Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Bmouth [Premier League] Sat 21st Sep @ 3:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 21st of September and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W16 D3 L7

Federico Chiesa Player Thread (F)

Read 3454 times
      Longy-Shops
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,801 posts | 922 
      Re: Federico Chiesa Player Thread (F)
      Reply #92: Aug 30, 2024 03:06:35 pm
      Your whole analogy falls flat on the premise that LFC doesn't "need" another attacking player. But apparently they feel that they did. Someone to backup Salah and possibly play in the other forward positions when needed or as a regular. There is also the idea that he is a "nice to have"...so they weren't actively looking to pay top dollar but when a player they've admired is available for a seemingly cut rate...you go ahead and buy them because they can play a part and if he doesn't work out...you aren't out much. This really isn't hard to process. You seem to have a desire to make this analogy of yours work when in reality it really doesn't hold up.
      I made a point via an analogy, some understood it at face value and others chose not to. I couldn't give a monkeys. I don't post on here to be right or wrong...I post items that satisfy my own perspective on the issues around the club...some of which might be of interest to others...but I don't fret if it's not understood or ignored...or even from time to time elicit's mirth or, dare I say verbal abuse.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 32,035 posts | 6624 
      Reply #93: Aug 30, 2024 03:26:02 pm
      I made a point via an analogy, some understood it at face value and others chose not to. I couldn't give a monkeys. I don't post on here to be right or wrong...I post items that satisfy my own perspective on the issues around the club...some of which might be of interest to others...but I don't fret if it's not understood or ignored...or even from time to time elicit's mirth or, dare I say verbal abuse.

I think the sheer number of posts you've made in defense of your analogy would suggest otherwise. Cheers.
      Longy-Shops
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,801 posts | 922 
      Reply #94: Aug 30, 2024 03:45:56 pm
      You've insulted me many times before, but not this one. A car is a car is a car to me.

Your valuations are ridiculous. Mbappe was valued at 300m last year, this year he went for nothing. Has he suddenly nosedived from Ballon d'Or candidate to crap in your eyes?

We did our due diligence on him, we were given an asking price and we agreed to pay it. 30 years ago, it would have been a world record fee. Would that have persuaded you?
      Let's just analyse your first sentence: " A car is a car is a car to me" I trust this is your honest view and that you believe there is no quantifiable reason why a brand new Rolls Royce should cost any more than a 10 year old Ford. This is fine, it's your judgement...but you would be wrong....I have news for you....there is a massive difference in their value.
      As for Mbappe's value....If we accept he was 300M last year....then that was what he was worth to PSG, as they held his registration. The player didn't want to sign a new contract (as is his want) and the club couldn't force him to sign a new contract, and so it elapsed. The reason RM didn't have to spend 300M on him was because he was a free agent and so there was no one to pay....you're not suggesting his value became zero, if that was the case then all footballers out of contract are worthless. They are plainly not worthless, they just don't command a sign on fee.
      Longy-Shops
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,801 posts | 922 
      Reply #95: Aug 30, 2024 03:48:53 pm
      I think the sheer number of posts you've made in defense of your analogy would suggest otherwise. Cheers.
      Mate...I've got F*ck all else to do than waffle on about tosh on here all day....just like you're doing
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 32,035 posts | 6624 
      Reply #96: Aug 30, 2024 04:03:48 pm
      Mate...I've got F*ck all else to do than waffle on about tosh on here all day....just like you're doing

Obviously. I can multi-task though so I can call out your BS and do my work pretty much simultaneously. YMMV
      harrydunn08
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,984 posts | 993 
      Reply #97: Aug 30, 2024 04:51:47 pm
      As much as I don't think this was a "priority transfer" as I would have preferred a CB and CM first, you can't argue with the quality of the player and price we paid.  At 12M, he's got the potential to be the best value for money signing of the summer (bar Mbappe on a free). 

Welcome to the club mate!!
      Longy-Shops
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,801 posts | 922 
      Reply #98: Aug 30, 2024 04:54:51 pm
      Obviously. I can multi-task though so I can call out your BS and do my work pretty much simultaneously. YMMV
      Everything on here is BS
      The-AllMightyReds
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 2,230 posts | 488 
      • In Klopp I trust
      Reply #99: Aug 30, 2024 04:56:17 pm
      As much as I don't think this was a "priority transfer" as I would have preferred a CB and CM first, you can't argue with the quality of the player and price we paid.  At 12M, he's got the potential to be the best value for money signing of the summer (bar Mbappe on a free). 

Welcome to the club mate!!

"free"

Just the 150m sign on bonus spread over his contract in additional to his 15m a year salary.  :lmao:
      lfc across the water
      • Needs a Klopp hug...Rafa's Number 1 fan...VAR has no faults Promoter
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,936 posts | 708 
      Reply #100: Aug 30, 2024 05:19:23 pm
      Quote from Longy-Shops
      Let's just analyse your first sentence: " A car is a car is a car to me"
      As for Mbappe's value....If we accept he was 300M last year....then that was what he was worth to PSG, as they held his registration. The player didn't want to sign a new contract (as is his want) and the club couldn't force him to sign a new contract, and so it elapsed. The reason RM didn't have to spend 300M on him was because he was a free agent and so there was no one to pay....you're not suggesting his value became zero, if that was the case then all footballers out of contract are worthless. They are plainly not worthless, they just don't command a sign on fee.

Never has a topic about cars being so irrelevant.

I didn't mention any different types of car, or different types of costs. They all have an engine, a steering wheel, and 4 tyres. Regardless of make, it's job is to get you from A-B with the minimum of fuss, hence what I said.

You acknowledge the reason why Mbappe left for the amount that he did. There are also very similar reasons why Chiesa has cost us the amount he has.

It's not like we're throwing 60m quid away on someone like Naby Keita. Who the hell would want to do that?
      « Last Edit: Aug 30, 2024 06:17:19 pm by lfc across the water »
      Don77

• 6,762 posts | 1193 
      Reply #101: Aug 30, 2024 06:33:23 pm
      Welcome Federico. Ive got reservations about this one. Hopefully come the end of the season il be looking stupid (again) for having those reservations.

Last time that happened it was for some fella called Robertson.

Looking forward to seeing what he can do. All the best Federico.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 41,095 posts | 8981 
      Reply #102: Aug 30, 2024 07:21:03 pm
      Currently learning Italian hand gestures.

in alto i rossi
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,566 posts | 3798 
      Reply #103: Aug 30, 2024 07:23:07 pm
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,058 posts | 6953 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #104: Aug 31, 2024 12:23:55 am
      I know nothing of this lad apart from remembering Si liked hi m a few seasons ago.I remember that.

So watching the obligatory You tube video and I liked what I saw.

Can use both feet to get around an opponent and loves to run at them.

Bring it on.

Welcome to The Greatest Club on the Planet, Federico!

P. S.  That smile of his when the announcement came out. Can see how elated he is to be here with us. I see good times ahead. 🔴💪🏾💪🏾💪🏾💪🏾💪🏾💪🏾
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 17,992 posts | 2855 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #105: Aug 31, 2024 07:04:03 am
      I know nothing of this lad apart from remembering Si liked hi m a few seasons ago.I remember that.

So watching the obligatory You tube video and I liked what I saw.

Welcome to The Greatest Club on the Planet, Federico!

Does you tube do a Clint Eastwood Ian?
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,566 posts | 3798 
      Reply #106: Aug 31, 2024 09:53:54 pm
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,138 posts | 5153 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #107: Sep 02, 2024 03:21:16 pm
      For those with a nervous disposition look away now !!

Lots of questions asking why have we signed this fella, well my answer is…..to replace Mo Salah, now before I get pelters and ppl questioning my sanity….hear me out ??

Now I’m not for one second endorsing we sell Mo, however his contract or lack thereof for next season is at this moment in time non existent …so assuming one isn’t being offered we have to think of who do we replace Mo with ?

Well he’s already here, possibly, now I don’t possess a crystal ball either but hypothetically if he is Mo’s replacement then this is a very smart and clever move ….yes he’s 26 years old….yes he’s at the North end of a typical Liverpool signing age wise….yes he’s suffered from a horrendous ACL injury….yes he’s Italian and yes, Italian players are not noted for pulling trees up in the EPL…BUT, here are other Stats that are more in his favour….

…Versatility…he can play anywhere across the top three, left or right or as an out and out striker….
      … he has pace to burn, some say he’s lost some pace due to his ACL, however, Virgil suffered the same injury and he has made a remarkable recovery and is as good as ever one could argue…so no reason that Federico can’t do the same…after his injury (Chiesa) he played 37 times without recurrence or issues…his speed is up there with the fastest than all but 10 of the EPL players as from 2023…. 36.2km/h …our quickest is Szloboslai at 3rd 36.7, Nunez 35.3, Salah 34.5, Robbo 34.4, Trent 34.2 Virgil 34.2……

Goal Ratio….before injury was xg 1.2 after injury xg 1.9
      Work rate….in the five main leagues in Europe…interuptions/blocks 65%….Tackling 70%…..

So it kinda makes sense that we’ve kinda struck while the iron is hot and brought in at a cinch of the price he is truly worth….Now add the Arne factor… known for working with players to make them even better than they show, rotates to keep players fresh and lessen injury risks and of course he will be playing in a system custom made for his particular skill set….so taking that all onboard you could say signing Federico Chiesa is very clever acquisition and dare I say a no brainer……..IF we were to lose Mo ??

YNWA

Scottbot

• 9,836 posts | 2255 
      Reply #108: Sep 02, 2024 04:53:38 pm
      Not a bad intro for him to watch was it!

Excited to see what he can do. I don't think he's been bought as a possible Salah replacement myself, he did most of his good work last season playing off the right hand side. Maybe we willsee him across all 3 spots though.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,566 posts | 3798 
      Reply #109: Sep 02, 2024 04:58:27 pm
      I think it could be a case of looking for more mobile versatile forwards and he fits the bill

I can see one of Nunez and Gakpo leaving next summer

Don’t think either at the moment are the right fit

And that’s potentially were Chiesa comes in

Or because we know Jota can suffer from niggles and to also protect Mo he is going to be part of a rotation
      The-AllMightyReds
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 2,230 posts | 488 
      • In Klopp I trust
      Reply #110: Sep 02, 2024 05:10:41 pm
      Whilst the international break comes at a bad time for us, besides Curtis......the one player it will help out is Chiesa. Extra time to get the fitness levels where it should be and hopefully that'll be enough to see him make the bench for Forest.

Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,566 posts | 3798 
      Reply #111: Sep 02, 2024 09:19:23 pm
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,674 posts | 3024 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #112: Sep 03, 2024 08:11:00 pm
      Not often seen a player look so happy joining a club, and his wife seems the same. Bodes well
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,058 posts | 6953 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #113: Sep 06, 2024 02:31:46 am
      Seen the latest training videos.

Knows how to stick it in the back of the net.

Top Bin.
      The-AllMightyReds
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 2,230 posts | 488 
      • In Klopp I trust
      Reply #114: Sep 06, 2024 09:40:38 am
      Seen the latest training videos.

Knows how to stick it in the back of the net.

Top Bin.

Tbf they all do when it comes to training & even then they only release the clips when it comes off and cut out the other hours of terrible attempts  :lmao:

Quick Reply