Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Bmouth [Premier League] Sat 21st Sep @ 3:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 21st of September and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W16 D3 L7

Curtis Jones Player Thread (M)

Read 94283 times
      Livershrew
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,707 posts | 404 
      Re: Curtis Jones Player Thread (M)
      Reply #874: Sep 15, 2024 01:07:12 am
      He's not sh*t. We've given him time and he is what he is. He hasn't really progressed like some thought he would and I think we've been more than fair with him. Time to explore options IMO

seen our midfield options? we've 1 injury. manager doesnt fancy endo.
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,889 posts | 3004 
      Reply #875: Sep 15, 2024 01:54:02 am
      He played well in pre season and looked like a system that suited him until he got his knock

He has had 15 mins this season

If Slot didn’t see anything there then he would have gone in the summer

How do you know he wasn’t on the transfer list and got no suitors?
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,058 posts | 6953 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #876: Sep 15, 2024 03:01:28 am
      How do you know he wasn’t on the transfer list and got no suitors?

Hopefully the Saudis come knocking with a 200 million pound bid in January 😂😂😂

The-AllMightyReds
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 2,230 posts | 488 
      • In Klopp I trust
      Reply #877: Sep 15, 2024 03:33:05 am
      Hopefully the Saudis come knocking with a 200 million pound bid in January 😂😂😂

Even if it's paid in riyals, it would suffice.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,944 posts | 5194 
      Reply #878: Sep 15, 2024 10:35:14 am
      He does need to push on this season and properly establish himself but to judge him this season on 15 mins is plain crazy
      Don77
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,762 posts | 1193 
      Reply #879: Sep 15, 2024 11:06:35 am
      He does need to push on this season and properly establish himself but to judge him this season on 15 mins is plain crazy

I agree with you 100%. But ive seen nothing in 5 years to even remotely suggest he can hang at this level. Yet he got a new contract.

If he was sold today nobody would bat an eyelid or remember him next week
      KeepTheFaith
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,757 posts | 282 
      Reply #880: Sep 15, 2024 11:46:55 am
      I think it’s harsh on him and now that the dust has settled

It’s not his fault but the issue is he is meant to be our first call so to speak if someone is injured or fighting for a starting place

The true problem is we seriously can’t rotate much in midfield due to a lack of quality  and depth

At our best we had a lot of options for players who can come in for a game or two and do well but it doesn’t seem to be the case anymore

I can see jones starting on Tuesday or else we will be stuck using the same 3 players

This could be a bad season for jones, why? Because we are relying on him to be the main man when he is on the pitch this season and he has expectations now

It’s frustrating as it should not be the case as there should be other options
      Arab Scouse
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,358 posts | 873 
      Reply #881: Sep 15, 2024 11:47:19 am
      If he does get more minutes I just hope he will be better than Soboszlai
      Fabio Aurelio
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 911 posts | 130 
      Reply #882: Sep 15, 2024 12:07:18 pm
      It’s insane to me that Jones is taking the wrath from some people. Diaz was getting stick after Ipswich and Gravenberch had a ton of stick last season only to now be one of the favourites. Yes the latter’s performances have improved, but he was unfairly the scapegoat at times last season. Some of the comments were laughable. Football fans can be incredibly reactive and they love to stick the knife in. It was a crap TEAM performance overall.

I’m not a huge fan of Jones and I don’t think he will get too much better than he is currently. The injuries are a problem and when I compare him to Szob, Grav, Mac, Elliot, I feel he has the least potential. If he doesn’t progress this season or can’t stay fit, then I don’t mind if he gets moved on. He probably should be moved on in that case.

Saying that, as a player who I assume is on average wages and is homegrown, imo he has shown enough to justify a place in the squad and I wouldn’t be surprised if he puts a decent run of performances together at some point. He will never be world class but IF he can stay fit he can still have a place here. The injuries are very annoying and he is capable of frustrating performances, but I wasn’t coming out of this game feeling that Curtis Jones was one of our major problems yesterday afternoon. I honestly don’t understand how you could. Let’s give him a few games under a new manager to see what he can do.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 41,095 posts | 8981 
      Reply #883: Sep 15, 2024 12:09:45 pm
      It’s insane to me that Jones is taking the wrath from some people. Diaz was getting stick after Ipswich and Gravenberch had a ton of stick last season only to now be one of the favourites. Yes the latter’s performances have improved, but he was unfairly the scapegoat at times last season. Some of the comments were laughable. Football fans can be incredibly reactive and they love to stick the knife in. It was a crap TEAM performance overall.

I’m not a huge fan of Jones and I don’t think he will get too much better than he is currently. The injuries are a problem and when I compare him to Szob, Grav, Mac, Elliot, I feel he has the least potential. If he doesn’t progress this season or can’t stay fit, then I don’t mind if he gets moved on. He probably should be moved on in that case.

Saying that, as a player who I assume is on average wages and is homegrown, imo he has shown enough to justify a place in the squad and I wouldn’t be surprised if he puts a decent run of performances together at some point. He will never be world class but IF he can stay fit he can still have a place here. The injuries are very annoying and he is capable of frustrating performances, but I wasn’t coming out of this game feeling that Curtis Jones was one of our major problems yesterday afternoon. I honestly don’t understand how you could. Let’s give him a few games under a new manager to see what he can do.

Because he came through the club rather than cost £40 million.

Right now if I was Curtis I'd let his crazy arse sister deal with any questions from fans :laugh:

AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,058 posts | 6953 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #884: Sep 16, 2024 12:49:43 am

Not just 15 minutes though really, is it?

Probably count on one hand the exceptional stuff he's done the last few years.

Don't think Slot will keep him around after January, personally.

The-AllMightyReds
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 2,230 posts | 488 
      • In Klopp I trust
      Reply #885: Sep 16, 2024 01:04:00 am
      Not just 15 minutes though really, is it?

Probably count on one hand the exceptional stuff he's done the last few years.

Don't think Slot will keep him around after January, personally.

Is it so hard for people to wrap their heads around players being judged overall during their time at the club? Unless everything that preceded the last 4 games automatically gets forgotten about?

It’s 15 more mins on top of the previous 5 years of pure mediocrity that’s the problem.

FrenchRed
      • Forum Ronny Rosenthal

• 99 posts | 15 
      Reply #886: Sep 17, 2024 02:30:23 pm

I agree that too many people are too quick to jump on the bandwagon and scapegoat players.  I don't recall Ryan having too much game time under Klopp and so, as a bit part player, he never really had the chance to integrate himself into the team. 

Equally I think there was a bit of a hangover amongst some of the fans after the failed Caicedo and Lavia bids, with both Ryan and 'Who the f**k is' Wataru Endo seen as last minute poundshop replacements. 

As far as Curtis Jones is concerned, he'll turn 24 in January and if he was going to claim a regular starting place he should/would have done so by now.  1 goal and 1 assist in 23 league starts last season suggests to me that he's come about as far as he's ever gonna go with us and, at best, he's championship fodder. 
      Kurt Cocaine
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,128 posts | 203 
      Reply #887: Sep 17, 2024 10:29:58 pm
      I think we may have to cut our losses with young Curtis and pass him on to say, the likes of West Ham for say, a sweet cool bargain of £60m..
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,566 posts | 3798 
      Reply #888: Yesterday at 09:42:26 am

Quick Reply