Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Bmouth [Premier League] Sat 21st Sep @ 3:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 21st of September and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W16 D3 L7

Anthony Gordon (Newcastle United)

Read 6108 times
      -LFC-
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,425 posts | 1288 
      Re: Anthony Gordon (Newcastle United)
      Reply #92: Jul 31, 2024 10:28:34 pm
      It's being reported after that fact that there was supposedly a deal in place for the Gomez/Gordon swap. Since the story is being "leaked" now, weeks after it supposedly happened, people are surmising that Liverpool still want Gordon and that Gomez is itching for a move. I don't know that I believe there's really anything to it to be honest.

Tbh I thought that story came out a couple of weeks back. I'm not a huge fan of Gordon. He is I would say worth £30-£40m. True he would offer greater longevity, and he may be more productive, but is he next level? Not for me. That would be someone like Nico Williams. Maybe I'm slightly prejudiced because Gordon is an ex-bitter and I used to think he was a little sh*t (I think I still do).
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,138 posts | 5153 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #93: Aug 01, 2024 03:13:30 pm
      Don't let a good lie get in front of facts, last season Gordon had 11 goals and 10 assists in 35 league games so yes last season he was loads better than Diaz.

But playing in a different system, you or anyone else cannot compare, Diaz didn’t have a great season but you can say that about most of our squad, Gordon is a good player but he’s not a good enough upgrade to what we already have, we play a progressively pressing system and that won’t change with Arne, in fact I think he’ll want to press more aggressively but with more control,
      We have Gakpo, Jota, Nunez, Carvalho who can all play left side as well as Diaz so why the F**k would we need another player who doesn’t necessarily make us better,

And again I’ll reiterate, why would we sell Joe Gomez to help fund a pointless transfer, it just doesn’t make sense, I think and believe that Joe knows his value as a player, he’s gold dust to managers because of his versatility, he is also aware that he or anyone else isn’t guaranteed a starting berth each and every week and knows he will have to be patient, but he is more likely to be given the nod because he can operate in different positions,

He had a great season last season, one of his best imo, at 27, he’s approaching his peak so we’ve yet to see the best of him, so to Chuck all that away, all his experience, all of his versatility would be absolutely f***in mental, for what, to sign a player who at best is equal to what we already have, ….Brain dead !!!

YNWA
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 32,035 posts | 6624 
      Reply #94: Aug 01, 2024 03:54:45 pm
      Gordon can play anywhere across the front 3 as well so that certainly ticks a box. The ability to have someone that can give Salah an actual break from time to time would be nice.
      Scottbot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,836 posts | 2255 
      Reply #95: Aug 04, 2024 11:09:22 am
      We have Gakpo, Jota, Nunez, Carvalho who can all play left side as well as Diaz so why the F**k would we need another player who doesn’t necessarily make us better,

The player could be pushing for a move, we heard a few sound bites coming from his camp about his dream to play for Barca. I like Diaz but quite possibly the manager prefers Gordon. It’s all quite feasible I reckon. Time will tell I guess. As for selling Gomez, a few reports suggested he was offered. Enough to suggest there may be some truth in it.
      Scottbot

• 9,836 posts | 2255 
      Reply #96: Aug 07, 2024 01:58:33 pm
      With Barca agreeing a deal for Dani Olmo it seems unlikely that Diaz is still in their sights and Therefore a move for Gordon seems less likely.
      « Last Edit: Aug 07, 2024 02:08:27 pm by Scottbot »
      rossyred

• 9,595 posts | 1728 
      Reply #97: Aug 13, 2024 09:43:26 pm
      Gone all quiet . Has he s8gned a new contract ? Only way this happens if.Diaz goes
      Aminegriffy
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,830 posts | 168 
      Reply #98: Aug 13, 2024 09:49:29 pm
      Newcastle would never sell this late and its so idiotic to even sell Diaz this late as well. We need to try for him in January.
      Kurt Cocaine
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,128 posts | 203 
      Reply #99: Aug 13, 2024 09:50:23 pm
      Keep Diaz. I'm sniffing a good season out of him....
      KeepTheFaith
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,757 posts | 282 
      Reply #100: Aug 13, 2024 10:27:24 pm
      Never understood going for him unless we sold someone
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 32,035 posts | 6624 
      Reply #101: Aug 13, 2024 11:12:40 pm
      Never understood going for him unless we sold someone

Don't you know...we are Opportunistic FC now.

We only go for targets that pop up available out of nowhere.
      The-AllMightyReds
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 2,230 posts | 488 
      • In Klopp I trust
      Reply #102: Aug 14, 2024 10:01:10 am
      Gone all quiet . Has he s8gned a new contract ? Only way this happens if.Diaz goes

Good. Maybe we've come to our senses that we don't need the guy seeing as we have 4 guys who can all play where he does.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 41,095 posts | 8981 
      Reply #103: Aug 14, 2024 02:27:35 pm
      Don't you know...we are Opportunistic FC now.

We only go for targets that pop up available out of nowhere.

You mean ones that have previously been scouted but have not been mentioned in the press.

Those out of nowhere targets!!

Quick Reply