Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Chelsea [Premier League] Sun 20th Oct @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 7th of October and on this date LFC's match record is P28 W14 D8 L6

Tory Red Hoolies

Read 457 times
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly
      • Started Topic

• 41,215 posts | 9020 
      Tory Red Hoolies
      Oct 04, 2024 09:19:51 pm
       :lmao:  :lmao:  :lmao:  :lmao:

Former chancellor Nadhim Zahawi has admitted that he used to be a football hooligan and would “go out looking for fights”.

The 57-year-old, who served under Boris Johnson, revealed he was a member of Liverpool Football Club’s firm as a younger man.

Speaking at the Henley Literary Festival, a partner of The Independent, Mr Zahawi said: “I was part of Liverpool’s firm and would go out looking for fights as a football hooligan.

“In one fight with Southampton fans, I remember a giant police horse smashed me into a shop front on Seven Sisters Road in London.”

Mr Zahawi was elected as Conservative MP for Stratford-upon-Avon in May 2010 and later went on to work as a business minister and chancellor under Boris Johnson’s government.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/home-news/nadhim-zahawi-football-hooligan-liverpool-b2623543.html

Hahahahaha F***ing hell I haven't stopped laughing for five minutes after reading that sh*te above.

And the reference to Seven Sisters is deffo about the FA Cup semi of 86. Like any of our mid-80s hooligan firms would of taken him seriously.
      FrenchRed
      • Forum Igor Biscan

• 121 posts | 20 
      Re: Tory Red Hoolies
      Reply #1: Oct 05, 2024 09:54:12 am
      Isn't he the guy that claimed taxpayer's money to heat the stables at his country cottage (which is actually bigger than some stately homes)?

Never trust a Tory!
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,630 posts | 4623 
      Reply #2: Oct 05, 2024 10:11:15 am
      :lmao:  :lmao:  :lmao:  :lmao:

Former chancellor Nadhim Zahawi has admitted that he used to be a football hooligan and would “go out looking for fights”.

The 57-year-old, who served under Boris Johnson, revealed he was a member of Liverpool Football Club’s firm as a younger man.

Speaking at the Henley Literary Festival, a partner of The Independent, Mr Zahawi said: “I was part of Liverpool’s firm and would go out looking for fights as a football hooligan.

“In one fight with Southampton fans, I remember a giant police horse smashed me into a shop front on Seven Sisters Road in London.”

Mr Zahawi was elected as Conservative MP for Stratford-upon-Avon in May 2010 and later went on to work as a business minister and chancellor under Boris Johnson’s government.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/home-news/nadhim-zahawi-football-hooligan-liverpool-b2623543.html

Hahahahaha F***ing hell I haven't stopped laughing for five minutes after reading that sh*te above.

And the reference to Seven Sisters is deffo about the FA Cup semi of 86. Like any of our mid-80s hooligan firms would of taken him seriously.

😂😂😂😂

David Brent comes to mind…

Ooh, You’re Hard..
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,172 posts | 5169 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #3: Oct 05, 2024 11:12:09 am
      The very fact the Cnut is a Tory makes my piss boil, f***in hate Tories, their just slightly worse than those other Cnuts  Starmer leads, their all the same to me, and don’t represent what real ppl need in their lives, what’s he trying to say, that he hung with the great unwashed but then seen the light ?? That he was once one of us, yeah, i believe ye Pal……Never Trust a Tory…in fact don’t trust any MP…

“ You have to be trusted by the people that you lie to, so that when they turn their backs on you, you’ll get the chance to put the knife in “…..Dogs, Pink Floyd, Animals.

YNWA

ToshackKeeganOneNil
      • Forum Alan Hansen

• 629 posts | 126 
      Reply #4: Oct 05, 2024 12:12:04 pm
      A strange thing to brag about considering we were never known for having a "firm" per se.
      sore monad
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,187 posts | 587 
      Reply #5: Oct 05, 2024 12:22:35 pm
      It being the 80s, think I'm more surprised at a Pakistani looking footy hooligan than a Tory one. Must have stood out a bit.
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,630 posts | 4623 
      Reply #6: Oct 05, 2024 12:30:31 pm
      It being the 80s, think I'm more surprised at a Pakistani looking footy hooligan than a Tory one. Must have stood out a bit.

He is an Iraqi…
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly
      • Started Topic

• 41,215 posts | 9020 
      Reply #7: Oct 05, 2024 12:38:11 pm
      A strange thing to brag about considering we were never known for having a "firm" per se.

Definitely embellishing the tale slightly.

Most our ours were smaller crew of mates. Hahaha he's definitely been on one of the forums out there and heard the term "urchin" mentioned..
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly
      • Started Topic

• 41,215 posts | 9020 
      Reply #8: Oct 05, 2024 02:31:13 pm
      While a laugh I did read a post on another forum from someone else making the point this could be a disingenuous knock at that Hillsborough Law:

This is all very obviously to do with the fact that a Hillsborough Law is shortly going to come under Parliamentary scrutiny and, with a large majority government proposing it, has a fair chance of making it onto the statute book. The fact is that a lot of vested interests in UK society don’t want to see this happen and in the previous iteration of the debate about whether a Hillsborough Law should be introduced the position that the people opposed to it took was that the UK’s perjury laws were sufficiently wide to deal with malfeasance on the part of public officials. They aren’t. There is a clear legal distinction between perjury rules in the UK where you can get sent to jail for lying on oath and what the Hillsborough Law is designed to do, which is to import a positive obligation to tell the truth. You have that on the statute book, and you no longer have Duckenfield hiding behind memory loss.

This statement from a former prominent Tory figure is as utterly transparent as it is disingenuous. The story should not be challenging the laughable assumption that he was involved in working class football disorder nearly 40 years ago, and instead he should urgently be put to task on why and in what context this story has been publicised by a major UK news outlet, why he has decided to make this revelation now and what his agenda is in doing that. It’s clear what the people behind this statement are trying to do, which is to delay, frustrate and prevent a major socially progressive piece of legislation being enshrined in law.
      sore monad
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,187 posts | 587 
      Reply #9: Yesterday at 12:12:36 am
      While a laugh I did read a post on another forum from someone else making the point this could be a disingenuous knock at that Hillsborough Law:

This is all very obviously to do with the fact that a Hillsborough Law is shortly going to come under Parliamentary scrutiny and, with a large majority government proposing it, has a fair chance of making it onto the statute book. The fact is that a lot of vested interests in UK society don’t want to see this happen and in the previous iteration of the debate about whether a Hillsborough Law should be introduced the position that the people opposed to it took was that the UK’s perjury laws were sufficiently wide to deal with malfeasance on the part of public officials. They aren’t. There is a clear legal distinction between perjury rules in the UK where you can get sent to jail for lying on oath and what the Hillsborough Law is designed to do, which is to import a positive obligation to tell the truth. You have that on the statute book, and you no longer have Duckenfield hiding behind memory loss.

This statement from a former prominent Tory figure is as utterly transparent as it is disingenuous. The story should not be challenging the laughable assumption that he was involved in working class football disorder nearly 40 years ago, and instead he should urgently be put to task on why and in what context this story has been publicised by a major UK news outlet, why he has decided to make this revelation now and what his agenda is in doing that. It’s clear what the people behind this statement are trying to do, which is to delay, frustrate and prevent a major socially progressive piece of legislation being enshrined in law.

Hadn't thought of that but wouldn't be surprising if that was the agenda.
      Harrisimo
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,783 posts | 1491 
      Reply #10: Yesterday at 01:26:53 pm
      The giveaway is in using the word "firm". Liverpool did obviously have a hooligan element, but the word "firm" was never used to describe hooligan gangs by any Liverpool fan, hooligan or otherwise.

Zahawi came to the UK aged 11 and was educated in London. Perhaps he is..fffff....fibbing.... now if he had said he was with the Millwall "firm"...he might have a bit more credibility.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly
      • Started Topic

• 41,215 posts | 9020 
      Reply #11: Yesterday at 04:11:19 pm
      The giveaway is in using the word "firm". Liverpool did obviously have a hooligan element, but the word "firm" was never used to describe hooligan gangs by any Liverpool fan, hooligan or otherwise.

Pure southern word.

Most of Liverpool was different areas of crews of mates. - the obvious example being from my own area (Huyton Baddies)
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly
      • Started Topic

• 41,215 posts | 9020 
      Reply #12: Yesterday at 04:12:21 pm
      Zahawi came to the UK aged 11 and was educated in London. Perhaps he is..fffff....fibbing.... now if he had said he was with the Millwall "firm"...he might have a bit more credibility.

The point about Hillsborough Law is a valid one, this is how these snide politicians work

Quick Reply