Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Bmouth [Premier League] Sat 21st Sep @ 3:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 19th of September and on this date LFC's match record is P31 W14 D7 L10

Arne Slot - LFC Manager (Head Coach)

Read 29052 times
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 38,300 posts | 7312 
      Re: Arne Slot - LFC Manager (Head Coach)
      Reply #598: Sep 16, 2024 12:15:11 pm
      Consensus from the experts was we have become boring and slow which maybe a reflection on the atmosphere. The crowd are going have to get of their backsides and create the atmosphere to help the lads out
      Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,712 posts | 1621 
      • "If you are second, you are nothing."
      Reply #599: Sep 16, 2024 12:21:28 pm
      I quite like the slow methodical approach. There were times we looked to have analysis paralysis but that's to be expected from the majority of players that have played heavy metal football for most of their career.
      When we do it right (first three games) it looks great, but if we get it wrong, it looks bad.

Slot wasn't the greatest ever LFC manager after three games and he's not the worst after that fourth game. Forest was a steep learning curve for everyone, Slot included, and I'm happy with that. It's to be expected. So I still say a Champions League place for next season will be a success. Anything else is a bonus.
      The-AllMightyReds
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 2,224 posts | 484 
      • In Klopp I trust
      Reply #600: Sep 16, 2024 01:07:37 pm
      Consensus from the experts was we have become boring and slow which maybe a reflection on the atmosphere. The crowd are going have to get of their backsides and create the atmosphere to help the lads out

Well compared to the style we've been so accustomed to the last 10 years, yes it is slower and boring (or patient)......anything would be.

The Anfield crowd have been a reactionary bunch for as long as I can remember, but this doesn't only apply to Anfield, the landscape of football is changing, but I think once the conclusion into City's breaches are known, it'll shift the landscape back in a certain direction where fans can have some comfort and enjoy going to games again. Even sitting in front of the TV watching games, I don't get the same excitement as I once did and thus don't make as much noise. It's on the players (or even the ref) to trigger that emotion out of the fans now.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 34,082 posts | 4123 
      • Does anyone ever listen to him?
      Reply #601: Sep 16, 2024 01:17:14 pm
      The first three games worked well against teams that pressed.

Now Slot has to face up to the same issue Klopp had, beating a low block.

New manager. Same problems.
      Harrisimo
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,659 posts | 1478 
      Reply #602: Sep 16, 2024 01:19:07 pm
      May be a slight case of over coaching. Go back to Souness. Signed by Sir Bob for £350,000.Big fee in those days. Nobody said a word to him about tactics or playing style and after about 3 weeks Souness asks Joe Fagan for some advice about how to play...

Joe.." We just paid £350 grand for you.....and your asking ME how to f'kin play.."....walked off scratching his head in disbelief..
      The-AllMightyReds
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 2,224 posts | 484 
      • In Klopp I trust
      Reply #603: Sep 16, 2024 01:23:42 pm

Well we know 1 way in which it doesn't work, so hopefully we don't go into the Bournemouth game doing the same rubbish.

We smashed many low block teams when we were at our best, unless you have someone like an Ozil, Coutinho, Silva to unlock defences you need fast starts and you need fullbacks flying down the wing and putting in quality crosses.
      Harrisimo
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,659 posts | 1478 
      Reply #604: Sep 16, 2024 01:27:59 pm
      Tactics : A. Get the ball. B.Put in their net ASAP.

Any questions. No...now get out there and f'kin do it.
      The-AllMightyReds
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 2,224 posts | 484 
      • In Klopp I trust
      Reply #605: Sep 16, 2024 01:35:50 pm

Think you've nailed it with this Harris.  :lmao:
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,138 posts | 5153 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #606: Sep 16, 2024 04:48:57 pm

And coming up against losing momentum because of the pointless international break, yes it was the same for other teams but most of those other teams weren’t trying to build on the excellent start we had made,  while in transition, with a new slightly different system to what most were used to under Jürgen, ….we had several returning from far off places like South America,playing in perhaps differing systems/ positions, factor in travel, different time zones, and having less than 3 days to prepare and re acclimatise,

We looked like it was our first match of the season with all the rustiness that that can bring, passing was off, both in pace & timing simply put, we didn’t have enough time to properly prepare, we lost two weeks off the football calendar so instead of having 22 days to fit in five matches we have to fit in seven in the same 22 days, that’s nice and healthy for the players isn’t it, that’s looking after the well being of you’re prized assets, thanks to the f***in idiots at UEFA,
      Can someone please explain to me the point and meaning of this abhorrent Euro Nations league, aside of course of the greedy f***in fuckpigs who obviously can’t take their snouts out of the trough any longer the five seconds, ….

We already have the Euro’s, we already have the World Cup, we’ve seen how the CL league has been extended again for no other reason but for money….

…when will it end ??

YNWA

Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,562 posts | 3797 
      Reply #607: Sep 16, 2024 04:51:35 pm

And coming up against losing momentum because of the pointless international break, yes it was the same for other teams but most of those other teams weren’t trying to build on the excellent start we had made,  while in transition, with a new slightly different system to what most were used to under Jürgen, ….we had several returning from far off places like South America,playing in perhaps differing systems/ positions, factor in travel, different time zones, and having less than 3 days to prepare and re acclimatise,

We looked like it was our first match of the season with all the rustiness that that can bring, passing was off, both in pace & timing simply put, we didn’t have enough time to properly prepare, we lost two weeks off the football calendar so instead of having 22 days to fit in five matches we have to fit in seven in the same 22 days, that’s nice and healthy for the players isn’t it, that’s looking after the well being of you’re prized assets, thanks to the f***in idiots at UEFA,
      Can someone please explain to me the point and meaning of this abhorrent Euro Nations league, aside of course of the greedy f***in fuckpigs who obviously can’t take their snouts out of the trough any longer the five seconds, ….

We already have the Euro’s, we already have the World Cup, we’ve seen how the CL league has been extended again for no other reason but for money….

…when will it end ??

YNWA

Only going to get worse with the extended Club World Cup that FIFA have started
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,642 posts | 1028 
      • F**k the Sun F**k Murdoch F**k the press and F**k
      Reply #608: Sep 16, 2024 09:27:41 pm
      Looked lost on Saturday
      Longy-Shops
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,800 posts | 922 
      Reply #609: Sep 16, 2024 09:53:32 pm

You neglect to mention the collective amnesia that kicks in after going away with your national side: Namely, forgetting what a ball is, and, forgetting what a net is.
      (except for the Arsenal players...the Chelsea players...the Man City and United players....and the Villa players that is, who are miraculously immune. )
      king kenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,253 posts | 482 
      Reply #610: Sep 17, 2024 12:45:04 am
      You neglect to mention the collective amnesia that kicks in after going away with your national side: Namely, forgetting what a ball is, and, forgetting what a net is.
      (except for the Arsenal players...the Chelsea players...the Man City and United players....and the Villa players that is, who are miraculously immune. )

Which team actually played well.  The north London derby was settled by a single goal which was a set piece.  Shitty beat Brentford 2-1.   Utd should have been a goal down and that could have change the game, the missed penalty.  The international break effects all teams especially the big teams with their players going around the globe.  It's just that we have been biten first.  It was a bad day at the office.
      king kenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,253 posts | 482 
      Reply #611: Sep 17, 2024 12:47:53 am

…when will it end ??

YNWA

It's as if with the attempts of the Super League, UEFA and co. are trying to fill any potential gaps that could be used and more. 
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,050 posts | 6951 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #612: Sep 17, 2024 05:50:44 am

Spot on mate.

Hindsight is wonderful  ;D but one of my first questions I would have asked Arne in the interview process is

" so we struggled with the low block for a fair few years now...got any ideas how to break it down?"
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,848 posts | 1889 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #613: Sep 17, 2024 06:48:05 am

…when will it end ??

YNWA

Nations league has been brilliant for Scotland. So I love it.

Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 17,991 posts | 2855 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #614: Sep 17, 2024 07:31:06 am
      Nations league has been brilliant for Scotland. So I love it.

You Scots have low standards Brez 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿 Billy the same. 😂
      Longy-Shops
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,800 posts | 922 
      Reply #615: Sep 17, 2024 11:26:41 am
      Which team actually played well.  The north London derby was settled by a single goal which was a set piece.  Shitty beat Brentford 2-1.   Utd should have been a goal down and that could have change the game, the missed penalty.  The international break effects all teams especially the big teams with their players going around the globe.  It's just that we have been biten first.  It was a bad day at the office.
      My amnesia post was a tad tongue in cheek: 
      You'll know that you can't quantify a performance just on goals scored, for example; we battered Utd in the cup and lost....anyway, I contend the International break has zero impact on the players...you think different...that's you're call.
      It really was just a bad day at the office (so to speak).
      verde-rubro
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 2,049 posts | 233 
      Reply #616: Sep 17, 2024 08:07:24 pm
      As opposed to Portuguese ones ?  :f_whistle:
      bell end

verde-rubro
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 2,049 posts | 233 
      Reply #617: Sep 17, 2024 08:08:49 pm
      I'd guess you didn't have a fondness for German managers until he proved you wrong!

And another bell end
      verde-rubro
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 2,049 posts | 233 
      Reply #618: Sep 17, 2024 08:15:51 pm
      So no-one is allowed to have an opinion
      « Last Edit: Sep 17, 2024 08:40:50 pm by verde-rubro »
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,848 posts | 1889 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #619: Sep 17, 2024 08:46:22 pm
      You Scots have low standards Brez 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿 Billy the same. 😂

Group A mate. Engguurrlaaand relegated to B. L o l
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,853 posts | 3793 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #620: Today at 05:29:03 am
      As I said before in other player threads, he does not any 'obligation' to any player since he was not the person who wanted the transfer. He can drop, rotate or play how he wants, who he wants and won't look bad in their eyes.

Ironically, the players can say the same but they won't look great if want a transfer and not playing well.

Quick Reply