER TEAM, PLAYING THAT WASTE OF SPACE LUCAS AGAIN TODAY OH MY GOD WHAT A WASTE, REMINDS ME OF TRAORE, PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE RAFA GOOOOOOOOOOOO U CANT DO IT

Where to start?

1. Everything Rafa said about that c**t Ferguson was bang on the money. Maybe he should of waited til later in the season to come out with it, but it need saying, simple as.

2. Big deal if it was Houllier's team that won our FIFTH European Cup, guess what? It was Rafa that coached them to that win.

3. Why do we love him? Probably cos he's a mad b***ard that doesn't give a F**k. Will that do.

4. Stick to Wkd's next time lad, you'll probably post something of sense next time. Plus you can't spell for sh*t!
      irishjig69b
      • Forum Youth Player

• 15 posts | -6 
      Reply #38: Feb 23, 2009 09:22:42 am
      well most people or proper fans now know he cant and wont bring us the title, we need a change, who here would like to see martin o neill as manager next season????
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,072 posts | 3983 
      Reply #39: Feb 23, 2009 10:16:56 am
      you're having a F***ing laugh lad ,its no good coming on here winding people up stick to your mancshite site.
      Richobaz
      • Only posts when we're losing...
      • Banned

• 869 posts | -98 
      Reply #40: Feb 23, 2009 10:29:16 am
      i'm getting a little bored of all this Rafa talk.  I think he brings a load of the sh*te on himself.  He's always in the media...expressing his views - why does he feel the need to do this allllll the time.  Just get on with your job and manage the reds. 

Contract...sign it...or feck off !
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,850 posts | 1889 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #41: Feb 23, 2009 10:31:46 am
      He only answers questions mate. And it is the board that are feckin up contracts not him!

Rafa is trying to get his next contract spot on, for him & his staff & his players.

Personally im 100% behind him on the contract stuff, he should not have to wait on parry all the time, he shoudl be able to go straight to the owners.

Rafa has actually stated that he only wants it sorted properly, and he is not making daft demands like the press are making out!

Richobaz
      • Only posts when we're losing...
      • Banned

• 869 posts | -98 
      Reply #42: Feb 23, 2009 10:35:36 am
      You aint got a clue what is in the contract - and what his demands are.  Why do we need to know the ins and out of his contract negotiations?  Let's be honest, it aint going to be that bad a deal is it.  He's manager of Liverpool FC!

The guy loves the media attention from what I can see - I wonder if he's aiming to go out with a bang !!
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,850 posts | 1889 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #43: Feb 23, 2009 10:40:08 am
      Where to start?

1. Everything Rafa said about that c**t Ferguson was bang on the money. Maybe he should of waited til later in the season to come out with it, but it need saying, simple as.

2. Big deal if it was Houllier's team that won our FIFTH European Cup, guess what? It was Rafa that coached them to that win.

3. Why do we love him? Probably cos he's a mad b***ard that doesn't give a f**k. Will that do.

4. Stick to Wkd's next time lad, you'll probably post something of sense next time. Plus you can't spell for sh*t!

Spot on mate.

I will add to that, who can remember how bad we were under souness & Evans, we challenged for sweet FA in those days, GH started to get us back to the top. Now we are back to the top in Europe, and we are competing for the league again, and we have the odd league & FA cup final as well.

Under Evans & souness we never hardly ever finsihed in the top 4, ffs Rafa has done that every year, except when we won the champions league, but that got us back in it.

Who is gonna do better, that is waht I ask anybody, except jose M & Fergie. who???

Rafa is one of the most respected coaches in Europe, he just seems to get so much flak in the UK. It's unbelievable.
      « Last Edit: Feb 23, 2009 10:56:36 am by brezipool »
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,850 posts | 1889 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #44: Feb 23, 2009 10:59:54 am
      You aint got a clue what is in the contract - and what his demands are.  Why do we need to know the ins and out of his contract negotiations?  Let's be honest, it aint going to be that bad a deal is it.  He's manager of Liverpool FC!

The guy loves the media attention from what I can see - I wonder if he's aiming to go out with a bang !!

Its true we don't know exactly. But we can only go on what the guy says, and if folk actually bothered to read or listen to his statements, he does not seem to bothered abt. it. so why shoudl we. the only thing he is bothered abt. is getting to 12 months without a new contract & not being able to sort out his staff. That I do know becuase it was a genine Interview, not some tabloid printed rubbish.
      irishjig69b
      • Forum Youth Player

• 15 posts | -6 
      Reply #45: Feb 23, 2009 11:12:31 am
      you're having a f**king laugh lad ,its no good coming on here winding people up stick to your mancshite site.

Unreal, you lot open your eyes. He cant do it.
      « Last Edit: Feb 23, 2009 11:17:52 am by ayrton77, Reason: Response should come after the quote, and stop using text language - look at the forum rules please. »

Quick Reply