Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Bmouth [Premier League] Sat 21st Sep @ 3:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 21st of September and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W16 D3 L7

Federico Chiesa (Juventus)

Read 5572 times
      Kurt Cocaine
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,128 posts | 203 
      Re: Federico Chiesa (Juventus)
      Reply #207: Aug 28, 2024 01:52:06 pm
      Great signing, in my eyes a bargain (fitness permitting of course)....
      Mo can't play every game, so be a good rotation with Chiesa...
      AlwaysTheKop
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,809 posts | 1568 
      • CHAMP19NS.
      Reply #208: Aug 28, 2024 01:54:14 pm
      Hopefully this ain’t just to keep fans settled, we need other positions a lot more, but I guess at that price, if his wages aren’t ridiculous, then you can’t complain about them having a go… just hope that isn’t the last one through the door this window.
      Breeding-Reds-In-The-434
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,454 posts | 1171 
      Reply #209: Aug 28, 2024 01:56:33 pm
      This is a great move, boys. At worst he's Shaq (who contributed to some big moments while he was here and was a good squad player) and at best he's a legit forward who will play in all 3 positions and create a lot of goals and help us win a lot of games.

When these moves comes up for this price you take em. You can bi*ch about FSG all you want, but they know a great business decision when they see one
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,139 posts | 5153 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #210: Aug 28, 2024 02:05:29 pm
      Thought priorities   was a No 6  :roll:

Might still be, atm, we’re trialling Grav, and it’s looking good, we also have young Bajcetic to come in,but he’s for the future,  what we’re looking at is two for each position with quality being the main aim, the difference between us and you’re lot is we buy smart, whereas you’re lot it’s like buying for buying sake and hope they fit in,

It’s early days yet for Gravenberch in that position and we have players who can fill the role periodically and wait for the right player to become available, if indeed we play with a 6,

Chiesa is another smart acquisition, he’s 26, approaching his peak years, has experience at the highest of levels and could prove pivotal if we were to lose Mo or Jota to injury, he’s versatile and can play along the top three, @ €15m it’s a f***in bargain, looks like we’ve agreed to sign him according to Sly sports,

Very smart business this, Arne’s first signing, and I like it !!

YNWA

Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,567 posts | 3799 
      Reply #211: Aug 28, 2024 02:07:23 pm
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 34,086 posts | 4128 
      • Does anyone ever listen to him?
      Reply #212: Aug 28, 2024 02:16:55 pm
      He's getting cheaper as the day goes on.

https://x.com/_pauljoyce/status/1828778552663371863
      AlwaysTheKop
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,809 posts | 1568 
      • CHAMP19NS.
      Reply #213: Aug 28, 2024 02:17:42 pm
      When you think about it… Bournemouth selling Solanke to Spurs has literally paid for most of this…  :lmao:
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,941 posts | 3991 
      Reply #214: Aug 28, 2024 02:19:54 pm
      Just looking at his stats, played 33 league games last season - what’s the big fuss about (re injuries)
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,567 posts | 3799 
      Reply #215: Aug 28, 2024 02:22:21 pm
      Just looking at his stats, played 33 league games last season - what’s the big fuss about (re injuries)

It’s people looking to find a way ti be negative about it

https://x.com/ptgorst/status/1828783615309664466?s=46&t=_4uI6CiVRqge8WqM7F37Iw
      sore monad
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,166 posts | 584 
      Reply #216: Aug 28, 2024 02:23:48 pm
      Cover for Mo n Jota initially but with Mo going into the last year of his contract there is obviously a good chance he will be gone next summer. No doubt the club will be hoping Chiesa could be a long term replacement. That would be a huge ask obviously and they will have won a watch if they can get a replacement for Mo that cheap but they will be secretly hoping he turns out to be upto it.

At that price it is obviously not much of a gamble. He should provide good cover this season as a minimum. Next season we could have a serious problem if Mo, Trent n Virg all depart, so I think it is not at all surprising we are getting in somebody now to see what they can do in at least 1 of those areas.
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,139 posts | 5153 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #217: Aug 28, 2024 02:33:59 pm

Think it’s a strange buy unless you lot doing what you normally do and a No 6 still up your sleeve that we're not aware of yet. The way things stand you haven’t improved on last year you’ve deteriorated.

We’ve deteriorated but have won two of our opening fixtures and kept clean sheets in both, give yer heid a wobble fat lad, if we’ve deteriorated how would you describe you’re lot, I think you’re worried, you know we don’t sign sh*te players like Anthony, or that useless Cnut Fred, all you see is us without Jürgen, and we’ll be worse off without him,

We will miss him, we do, but we move on, we recognise that perhaps a change was the best thing for us as a club to move forward, a fresh start, perhaps a new more modern style of football, Arne Slot may not have the pedigree of a Jürgen Klopp or indeed his noteriety, but he’s up there with the best new style of manager coming thru, he’s more of a coach than a manager, he is more hands on,

I’m liking what I’ve seen so far, Red tints or not, we’ll all have to get used to Arne’s way, and that may take a little time, but make no mistake, FSG do not make shitty appointments like a ETH, they would have been meticulous finding Jürgen’s successor, they wanted someone who can continue the transition Jürgen started, and obviously put his own thoughts and ideas in, they’ve chosen Arne Slot and I think they’ve got it right,

Congratulations on being a total Cnut, for someone who is purportedly quite intelligent, you don’t have talk some absolute bollocks, deteriorated, My Arse !! 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

YNWA
      __Tickle__
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,238 posts | 548 
      Reply #218: Aug 28, 2024 02:35:33 pm
      Fair play to Romano who did break the news first, when it comes to italians/serie a he’ll probs be the most reliable out there.

Still waiting for that here we gooooo

Gets some stick on here I think he's very good personally.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,312 posts | 4437 
      Reply #219: Aug 28, 2024 02:52:06 pm
      I doubt he will be coming here as cover for anyone unless of course Slot is moving to his preferred 4231. He can play anywhere across that front 3. Plus it places less emphasis on a single No6.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 32,036 posts | 6624 
      Reply #220: Aug 28, 2024 02:57:18 pm
      Pearce saying no outgoings in our forward line so we'll have basically 2 players for each spot. Works for me.
      king kenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,253 posts | 482 
      Reply #221: Aug 28, 2024 03:05:04 pm
      I think we need the 6 forward plus any youngsters.  Salah isn't a spring chicken anymore expecting him to play 3 games a week through the he season is a big ask.  More games then ever before with the champions league.

Now let's get some experience for the engine room.  Or a more pressing issue a cb.
      The-AllMightyReds
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 2,230 posts | 488 
      • In Klopp I trust
      Reply #222: Aug 28, 2024 03:09:23 pm
      Gets some stick on here I think he's very good personally.

I think it's the sheer volume he tweets, there isn't anyone else quite like him out there doing to that scale and it irritates people, but I'm not gonna jump on the guy for doing what he needs to do, obviously doing well for himself and apparently earning 80-90k a month.

Saw a little documentary last year on him where he's getting around from city to city country to country, travelling in about 10 cabs a day, making and taking about 1000 calls a day, he puts in shift in so can't fault him for that.

But back to Chiesa, hopefully an announcement soon. Can't wait for that first interview.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 34,086 posts | 4128 
      Reply #223: Aug 28, 2024 03:14:21 pm
      The-AllMightyReds
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 2,230 posts | 488 
      • In Klopp I trust
      Reply #224: Aug 28, 2024 03:16:57 pm

& he's also featured in 7 of the 8 games for Italy so far in 2024 (unused sub in 1 of the friendlies). One of Italy's brightest players at the Euros along with Bastoni and Calafiori in an otherwise terrible Italy side.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 34,086 posts | 4128 
      Reply #225: Aug 28, 2024 03:19:11 pm
      Hope he takes the 14
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,567 posts | 3799 
      Reply #226: Aug 28, 2024 03:20:24 pm

Maybe 22 or 25 - numbers he has had before
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,854 posts | 3793 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #227: Aug 28, 2024 03:24:40 pm
      I watch a lot of Serie A due to Malta being so close.

He is a brilliant player, hope that his injuries are behind him.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 34,086 posts | 4128 
      Reply #228: Aug 28, 2024 03:27:04 pm
      Maybe 22 or 25 - numbers he has had before

14 he has worn for Italy.
      22 the number he started with at Juventus so maybe.
      -LFC-
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,425 posts | 1288 
      Reply #229: Aug 28, 2024 03:29:25 pm
      When you think about it… Bournemouth selling Solanke to Spurs has literally paid for most of this…  :lmao:

Bobby Clarke even. Unbelievable price. Who would've thought that a couple of years ago.

Quick Reply