Trending Topics

Next match: Leipzig v LFC [Champions League] Wed 23rd Oct @ 8:00 pm - Pre Match Topic
      Red Bull Arena

Today is the 22nd of October and on this date LFC's match record is P31 W13 D8 L10

Alisson Becker Player Thread (GK)

Read 221047 times
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,963 posts | 3851 
      Re: Alisson Becker Player Thread (GK)
      Reply #1702: Oct 07, 2024 08:24:51 pm
      Most of us were surprised to see him back so quickly. The club and he played with fire and got burnt, simple as that.
      The manager and coaching staff made a judgement based on the player in training

There was no playing with fire etc
      lfc across the water
      • Needs a Klopp hug...Rafa's Number 1 fan...VAR has no faults Promoter
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,958 posts | 708 
      Reply #1703: Oct 09, 2024 09:46:12 am
      The manager knew that he had a hamstring injury going to Milan. He told us that after the game, but he still put him out there to risk it further, with 2 fully fit keepers available instead. On what planet does that decision make any sense? I would be disappointed if our PL2 Manager would do it, let alone the first team head coach. I've no doubt it was the same process for the Wolves game. If he trained a couple of times, he must be fine. Well the truth is, no he wasn't, just a week later and he's down again.

While the rest of the squad spent weeks trying to get to know the manager and his tactics running around training cones out in America in 100°c heat, his pre season consisted of one friendly and that was considered adequate preparation to start another long hard slog of a season, at 32 years of age. I'm no sports scientist, but considering he's already had 3 hamstring injuries recently, I would think very carefully before sending him out there if I don't absolutely have to do it.

As for his "clear No. 1" status, I said during last year's run in, changing a No. 1 can be done in an instant, but changing the also ran status in a title race can't. 
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,963 posts | 3851 
      Reply #1704: Oct 09, 2024 10:06:15 am
      The manager knew that he had a hamstring injury going to Milan. He told us that after the game, but he still put him out there to risk it further, with 2 fully fit keepers available instead. On what planet does that decision make any sense? I would be disappointed if our PL2 Manager would do it, let alone the first team head coach. I've no doubt it was the same process for the Wolves game. If he trained a couple of times, he must be fine. Well the truth is, no he wasn't, just a week later and he's down again.

While the rest of the squad spent weeks trying to get to know the manager and his tactics running around training cones out in America in 100°c heat, his pre season consisted of one friendly and that was considered adequate preparation to start another long hard slog of a season, at 32 years of age. I'm no sports scientist, but considering he's already had 3 hamstring injuries recently, I would think very carefully before sending him out there if I don't absolutely have to do it.

As for his "clear No. 1" status, I said during last year's run in, changing a No. 1 can be done in an instant, but changing the also ran status in a title race can't.

He is the clear number 1 and will be the clear number 1 until he leaves

He is the best GK in football
      The-AllMightyReds
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 2,433 posts | 527 
      • In Klopp I trust
      Reply #1705: Oct 09, 2024 10:09:21 am

The manager, like any manager works on the advice given by the head physio and club medical staff, only a numbnut would find a way to blame the manager. Arne is there everyday on the training pitch, you're not. He gets the judgement call based on their sharpness and shape in these sessions, you don't.

Ali's been here 6 years and never taken a back seat so the whole "#1 can change at any instant" clearly doesn't apply to him now does it?

In any case, you get to see your #1 player get a run of games....so what's the fuss about?
      « Last Edit: Oct 09, 2024 10:16:18 am by The-AllMightyReds »
      Kurt Cocaine
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,215 posts | 216 
      Reply #1706: Oct 09, 2024 01:01:59 pm
      Reported to be out till mid November...
      rossyred
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,662 posts | 1736 
      Reply #1707: Oct 09, 2024 01:26:25 pm
      As I said within the match thread minutes after he did it
      Don77

• 6,924 posts | 1241 
      Reply #1708: Oct 09, 2024 01:39:27 pm
      Reported to be out till mid November...

As expected. 6-8 weeks probably. Hardly rocket science. I was hoping it might not have been as bad as thought and settle down over the next couple of weeks. Going to miss some huge games. Kels wont let us down. Lets still be top when Ali returns.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly
      • Started Topic

• 41,250 posts | 9032 
      Reply #1709: Oct 09, 2024 01:57:26 pm

Didn't Alisson play in the Copa in the summer? So got the same time off as the rest of the South American lads!!

You love spouting uneducated crap!!
      __Tickle__
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,370 posts | 588 
      Reply #1710: Oct 09, 2024 02:08:48 pm
      To be fair it isn't a great look to see a player rushed back and then blow up again.

While we have Kevin in as back up we should be okay to give Alli all the time he needs.

We should consider giving him all the group stage CL games to take the load off as well.
      rossyred

• 9,662 posts | 1736 
      Reply #1711: Oct 09, 2024 02:11:38 pm
       :lmao:
      As expected. 6-8 weeks probably. Hardly rocket science. I was hoping it might not have been as bad as thought and settle down over the next couple of weeks. Going to miss some huge games. Kels wont let us down. Lets still be top when Ali returns.

What's not rocket science ?
      Kurt Cocaine
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,215 posts | 216 
      Reply #1712: Oct 09, 2024 02:29:35 pm
      Biology....
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly
      • Started Topic

• 41,250 posts | 9032 
      Reply #1713: Oct 09, 2024 02:31:13 pm
      To be fair it isn't a great look to see a player rushed back and then blow up again.

While we have Kevin in as back up we should be okay to give Alli all the time he needs.

We should consider giving him all the group stage CL games to take the load off as well.

Manager's decision on advice from the sports science crew.

Won't be the first time that happens to a player.

At least he won't be out for the full season, but turn up for ten mins in a game like Thiago did last year!!
      Longy-Shops
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,906 posts | 952 
      Reply #1714: Oct 09, 2024 04:06:50 pm
      Everything that isn't rocket science....literally
      lfc across the water
      • Needs a Klopp hug...Rafa's Number 1 fan...VAR has no faults Promoter
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,958 posts | 708 
      Reply #1715: Oct 09, 2024 08:51:34 pm
      Quote from The-AllMightyReds
      The manager, like any manager works on the advice given by the head physio and club medical staff. Arne is there everyday on the training pitch, you're not. He gets the judgement call based on their sharpness and shape in these sessions, you don't.

Ali's been here 6 years and never taken a back seat so the whole "#1 can change at any instant" clearly doesn't apply to him now does it?

What's more important, how long he's been here, or whether he's match fit or not? Not much point in him being clear No. 1, if/when he's not fit.

The manager knew about his injury before going to Milan and he still put him out there, so yes you can blame the manager for that. A dreadful mistake compounded by bringing him back before he was ready. I don't think he took any advice on his fitness before Wolves. Or if he did, the advice he got must have amounted to something not much more along the lines of "he's on the training pitch now, play him".

But Alisson wasn't fit. We know that now.

Quote from HUYTON RED
      Didn't Alisson play in the Copa in the summer? So got the same time off as the rest of the South American lads!!

Yeah, none of them have already had 2 injury absences this season. He has, and it's only October.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,963 posts | 3851 
      Reply #1716: Oct 12, 2024 05:05:12 pm
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 32,032 posts | 3024 
      Reply #1717: Oct 12, 2024 10:13:48 pm
      Manager's decision on advice from the sports science crew.

Won't be the first time that happens to a player.

At least he won't be out for the full season, but turn up for ten mins in a game like Thiago did last year!!

He’s a keeper and he misses at least 10-15 games a season.

F***ing joke and no wonder Arne wants a new keeper.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly
      • Started Topic

• 41,250 posts | 9032 
      Reply #1718: Oct 13, 2024 02:08:45 pm
      He’s a keeper and he misses at least 10-15 games a season.

F***ing joke and no wonder Arne wants a new keeper.

That's turning up in two years time and will probably take another year adapting to the league.

Yeah can't F***ing wait lad!!
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,898 posts | 3828 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #1719: Oct 14, 2024 05:13:36 am
      That's turning up in two years time and will probably take another year adapting to the league.

Yeah can't F***ing wait lad!!

Adapting to the league? He's a keeper no need to get familiar to the pace plus he played the Euros, not an inexperienced keeper.
      The-AllMightyReds
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 2,433 posts | 527 
      • In Klopp I trust
      Reply #1720: Oct 14, 2024 10:42:05 am
      Losing Ali, Trent, Mo and Virg in 1 summer will be too much for me. That'll only leave Robbo as the sole survivor of the PL/CL winning side.

Not sure my heart can take it  :f_wah:
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,725 posts | 4661 
      Reply #1721: Oct 14, 2024 10:49:58 am
      Losing Ali, Trent, Mo and Virg in 1 summer will be too much for me. That'll only leave Robbo as the sole survivor of the PL/CL winning side.

Not sure my heart can take it  :f_wah:

Hopefully it won’t be like when Hodgson took over which saw our top talent leave the club to be replaced by mediocre players..
      The-AllMightyReds
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 2,433 posts | 527 
      • In Klopp I trust
      Reply #1722: Oct 14, 2024 10:52:58 am
      Hopefully it won’t be like when Hodgson took over which saw our top talent leave the club to be replaced by mediocre players..

All eyes will be on FSG this summer to see how far they're willing to go to back Arne and his squad, shaping up to be the biggest summer under their tenure.

I remain hopeful, but I'm not getting my hopes up.
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,725 posts | 4661 
      Reply #1723: Oct 14, 2024 10:56:34 am
      All eyes will be on FSG this summer to see how far they're willing to go to back Arne and his squad, shaping up to be the biggest summer under their tenure.

I remain hopeful, but I'm not getting my hopes up.

Hopefully agent Lallana in Pyjamas might have some updates… he’s pretty close to JWH… 😉
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,736 posts | 1040 
      • F**k the Sun F**k Murdoch F**k the press and F**k
      Reply #1724: Oct 14, 2024 11:18:36 am
      Hopefully agent Lallana in Pyjamas might have some updates… he’s pretty close to JWH… 😉

Yes very close to his……..arsehole

Quick Reply