Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Bmouth [Premier League] Sat 21st Sep @ 3:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 21st of September and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W16 D3 L7

England National Football Team

Read 383676 times
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,317 posts | 2220 
      Re: England National Football Team
      Reply #3427: Jun 07, 2024 09:51:15 pm
      Crikey - Southgate doing his best to make sure Sunak isn't the most hated man in England right now.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 17,994 posts | 2855 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #3428: Jun 08, 2024 10:22:17 am
      I do hope Southgate goes to UTD it will be awesome that couldn't pick his own nose let a team. Iceland beat England again but this time a Wembley f***in brilliant

Just bring Ole back, same difference 🤦ā€ā™‚ļø
      The-AllMightyReds
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 2,230 posts | 488 
      • In Klopp I trust
      Reply #3429: Jun 08, 2024 08:03:52 pm
      God England are boring to watch

Said nobody ever.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 41,095 posts | 8982 
      Reply #3430: Jun 09, 2024 01:46:11 pm

Said by just yourself lad!!

They're F***ing boring and lots of people say it, apart from southern and lower league flag shaggers.
      Kurt Cocaine
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,128 posts | 203 
      Reply #3431: Jun 09, 2024 02:16:29 pm
      Said by just yourself lad!!

They're F***ing boring and lots of people say it, apart from southern and lower league flag shaggers.
      I think The-AllMightyReds was actually agreeing with tezmac, but in a sarcastic way...  :laugh:
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 17,994 posts | 2855 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #3432: Jun 09, 2024 04:03:26 pm
      God England are boring to watch

Not half. 🤮🤮 To think he may end up at United 🤦ā€ā™‚ļø Personally donā€™t think it will happen but if he canā€™t score with that forward line against Iceland what chance has he got of United becoming a top 4 side again?

NONEā€¦. 🤢
      The-AllMightyReds
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 2,230 posts | 488 
      • In Klopp I trust
      Reply #3433: Jun 09, 2024 05:55:05 pm
      I think The-AllMightyReds was actually agreeing with tezmac, but in a sarcastic way...  :laugh:

Shhhhh. I like it when people get the wrong end of the stick. Guess it's out in the open now.  :f_wah:
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 38,306 posts | 7313 
      Reply #3434: Jun 10, 2024 09:29:14 am
      Watching England used be an event but with our weird press and even more weird fans they are bad losers and even worse winners.
      Looking forward to seeing how Scotland do will they get out the group
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,372 posts | 2858 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #3435: Jun 10, 2024 11:08:38 am
      England lost a game and, shock horror, Bukayo Saka's face was all across the internet as English websites reported the defeat. That he came on as a substitute and didn't even play for half an hour was hardly a consideration. Wonder why
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,372 posts | 2858 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #3436: Jun 10, 2024 11:09:22 am
      Not half. 🤮🤮 To think he may end up at United 🤦ā€ā™‚ļø Personally donā€™t think it will happen but if he canā€™t score with that forward line against Iceland what chance has he got of United becoming a top 4 side again?

NONEā€¦. 🤢

Southgate at United would be a joy to watch
      The-AllMightyReds
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 2,230 posts | 488 
      • In Klopp I trust
      Reply #3437: Jun 10, 2024 11:30:25 am
      England lost a game and, shock horror, Bukayo Saka's face was all across the internet as English websites reported the defeat. That he came on as a substitute and didn't even play for half an hour was hardly a consideration. Wonder why

That lad has to be one of the most overrated players today. Get's spoken about like he's world class, even gets mentioned in the same breath as Hazard and Salah.

Dude's won F***ing nothing in his career. Take away his penalty goals and he barely gets double figures in the league.
      The-AllMightyReds
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 2,230 posts | 488 
      • In Klopp I trust
      Reply #3438: Jun 10, 2024 12:15:18 pm
      Watching England used be an event but with our weird press and even more weird fans they are bad losers and even worse winners.
      Looking forward to seeing how Scotland do will they get out the group

https://www.theguardian.com/football/article/2024/jun/10/andrew-robertson-leaves-training-to-hand-scotland-latest-euros-injury-scare

Doubtful.
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,941 posts | 3991 
      Reply #3439: Jun 10, 2024 02:16:54 pm
      That lad has to be one of the most overrated players today. Get's spoken about like he's world class, even gets mentioned in the same breath as Hazard and Salah.

Dude's won F***ing nothing in his career. Take away his penalty goals and he barely gets double figures in the league.

Couldnā€™t agree more - would still take him as. Salah replacement though.
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,372 posts | 2858 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #3440: Jun 10, 2024 04:11:52 pm
      Saka is a quality player. Weird to talk about trophies won, he's 22. Salah was probably in Switzerland or flopping at Chelsea at his age.
      The-AllMightyReds
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 2,230 posts | 488 
      • In Klopp I trust
      Reply #3441: Jun 10, 2024 04:28:43 pm
      Saka is a quality player. Weird to talk about trophies won, he's 22. Salah was probably in Switzerland or flopping at Chelsea at his age.

Not saying he's not quality, but the constant yapping over how great he is when he's done nothing in his career to date is tedious. I get he's 22 but he gets spoken as if he's a 27 year old Ronaldinho regen in his prime, that was kinda my point. He's had 4 bites at the cherry with a team that's set out to win trophies to win things and hasn't, so I'm struggling to see the Liverpool Salah comparisons.
      -LFC-
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,425 posts | 1288 
      Reply #3442: Jun 10, 2024 05:16:40 pm
      Nobody would have any qualms if Saka was in our team. Quality player. Seems fairly down to earth as well. Shame the media went with him after the Iceland game but it's not a surprise.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 17,994 posts | 2855 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #3443: Jun 10, 2024 06:54:09 pm
      Nobody would have any qualms if Saka was in our team. Quality player. Seems fairly down to earth as well. Shame the media went with him after the Iceland game but it's not a surprise.

Totally agree with said comments.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,567 posts | 3799 
      Reply #3444: Jun 10, 2024 06:57:37 pm

What a strange take even more so judging him on trophies and goal stats

Have a look at what the likes of Mo were doing at that age

He is quality and would have him as Moā€™s replacement in a heart beat
      Harrisimo
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,660 posts | 1479 
      Reply #3445: Jun 16, 2024 06:35:43 pm
      v Serbia. Probably last go for Southgate for a trophy. Have to be a miserable git not to wish him good luck. Done his best. Lets see if he uses Trent in mid. Might not know his best team, I have little clue myself as I don't follow selections that closely.

1-3
      Harrisimo
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,660 posts | 1479 
      Reply #3446: Jun 16, 2024 07:24:00 pm
      Trent in midfield. Spreads the play, quality guaranteed. Arne will be watching for sure and we don't know how Arne sees it. If Trent dominates in this tournament in midfield it could be significant.
      alex1995
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,239 posts | 176 
      Reply #3447: Jun 17, 2024 06:29:05 am
      Trent in midfield. Spreads the play, quality guaranteed. Arne will be watching for sure and we don't know how Arne sees it. If Trent dominates in this tournament in midfield it could be significant.

Yes. I think it will be decisive. If he does well there, Slot will probably play him in midfield too.
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,941 posts | 3991 
      Reply #3448: Jun 17, 2024 12:00:35 pm
      Absolutely shocked by how much hate Trent gets on social media. I canā€™t believe it.
      The-AllMightyReds
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 2,230 posts | 488 
      • In Klopp I trust
      Reply #3449: Jun 17, 2024 12:28:56 pm
      Absolutely shocked by how much hate Trent gets on social media. I canā€™t believe it.

Well he does play for Liverpool, sooooo......that would probably explain why it's easier for them to attack him.

If it helps, just don't go looking to see what people are saying about him when you probably know it's not gonna be anything good.

Quick Reply